Register Login
FIAT Auto Specialist Team
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 23-10-2010   #1
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: peterborough
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Fiat 500 abarth exhaust on a 1.2?

Hi

I have a fiat 500 1.2 and really like the look of the abarth exhaust.

Would the abarth exhaust fit? I know it would need a pipe reducer to bring the pipe size down but apart from that would there be any other problems?

Thanks in advance,

Ollie
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

killerchipmunk is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 23-10-2010   #2
STOP! Hammer time!
 
306maxi's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Welsh Riviera
Posts: 23,720
Thanks: 845
Trader Rating: 0
306maxi has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Fiat 500 abarth exhaust on a 1.2?

Quote Originally Posted by killerchipmunk View Post
Hi

I have a fiat 500 1.2 and really like the look of the abarth exhaust.

Would the abarth exhaust fit? I know it would need a pipe reducer to bring the pipe size down but apart from that would there be any other problems?

Thanks in advance,

Ollie
Would need the Abarth bumper
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

306maxi is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 10-11-2010   #3
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Chester
Posts: 6
Thanks: 0
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: Fiat 500 abarth exhaust on a 1.2?

i have done it really simple job i put a record monza on my 1.2 and sounds fantastic lots of pops and bangs and all that stuff. and don't have to change the bumper fits fine only thing i found was my car didn't have all the hanging that the exhaust needed but was easily fixed. and before anyone says why not get a abarth simple i am 19 my insurance is a bomb so easier to go a bit mad with a 1.2 with the cost it would be to change and makes something unique not another car that u will see about a 1.2 with more power than a abarth.
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

tommallon is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 11-11-2010   #4
Banned
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 2,787
Thanks: 118
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: Fiat 500 abarth exhaust on a 1.2?

Eh?

"1.2 with more power than an Abarth"

please explain
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

DraigFlag87 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 11-11-2010   #5
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Surrey
Posts: 118
Thanks: 2
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: Fiat 500 abarth exhaust on a 1.2?

Quote Originally Posted by DraigFlag87 View Post
Eh?

"1.2 with more power than an Abarth"

please explain
Don't you know? If you fit the exhaust from a faster car, it makes your car faster than the donor car.

Try it, it works. A bloke down the pub told me.



<nips off to the shops to buy a Veyron exhaust for his 1.2 Pop>
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

Gordini is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 11-11-2010   #6
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,632
Thanks: 237
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: Fiat 500 abarth exhaust on a 1.2?

Quote Originally Posted by Gordini View Post
A bloke down the pub told me.
OMG! A bloke down the pub told you AND it is on Fiat Forum! So it is true after all! That's all the proof I need!
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

RobinPJ is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 11-11-2010   #7
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Surrey
Posts: 118
Thanks: 2
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: Fiat 500 abarth exhaust on a 1.2?

If you were to put it on Wikipedia it would instantly become a FACT.
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

Gordini is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 11-11-2010   #8
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Sheffield
Posts: 353
Thanks: 14
Trader Rating: 2
United Kingdom 
Re: Fiat 500 abarth exhaust on a 1.2?

Quote Originally Posted by tommallon View Post
i have done it really simple job i put a record monza on my 1.2 and sounds fantastic lots of pops and bangs and all that stuff. and don't have to change the bumper fits fine only thing i found was my car didn't have all the hanging that the exhaust needed but was easily fixed. and before anyone says why not get a abarth simple i am 19 my insurance is a bomb so easier to go a bit mad with a 1.2 with the cost it would be to change and makes something unique not another car that u will see about a 1.2 with more power than a abarth.
How about some pics and a guide?
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

IainG GPS is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 11-11-2010   #9
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,239
Thanks: 62
Trader Rating: 0
Murano16v has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Fiat 500 abarth exhaust on a 1.2?

I tried a Magneti rear box on my 1.2 and yes it made more noise, but if I'm totally honest I think it made the car slower. I think you have to face it a 1.2 will always be a 1.2, adequate and does what it's meant to but no more.
__________________
Murano16v is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 11-11-2010   #10
STOP! Hammer time!
 
