Work

Currently reading:
Work

Thats slightly illegal.

Now you can claim to have your holidays again if you are unwell during your holidays.

Time to take some advice.

Cheers

SPD

only on a 12 month contract (placement) so its not illegal... although its unfair as I've used 3 days of my holiday (only get 25) to go to doctors/dentist :(

only on a 12 month contract (placement) so its not illegal... although its unfair as I've used 3 days of my holiday (only get 25) to go to doctors/dentist :(

Recent legislation has all been about making sure that contract workers are treated the same as full time employees.

If you are PAYE, it shouldn't matter what contract you are on. Even part time workers now have the same rights.

My HR Director goes to all the seminars and send me the breifing notes.

Cheers

SPD

A lot of places no longer pay sick pay for so many days. Current company don't pay for the first 3 shifts taken off per sick-episode; last company would only pay for 3 one-day sick calls oper year and after that you didn't get anything until you'd been signed off for a week or more by a GP.

I've had 2 1/2 days off in 12 years so doesn't bother me much either way ;)

is that a lot then? :confused: seeing as I work like 360 days in that year (damn American companies dont give us any free holidays :bang:)

Recent legislation has all been about making sure that contract workers are treated the same as full time employees.

If you are PAYE, it shouldn't matter what contract you are on. Even part time workers now have the same rights.

My HR Director goes to all the seminars and send me the breifing notes.

Cheers

SPD

Hmm, well I have asked.. there is the Bradford factor which is like 7 days per so many days holiday I think.. I'm not too sure.. not guna risk getting fired over it though :rolleyes:

Bradford factor is worked out like this;

Number of days off X Number of days off x 10

I.E - I'll use my bradford factor as an example

1.5 x 1.5 x 10 = 22.5

Magic number is 200 where you usually get a verbal off your line manager.

Bradford factor is worked out like this;

Number of days off X Number of days off x 10

I.E - I'll use my bradford factor as an example

1.5 x 1.5 x 10 = 22.5

Magic number is 200 where you usually get a verbal off your line manager.

Not quite :

Bradford Factor = (Number of times absent) x (Number of time absent) x (Total number of days absent)

e.g off for 2 days then off for 5 days (in a given period) gives a Bradford Factor of 2 x 2 x (2 + 5) = 28.

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bradford_Factor"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bradford_Factor[/ame]

is that a lot then? :confused: seeing as I work like 360 days in that year (damn American companies dont give us any free holidays :bang:)
QUOTE]

If you are employed in Yooropp, and pay UK tax through PAYE, you are covered by Yooropian employment law and must have holidays.

Cheers

SPD

It's probably like where I work. The holiday pay is incorporated into your basic rate.

P

It's probably like where I work. The holiday pay is incorporated into your basic rate.

P

Thats now illegal too. Companys cannot pay in lieu of holidays. Holidays must be taken. Yuropian working time directive.

Working time regulations, Section 13-9-b.

(9) Leave to which a worker is entitled under this regulation may be taken in instalments, but -

(a) it may only be taken in the leave year in respect of which it is due, and

(b) it may not be replaced by a payment in lieu except where the worker's employment is terminated

Since 1999 you must have four weeks holiday per year.

Cheers

SPD

Thats now illegal too. Companys cannot pay in lieu of holidays. Holidays must be taken. Yuropian working time directive.

Working time regulations, Section 13-9-b.

(9) Leave to which a worker is entitled under this regulation may be taken in instalments, but -

(a) it may only be taken in the leave year in respect of which it is due, and

(b) it may not be replaced by a payment in lieu except where the worker's employment is terminated

Since 1999 you must have four weeks holiday per year.

Cheers

SPD

As far as I was aware "Rolled Up" holiday is still legal. I have worked for multiple places that work on this system. As long as it is stated in your contract and there is a breakdown of how it is calculated.

As far as I was aware "Rolled Up" holiday is still legal. I have worked for multiple places that work on this system. As long as it is stated in your contract and there is a breakdown of how it is calculated.

The briefing before last indicated that there was a change and now holidays must be given and taken.

We've had to change company policy to account for this change.

Cheers

SPD

Last edited:
No, I am just a Company Director. Corporate responsibility laws are quite severe so I have an HR Director who tries to keep me right.

Just shows I've been paying attention, which he wouldn't believe.

Cheers

SPD

Cheers rallycinq

*Trots off to HR*

So after buying COD at about 00:01 on Monday :p I played it all night until about 6:30.

woke up at 12 ish played until about 2. Then decided to email my old boss.

By half 3 I was sitting at my old desk:p

working here until X mas at the moment no helpdesk crap:D helping develop IT/Marketing.:)

Back