25012010063.jpg

Stilo The No1 GP Schumacher Project. Please.

Introduction

Hi so here is my New Schumi. (05 35k miles)
25012010063.jpg

Yes i know its a crappy mobile pic. Ill get her back out for a couple of decent pics at the weekend.

So the plan is to sell some old speakers and give the body work a good going over. There are a few nicks and dinks but once they are sorted the exterior will be top notch.
The wheels are a little scuffed so they need a refurb. Im thinking of having them powder coated so i will have a play on photoshop when i get a minute.

Again i have no pics but the next thing will be to put in my reclining sports seats and smaller aftermarket steering wheel. :wave: Bye Bye Airbags.

Then i have the install to start just as soon as i pay for a warranty and window tints so no twocer can see in.

If anybody has any comments or ideas then im all ears.

Stu
Trust me you wouldnt want it. Every time you paint it it picks up stone chips before it dries properly. I spose its the nose down stance that it used to have and red paint takes ages to dry.

Wind deflectors ordered.

I really need to carry on working on the Install. I keep geting waylaid.

Just having a look at spacers now. I havnt a clue which ones to buy. I presume we want ones that are anodised (is that correct, the gold tint sort of colour). Im not sure though because i would have mine powder coated so rust isnt a problem. You reckon the material matters from a strength or performance point of view?

Last edited:
id paint it and leave it in the shed, after 10 coats of lacquer and 2 months, itd be ready and stone chip proof :D

ace, theyll look good (y)

im trying to sort out a DAB module for my car PC, delivery is taking ages....then the diagnostics are being hooked up....realtime car info beign displayed on an 8" touchscreen :rolleyes:...also messing with doing this on a ODBII converted integra type R, the same one i recently did a gold engine bay for

.....should be fun lol

Having a look on the bay they seem to be going for £60 posted 20mm rears and £50 15mm fronts.

Ill ask automotives.biz and see what they say.

Although i just spanked an large amount of money on some earphones so ill have to see how much i got left.

Hi there... Nice car! I'm still missing mine! :(

Found out the other day that it is most likely a write off after an accident in Brighton..

If you need any info or parts etc feel free to contact me as I owned mine for 2 1/2 years and did plenty to mine.. As for powder coating the wheels.. Go for it! :yum:

Mine was running around 205-210 Bhp at one point and was a lot of fun... :devil:

Soooo jealous of you!

what did you do to get 205-210bhp out of yours i pick mine up on tues(only 3 days) and i'm looking to get 200bhp out of mine which i thinks not too much as it is a 2.4l

Nope i woosed out lol. I havnt touched the engine yet. I want a concerted plan before i do. I feel that the engine has a lot more potential if tuned properly, which needs a lot more thought than what people have done so far.

Just thought I'd mention that I took the plunge and fitted a K&N Typhoon to my Abarth today (cos I'm not a wuss ;)), the good news it doesn't seem to have upset the MAF as I'm not getting any engine management warnings that I was worried about.

Its quite subtle, not as loud as other induction kits I've had on other motors, although you do get some slight 'breathing and popping'.
Not really noticed much difference in throttle response but I've not took it for a proper run yet... that'll have to wait till 7 oclock Sunday mornin!

Its easy to get in and out TBH. The rear part of the harness does go onto the seat bench bolts. But the lower ones that are closest to the door so people can still get in/ out fairly easily and sit quite comfortably in the rear without having to stradle the belt.

Well at a rough guess I've spent about £9k ish not including routine maintenance. That's probably about the same a similar milage and age poverty spec Golf would have cost.

Back