306maxi's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Welsh Riviera
Posts: 23,720
Thanks: 845
Trader Rating: 0
306maxi has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Fiat 500 abarth exhaust on a 1.2?

Quote Originally Posted by DraigFlag87 View Post
Eh?

"1.2 with more power than an Abarth"

please explain

Ditto. I'm interested in this mod if it gives an extra 100 horsies or so!
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

306maxi is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 11-11-2010   #11
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,239
Thanks: 62
Trader Rating: 0
Murano16v has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Fiat 500 abarth exhaust on a 1.2?

Given that the Record Monza for the Abarth costs about 900 and you've got to tell your insurance company why put it on a 1.2, not that I'm suggesting it's not been done
__________________
Murano16v is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 11-11-2010   #12
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Chester
Posts: 6
Thanks: 0
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: Fiat 500 abarth exhaust on a 1.2?

The cars in the process of being havin a turbo on it. Learnt alot from a guy with a cinq with 160bhp and he hadn't even bothered with changing the internals. I know there are differences with electronics and stuff but same basic engine. I tested the performance gains against a standard 1.2 with the few bits I have done so far and feels a lot more responsive and pulls better so far with tiny cheap things got the record of eBay was a steal. So far only spend 200 quid and last time I had it on a rolling road it had extra 10 bhp and larger more spread out torque curve. Not had it remapped yet going to do that along with the turbo so it all works well. And I know it will blow up and destroy the gearbox but all fun fixing it and finding ways round the problem. I don't plan on selling the car so I will just go mad with it see where I end up.
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

tommallon is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 11-11-2010   #13
STOP! Hammer time!
 
306maxi's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Welsh Riviera
Posts: 23,720
Thanks: 845
Trader Rating: 0
306maxi has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Fiat 500 abarth exhaust on a 1.2?

Quote Originally Posted by tommallon View Post
The cars in the process of being havin a turbo on it. Learnt alot from a guy with a cinq with 160bhp and he hadn't even bothered with changing the internals. I know there are differences with electronics and stuff but same basic engine. I tested the performance gains against a standard 1.2 with the few bits I have done so far and feels a lot more responsive and pulls better so far with tiny cheap things got the record of eBay was a steal. So far only spend 200 quid and last time I had it on a rolling road it had extra 10 bhp and larger more spread out torque curve. Not had it remapped yet going to do that along with the turbo so it all works well. And I know it will blow up and destroy the gearbox but all fun fixing it and finding ways round the problem. I don't plan on selling the car so I will just go mad with it see where I end up.
I'm very sceptical about a 10bhp gain from a bigger bore exhaust on something like a 1.2 tbh....... don't particularly see the point of turboing it either when you could just get a t-jet lump. Anyway I reckon a 1.2 with an aftermarket turbo would be stupid on insurance for a 19 year old if you actually declare the modifications properly.....
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

306maxi is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 11-11-2010   #14
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,239
Thanks: 62
Trader Rating: 0
Murano16v has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Fiat 500 abarth exhaust on a 1.2?

And insurance is the reason for not gettin an Abarf
__________________
Murano16v is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 11-11-2010   #15
Banned
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 2,787
Thanks: 118
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: Fiat 500 abarth exhaust on a 1.2?

I agree. Think someones having us on. For the following reasons:

1. It would probably cost less to trade in the 500 for an Abarth, once you start fitting a turbo, there's a ton of other stuff too, and as it's a 1.2, these parts will probably have to be custom made, very expensive.

2. As Maxi says, insurance, it's hard enough getting insurance companies to accept an exhaust as a "mod" never mind a Turbo!

3. I doubt you can get a Monza for 200

4. Might as well get an Abarth, no work required

All of the above is my opinion only, not fact
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

DraigFlag87 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Reply
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
500 (Abarth) Abarth 500 Record Monza Exhaust sikersh Auction Watch 0 03-10-2010 12:53
(Tu) Standard Abarth 500 Exhaust onefiatpunto Abarth 500 6 05-03-2010 19:46