Work

Currently reading:
Work

Yeah you will need Alevels or something equivilant as you will need something like 230 ucas points i think it is for a full degree course which is basically 1 b and 2 c's in alevel results iirc.

I know people that have got in just from having experience in the field they are going in to!

I've got 2/3 years IT behind me so I'm hoping that will do it :p

All i will say is good luck. Might get you onto an access course but with the amount of people trying to go to uni at the minute who get good alevels and still dont get onto courses i think you will struggle.

Depends on the course and the uni though. Open uni yeah its no problem but most normal ones they do care about it. Like i got sh*t alevels and they wouldnt let me of a full course so i had to do a HND course which if i wanted would then of put me onto the 2nd year of the full course i wanted to do.

If you dont have any Alevels then you just need to go direct, so ring a few up, look online at unis you want to go to and see if they do the course you want. Ask to speak to there admissions office and see what they say.

Universities are all working on a credit system at the moment (so I'm told). I didn't have any A levels so had to do an access course which gives me 45 level 3 credits. In addition you also need 15(?) level 2 credits which is basically 5 GCSE grade C or above, including English and Maths.

They reccommend allowing 2 years for an Access course but I'm doing mine in 1 year. If you're smart, and I think you are (don't get a fat head) you will be ok doing it in a year.

Like Matt said though, talk to the universities direct and they should be able to give you sound advice.

All they want is money(y)

through that logic, surely if someone knows about the subject, and has potential to go the whole 3 years thats 3 years worth of fees they get off them... so why let on a no-mark who might be smart but cant prove it.. and might drop out after the first semester :confused: no more money!

getting into uni is harder than it looks. alright i got unconditional and conditional offers off all 6 of my uni choices, but thats cos i have grades. but if you think about the amount of spaces available, and the amount of people applying.,... competition is tough!

but i have my degree now so alls good :D.... now i just need a job... :chin:

Last edited:
Universities are all working on a credit system at the moment (so I'm told). I didn't have any A levels so had to do an access course which gives me 45 level 3 credits. In addition you also need 15(?) level 2 credits which is basically 5 GCSE grade C or above, including English and Maths.

They reccommend allowing 2 years for an Access course but I'm doing mine in 1 year. If you're smart, and I think you are (don't get a fat head) you will be ok doing it in a year.

Like Matt said though, talk to the universities direct and they should be able to give you sound advice.

On some access courses if you average a distinction across everything in your first year then they will let you join the full degree course in 2nd year.

On some access courses if you average a distinction across everything in your first year then they will let you join the full degree course in 2nd year.

Really? They never told me that :mad:

Oh well. Doing mine in one year and been offered a place at uni if I just pass the access course, so I guess it's working out ok so far.

Back