General Dtv and fra values readings

Currently reading:
General Dtv and fra values readings

electric73

My car is fiat bravo 1.4 t-get 150hp, 2007. Starting issue appear at almost every cold start. Last thing I do is adding fuel additive to the tank before filling it. Now it has around 35 liters of petrol. The problem still exist. I opened alfaobd to check fra and dtv values(usually uses Torque app for the fuel trims). I deleted self adaptive parameters and after a few minutes of driving, noticed that Dtv factor(or short fuel trim) became 0.515 at idle. And 0.46 at low load. According to the information about adaptations in internet, more than 0.2 means unmetered air leak or not enough fuelb being supplied to the system.
Fra factor, called also multiplicative parameter or long fuel trim, has 3 values - at low load, high load and current load. All of them are showing 1.005 which is good for now. But the long trim needs more driving for a proper reading. My question is can I rely on those readings about Dtv factor? Is it really possible an air leak to cause those high values and be the culprit for the cold start issues?
Screenshot_2023-09-21-20-13-41-10_e2d5b3f32b79de1d45acd1fad96fbb0f.jpg

IMG_20230921_202129.jpg

Last edited:
Seems like nobody in the world knows how to make these engines start when they are cold, i've given up chasing problems on mine. I cannot find people with Alfa Giulietta 1.4T having the same issue, so i think it must be ECU calibration/programming error from FIAT. Maybe remapping the ECU can have some positive effect?

Last edited:
Back