General Thank you and goodbye

Currently reading:
General Thank you and goodbye

PROV

Well after 5 1/2 years and I must say with extremely heavy heart, we traded in the Bravo today. I was upset I dont mind saying. It did us more than proud, and was on a staggering 148,500 miles when she went in.
I also calculated she had driven in 11 different countries.

What to replace it with, well that did cheer me up a bit, its an Alfa red, Giulietta 2.0 multijet 170 veloce with 18" teledial alloys, mahoosive brakes and privacy glass.

I will be selling a set of steelies with winter tyres on as soon as I get sorted..

But thanks everyone, I have loved the Bravo and loved the site. I will keep an eye on things here now and again :)

Not many of us early owners left now, Tad, Me, who else? Sorry to see you go :{

When I head for home shortly, I'll cross the 46000 line after 4 2/3 years, so another 9 years + before I catch up with your old Bravo!

Goodbye and good luck.

Really nice upgrade. I am jealous as I've wanted a Giulietta for ages now. Plus I'm grumpy because I just spent £500 on a new set of tyres

Nice upgrade. Giulietta TCT will be my next motor in a few years. What's the comparison like :confused:

You get a good price for the Bravo on chop in :confused:

Its great so far. Consumption is slightly worse at the moment which is a tad worrying (averaged 44mpg so far)

Not really with that mileage on it, I was looking at a litttle under £2k....:eek:

Last edited:
Here she is....

Attachments

• Giuli.jpg
    Giuli.jpg
    284 KB · Views: 130
And my favourite one of the Bravo, taken last september when on 140k miles, on the top of the San Bernadino pass in Switzerland...

Attachments

• P1050590.JPG
    P1050590.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 132
The Bravo is certainly the prettier car IMHO. In the flesh when they were parked next to each other though the Giuli looked much more purposeful. That pic doesnt do the lines justice either. I suppose the Bravo is more photogenic ;)

The rear panels from those photos definitely sit less well on the Guiletta than they do on the Bravo...kudos to Fiat for that one.

Definitely a good change though, and hope it sees you as well as the Bravo did.

Thanks for the comments. I really like the rear lights (though I liken them to the bloke on the pringles crisps moustache!)

The whole thing feels much more taut and planted, though maybe that is a little unfair on the Bravo considering how many miles that had done!

Thought I would return and give a bit of an update incase anyone was wondering...

Well we have had the Giuli now for 6 months. Still really enjoying the car. The paint finish is stunning, people always comment on it, not sure if the dealer put some diamondbrite or similar when it was new.

Anyway, consumption wise it is very similar to the Bravo. We are averaging around 48-50mpg, though I have managed 55.4 on my way to work one morning.

The ride is good but the 18" make for a noisy ride, it carries more road noise than the Bravo did (on 17"). I have some 17" rims for winters for it so will compare then

One area it has disappointed in is rattles. It had a suspension noise that the dealer struggled to identify and fix (though now done), and a couple of dash rattles. On talking to dealer they said its the only thing they do on them, dash rattles. Never mechanicals.

Overall very pleased with it, but they need to sort out dash materials or fitting them properly!

Back