The "Take a photo of something interesting when you are out" Thread!

Currently reading:
The "Take a photo of something interesting when you are out" Thread!

some old tech

Attachments

• 2012-02-11 08.56.50.jpg
    2012-02-11 08.56.50.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 63
Yuk!
I went in one of those restaurants ( a cross between a supermarket and an aquarium) in Manilla years ago. We ate a meal of freshly bashed over the head and cooked fish.
Once we had eaten up, and paid the bill, the waitress meticulously handed each of us a slip of paper that had written on it:
"Beware red tide disease!"
It then went on to warn that some fish caught in the Manilla Bay area were infected with this disease. The restaurant was within a stone's throw of the bay.
The resataurant vigorously defended their fish, saying that it had not come from the bay.
The next day one of my colleagues was so ill he couldn't leave his hotel bathroom.
When I told the hotel reception about the "Red Tide Disease" warning they calmly said:
"No he probably hasn't got that..he would be in hospital or dead by now if he had.."
Nice!

Poor frogs :-(

Ironically I'm France at the moment too.

It actually makes my stomach turn when you go to Carrefour here and you see all the fresh crabs dying slowly on the shelves. Don't get me wrong I'm all for eating meat I just hate to see things suffer. I saw a guy leave the supermarket the other day and the fish he bought were still wriggling about in the carrier bag...

Poor frogs :-(

Ironically I'm France at the moment too.

It actually makes my stomach turn when you go to Carrefour here and you see all the fresh crabs dying slowly on the shelves. Don't get me wrong I'm all for eating meat I just hate to see things suffer. I saw a guy leave the supermarket the other day and the fish he bought were still wriggling about in the carrier bag...
We were in a restaurant in Quimper in Brittany a few years ago when I thought I might try the lobster, until the waiter brought brought a couple over for me to choose from. They both looked at me as if to say: "Eat him." "No, eat him."

I ended up going for the steak. Only after I ordered it did it occur to me that I might have to choose a heiffer.....or a horse. Thankfully it just came on a plate.

ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1393617694.842518.jpgsaw this in hobbycraft yesterday when I went for a wander round. I found Shaun the sheep pretty interesting :p that's about as much excitement I had yesterday lol

Back