Technical fiat amigo brake drag

Currently reading:
Technical fiat amigo brake drag

greenmachine44

hi folks im having problems with my fiat amigos front left brake disc not releasing when the pedal is pushed, i have changed the caliper and hoses and still having the same problem, the right side releases fine ,any advise would be very much appreciated. i will post a few pictures of my amigo in due course for all to see. thanks in advance.

hi folks im having problems with my fiat amigos front left brake disc not releasing when the pedal is pushed, i have changed the caliper and hoses and still having the same problem, the right side releases fine ,any advise would be very much appreciated. i will post a few pictures of my amigo in due course for all to see. thanks in advance.
Make sure pads are moving freely in frame that holds them.

Make sure nothing is stopping brake pedal lever returning to off position.
I don't know where your brake light switch is but if switch turned off by return of brake pedal lever, if switch not properly adjusted it can hold brakes slightly on.

hi thanks for the fast reply the pads are nice and free i will take a look at what you said and let you know how i get on..

When brake not releasing undo bleed nipple see if fluid squirts out, retighten nipple.If fluid squirts out then pressure is being held in caliper, if undoing nipple releases brake then pressure is being held in caliper.
Good luck.

Back