Your views and possibly your help please

Currently reading:
Your views and possibly your help please

Dobby

Barney, Dennis & Larry
I'm guessing quite a few people have been watching this programme and it has definitely changed my opinion. What are your views on battery/free range chickens?

It has actually encouraged me to seriously consider adopting ex batt hens which i'm currently looking into

Can i talk anyone into joining the Chickout campaign?

http://www.chickenout.tv/

(y)

we are greedy, we demand cheaper products all the time - so its no wonder stuff like this has happened. not saying it's right. just that i'm at suprised.

I'm a strict octo-lacto veggie. Don't buy leater etither/

I ONLY buy free range at a minimum....organic as a preference.

at present i support a local dairy and hen farm and buy form them....not as cheap but i'm doing good in 2 respects.

Battery etc make me soo f**ing pee'd off, and the fact people just don't seem to think.

Enough of me though, i may open up a can of whup ass soon ,so best go calm down lol

Kristian

free range is better, and more humane, but at the end of the day, looking at relative wages vs house prices vs general upkeep of having children, and so on

Can you blame people for buying 2 for a fiver???

if free range was cheaper, problem solved

Last edited:
We go a local farm shop for all our veggies and also get our eggs there. they only keep free range out of choice.

Farm shops are brilliant, the range of produce ours keeps is unbelieveable. for a small shop they get stuff in ive never seen before and you will never see in a supermarket. and its all fresh and tastes so much better!

agree with farm shops
12 min film wow
basically in England they are put on similar shackles and stunned first and are cut manually i think then left to bleed then the feathers are plucked out by machines like car washes

I have to admit i have become unsubsidized to death

BBC3 12:40 baby lamb look at the brains when he kills them 2 near the end they sort of squirt out of the head i want a hd tv
mighty boosh on at mo

Last edited:
Has anyone actually signed up to this campaign yet???

I would be looking to adopt ex batt hens and they would be for laying eggs only, when they die (which will be of old age) they will be treated like any other pet and buried. Certainly not plucked and eaten.

Igoring Daz-Rich sick weird comment.....

Yes I am all up for keeping chickens. As i have posted on here many times I spent 10 years working at a bird Sanctuary and have a soft spot for chickens.

We had quite a few ex battery hens and because they were used to such confined spaces we had to make tiny boxes for them in the visitor reception for them to lay their eggs as they wouldnt lay them outside. But I think they just like coming indoors to have a nosey and sneak in the kitchen :p

We wont be able to keep chickens until we move to a house with a bigger garden.

Hi Sammi, if you've got any advice about keeping ex batt hens (i'd rather go for these than chicks) i'd be grateful to hear from you (y)

Has anyone actually signed up to this campaign yet???

I would be looking to adopt ex batt hens and they would be for laying eggs only, when they die (which will be of old age) they will be treated like any other pet and buried. Certainly not plucked and eaten.

i have a friend who owns a farm and he gave a large flock of ex battery hens a new home, and let them roam around free range, I go swimming there and its lovely watching through the windows the hens digging and scratching around, stretching there wings and eating all the scrap veggies(y).
When they first arrrived they had very little feathers and were very shy at exploring, they had plucked off their own feathers due to the stress of being squashed up in a cage, thier feet were a mess also(n)

something you would need to consider Dobby is if you have the room to offer them a new home, they very soon eat all the grass, and make a mess from digging around! so you would need to be able to fence off part of your garden, so you can rotate your lawn space:) Good luck and thanks to you for considering offering these poor creatures a better life:cool:

Back