General 500 Abarth Convertible

Currently reading:
General 500 Abarth Convertible

I think the 500 in Abarth form would be nicer than a Mini convertible. The mini soft top is one of the very few convertibles that looks better with the top up!
Decent chassis bracing is the key to getting a well behaved drop top. I like convertibles though, so I'm biased probably.

maxi surely the only 'utterly pointless' car is one that is unable to be used as a car?!

as soon as i saw the new 'abarth 500c' thread i KNEW youd be here with an opinion!!!..

the common opinion is that the 500c is better to drive than the standard model...(pre suspension update)- there is no reason to think the abarth 500c wont be well sorted- after all, its not even a 'proper' roofless convertible....limited loss of rigidity considering the entire roofline A-thru C pillar is left intact....

wait and see pics and reviews before passing final judgement.:)

maxi surely the only 'utterly pointless' car is one that is unable to be used as a car?!

as soon as i saw the new 'abarth 500c' thread i KNEW youd be here with an opinion!!!..

the common opinion is that the 500c is better to drive than the standard model...(pre suspension update)- there is no reason to think the abarth 500c wont be well sorted- after all, its not even a 'proper' roofless convertible....limited loss of rigidity considering the entire roofline A-thru C pillar is left intact....

wait and see pics and reviews before passing final judgement.:)
The A, B and C pillars might stop the car bending like a banana in the middle but they don't do much for torsional rigidity. Go and testdrive a 500c at a decent speed on some rough roads and you'll see exactly what I mean......

Where can I get one of these new Convertible Abarth powered 500 Giardinera 4x4 based on the new Panda platform?

An interesting animal.

But have no fear, they've dropped the Giardiniera anyway and the new Panda will do its job - better - because it has five doors.

Huh? What could be cooler than a go anywhere 500? You could argue it's cooler than the car that makes people think they're better than other people.

I think you need to do a poll on this and get it over with.

Who on here thinks owning a 500 makes them better person. I just don't see it.

I obviously missed an episode. Can s.o fill me in? What's that 500 cooler/better thing all about? :confused:

I like this forum plenty. Just don't like the attitudes sometimes :)
Slightly ironic that statement don't you think? This topic went straight from A500C to Panda's etc, shows how much interest there is for the A500C i.e. none at all! (well maybe just the odd person)

I'm standing my my honest VW style way of thinking, "it's not making the Abarth 500 worse, it's making the 500 convertible better" (allegedly ;)) But who am i to have an opinion?

It'll just give you the open air a little quicker! I fhtey are going to take the performance seriously , I would think they would have some sort of underbrace to help with torsional rigidity, be a missed opportunity if they didn't.
Of course there will be strengthening to the floorpan but the amount of strengthening needed to make it as rigid as the hatchback would be prohibitive in terms of performance.

Of course there will be strengthening to the floorpan but the amount of strengthening needed to make it as rigid as the hatchback would be prohibitive in terms of performance.
Even if it has 170 BHP as standard? I'm not saying it will, but with 695 coming out soon with 180 BHP standard, and the Abarth 500 being released in the US next year with 170 BHP standard, i wouldn't be at all surprised if Fiat upped the performance a bit to compensate for the extra weight. Just a thought...

Even if it has 170 BHP as standard? I'm not saying it will, but with 695 coming out soon with 180 BHP standard, and the Abarth 500 being released in the US next year with 170 BHP standard, i wouldn't be at all surprised if Fiat upped the performance a bit to compensate for the extra weight. Just a thought...

absolutley!

this is all conjecture, but what we do know is that it will be EXPENSIVE!

Carlo Abarth will be turning in his grave :bang:
Why? :confused:

Is he stressed about the choice between ivory or black ambience? Does he want the spoiler, wheels and fogs from a sport but likes the pop seats? Does he want underseat storage AND Interscope?

Please clarify please :)

:nerner::nerner:maxi- because im in the mood to challenge,(and bored) i do remember a little 'ding dong' we had on here ref you saying there will NEVER be an abarth 500c.....now did you promise to eat your hat if there ever was one?....or maybe eat your words??!!

whatever...NOWS THE TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..

i was right!..you were wrong!!!:D:D:D

:nerner::nerner:maxi- because im in the mood to challenge,(and bored) i do remember a little 'ding dong' we had on here ref you saying there will NEVER be an abarth 500c.....now did you promise to eat your hat if there ever was one?....or maybe eat your words??!!

whatever...NOWS THE TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..

i was right!..you were wrong!!!:D:D:D
I'd never say something THAT stupid! :p

Back