Off Topic We don't realise what a nice car we have...

Currently reading:
Off Topic We don't realise what a nice car we have...

Oh dear - I am the driver of one of the horrible, un-attractive entry level Bravo 1.4 Active models you continue to refer to as ugly and unkept - so no place for me in this thread - i didnt know Bravo snoberry existed - i do now.

ignore the troll mate, he seems to get off on being negative about Fiats :rolleyes:

even a beat up 10 year old Fiat is massively cooler than a new boring vauxhall or VW :p

Oh dear - I am the driver of one of the horrible, un-attractive entry level Bravo 1.4 Active models you continue to refer to as ugly and unkept - so no place for me in this thread - i didnt know Bravo snoberry existed - i do now.

Do you love your car?

If the answer is no and you bought it just because it was cheap then no, this thread is not for you.

Last edited:
I do love my car and am an Italian car fanatic, however, the perception that the Bravo is special is madness, it's just a car built on the old Stilo chassis, which was previously a Tipo chassis, designed and brought to production in 18 months, hardly heart and soul is it? Come on chaps lets be realistic. As for comparing it to any A3/A4, come on!

Here's mine if anyone is curious.................

https://www.fiatforum.com/members-motors/233261-personalistation-finished.html

Last edited:
I do love my car and am an Italian car fanatic, however, the perception that the Bravo is special is madness, it's just a car built on the old Stilo chassis, which was previously a Tipo chassis, designed and brought to production in 18 months, hardly heart and soul is it? Come on chaps lets be realistic. As for comparing it to any A3/A4, come on!

Here's mine if anyone is curious.................

https://www.fiatforum.com/members-motors/233261-personalistation-finished.html

Are you kidding?

if there's a car that has no soul it has to be the A3.

As for the bravo, as I said I don't care what chassis it's on but for your information, the A3's riding on a decades old golf chassis and no one complains about that.

I'm not a fiat fan, I hate the old ones (don't talk to me about typos or unos) but I love my bravo.

I' defend FIAT for these reasons

They produce stylish affordable cars that are always fun to drive and the engines are always top notch. The Punto has always been a well spec'd car in base form.

Here's what lets them down:

Build Quality. I'm not talking about materials used. I'm talking about cars leaving the factory that are physically assembled correctly.

My Grande Punto (at 10,000 miles) constantly went back to the dealership for ridiculous things:

- Suspension not mounted correctly (lol)
- Power steering light on most of the time
- ENGINE not mounted properly (lol)
- City Steering occasionally working
- Plastic trim around the windscreen vent distorting due to heat (epic fail fiat)
- Front grill fell out under an emergency braking situation.

I didnt have ANY of these issues with the MK1 Punto...... its a bit silly.

But other than build quality, fiats and alfa's are THE most "not just a machine" cars money can buy.

You grow attached and you ALWAYS turn around for one last look before you go inside.

Last edited:
I'd like to +1 the comment that the A3 is soul less.

I get in one at least once a week and its just so damned boring. The engine isn't half as willing as the Bravo, the interior styling is bland, exterior styling is bland, build quality is nothing to write home about, the seats are hard, and the suspension crashy. But it's worth several 1,000 more than the Bravo?

The A4 Cabriolet that another colleague has is much better. Styling is a little better outside and in, suspension is much less harsh, It doesn't have the decrepid diesel engine so its got to be better there.

Last edited:
Sorry, I don't see any car there that I would exchange for my bravo. The Astra is a good car but doesn't have half of the options I got in my car and I hate its interior.

Even the alfa GT, it's a car that didn't age very well.

Yep, the Alfa too is an old design on an elongated Tipo platform but booger was she pretty, inside and out.

You can say what you like but I'm talking about the underpinnings of the car, any Focus, Astra or Golf (of the same year) would batter the Bravo around a circuit, the dynamics of the car are shocking. I got beaten by some chav in a Pug 306 GTi the other day, for one simple reason, not power, but cornering, my Bravo kept lifting its rear wheels where it shouldn't and couldn't hold any sort of line round a roundabout, straightline was fine, equally matched, but in the end I had to let this idiot pass as the Bravo isn't up to racing an old 90s peice of shiiiiit, the mind boggles...................

Yep, the Alfa too is an old design on an elongated Tipo platform but booger was she pretty, inside and out.

You can say what you like but I'm talking about the underpinnings of the car, any Focus, Astra or Golf (of the same year) would batter the Bravo around a circuit, the dynamics of the car are shocking. I got beaten by some chav in a Pug 306 GTi the other day, for one simple reason, not power, but cornering, my Bravo kept lifting its rear wheels where it shouldn't and couldn't hold any sort of line round a roundabout, straightline was fine, equally matched, but in the end I had to let this idiot pass as the Bravo isn't up to racing an old 90s peice of shiiiiit, the mind boggles...................

you are a complete idiot for racing on the road (n)

Do you love your car?

If the answer is no and you bought it just because it was cheap then no, this thread is not for you.

Do I love it ? - not really - I do I like it ?- yes for what it is, a cheap car.

I bought it because it was cheap - i ws looking for a small car to trade in my Sciencento against (family 2nd car) and realised I could get a Bravo cheaper than an old style Ford KA - thats why I bought it.

If I was looking to spend more - I would definately buy an Golf, Astra, Focus or Yeti before it everytime.

Any Bravo better spec'ed than the 1.4 active is just a more expensive, cheaply built car.

Yeh it looks fantastic but it its cheaply put together and built to a price. It drives okay and is very quiet but its not as good to drive as a Golf, Astra of Focus (all which i have driven recently).

Last edited:

I didn't buy the car to race it.

If I was going to race I wouldn't buy a stupid astra or focus anyway, even if I were poor I'd get a lotus elise or a tweaked mx5.

Any Bravo better spec'ed than the 1.4 active is just a more expensive, cheaply built car.

Yeh it looks fantastic but it its cheaply put together and built to a price. It drives okay and is very quiet but its not as good to drive as a Golf, Astra of Focus (all which i have driven recently).

You clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

My high spec bravo is flawlessly built, with a much better cabin than your car and better options than any Focus.

The Golf has very high end models that are undeniably better than the bravo but they're expensive like a bmw or merc so it's stupid to buy it.

You don't seem to have the highest speced Bravos in the UK so I don't blame you for your ignorance.

If I remember right you got a mjet, in this case, which is over 100kgs heavier than the 306 plus the bravo is a much bigger and taller car than the 306, and don't forget the 306 gti was one of the best handling car in its era and I'm be surprise any modern hatch can match it (forget the like of VXRs, RSs, sport cup version as they are not on the same class of the Bravo, they are special track edition IMO) In fact, if you racing on the street (not I will recommend it) you might have a better chance to beat the 306 if you were in a Panda 100hp.

Back