General Thank you and goodbye

Currently reading:
General Thank you and goodbye

Out of interest, what was the Bravo like in terms of maintenance costs as the mileage built up? It is always interesting to hear of high milers. I always wonder how they fair compared with the likes of BMW's, VW's etc as it is quite common to see them with very high mileage with hefty price tags. The Fiat's less so I suppose because of the type of driver with fewer company car drivers etc (I think?).

Thanks

Out of interest, what was the Bravo like in terms of maintenance costs as the mileage built up? It is always interesting to hear of high milers. I always wonder how they fair compared with the likes of BMW's, VW's etc as it is quite common to see them with very high mileage with hefty price tags. The Fiat's less so I suppose because of the type of driver with fewer company car drivers etc (I think?).

Thanks

i use mine as a company car and do 20k miles a year

bought the last one on 37k and passed it to my fiance 2 1/2 years later on 85K

now i have a new one i bought on 22k and probably will run for 3 years and similar mileage

both have been very reliable, only retired the last one due to age rather than miles/condition (y)
no parts/repairs needed other than normal servicing and consumables (brakes/tyres)

Last edited:

Thanks

It wasn't too bad at all. The alternator went at one hundred and something, as did the DMF. Both tend to go on high milers of any marque.
Right at the end it started to suffer from a water leak that was difficult to pin point (it was minor, but there). The brakes lasted an unusually long time.
Apart from that there was routine servicing and that was it

Back