Technical SGW Ducato 2018+

Currently reading:
Technical SGW Ducato 2018+

stefunk

Hi,

I replaced the seat in my Ducato and the airbag warning light came on. I have Multiecuscan, which allowed me to perform a DPF regeneration, but unfortunately, I am unable to connect to the airbag system. I ordered a yellow adapter from ebay and tried two different types of cables, but failed. After reading the Multiecuscan website, I learned that I may have an SGW (security gateway), which is a device that protects authorized repair shops from losing money and prevents unauthorized diagnostic access (and supposedly prevents thieves from starting the vehicle). I wanted to bypass this device using a "bypass" cable, as suggested on the website, but I am unable to locate the module to which I need to connect. I found a video on YouTube showing a 2021 Ducato with the SGW module located under the glove box, but when I removed the cover on my vehicle, there was nothing there. Can anyone help me locate the module where I can connect the bypass cable? The vehicle in question is a 2018 Ducato 2.3.

Hi,

I replaced the seat in my Ducato and the airbag warning light came on. I have Multiecuscan, which allowed me to perform a DPF regeneration, but unfortunately, I am unable to connect to the airbag system. I ordered a yellow adapter from ebay and tried two different types of cables, but failed. After reading the Multiecuscan website, I learned that I may have an SGW (security gateway), which is a device that protects authorized repair shops from losing money and prevents unauthorized diagnostic access (and supposedly prevents thieves from starting the vehicle). I wanted to bypass this device using a "bypass" cable, as suggested on the website, but I am unable to locate the module to which I need to connect. I found a video on YouTube showing a 2021 Ducato with the SGW module located under the glove box, but when I removed the cover on my vehicle, there was nothing there. Can anyone help me locate the module where I can connect the bypass cable? The vehicle in question is a 2018 Ducato 2.3.
I read a bit about that on the Gendan website who supply that sort of software and leads etc. so maybe have a word with them.:)

I believe there were no SGW on 2018 and non late 2019 UK Ducato Models. If polish were different?
If you are able to connect to the engine you do not have an SGW. Why the body ecu doesnt connect, i dont know. I did have an issue with a cheap ebay yellow connector wheas never had a problem with one from Gendan (apart from being able to find it when i need it)

I believe there were no SGW on 2018 and non late 2019 UK Ducato Models. If polish were different?
If you are able to connect to the engine you do not have an SGW. Why the body ecu doesnt connect, i dont know. I did have an issue with a cheap ebay yellow connector wheas never had a problem with one from Gendan (apart from being able to find it when i need it)
Thank you for that suggestion that is in opposite what woman selling multiecuscan has told me, but maybe she didn't had idea what is she talking about ;)

I asked this question about SGW on other forums as well.

and got no responce. this is a question that keeps coming up when were the SGWs actualy intoduced to Ducatos.

So i've received again yellow adapter from another seller, offcourse it doesnt work :) This time i performed scan on both interfaces

Scan result without yellow interface:

Silnik (ECU) / ECM
Marelli 9DF CF6/EOBD Diesel Injection (2.3)
Kod ISO: 00 01 50 0B 14
Kod VIN: ?????????????????
Numer sprzętu: MJ9DFHW000 - Ver: 00
Numer oprogr.: 4L43A632 - Ver: 0032

Skrzynia / TCM/NCA/NCR (Automatic Transmission)
UNKNOWN/UNSUPPORTED
Kod ISO: 00 0B 50 5E 18
Numer sprzętu: CFC 448F.06 - Ver: 00
Numer oprogr.: FEA12FAV - Ver: 0000

Nadwozie (BCM) / BCM (Body Computer Module)
Body Computer Marelli (290)
Kod ISO: BF 83 8F 0D B3
Kod VIN: ZFA25000002G04029
Numer sprzętu: BC250I.0401 - Ver: 04
Numer oprogr.: 04440009206 - Ver: A407

ABS / ABS/BSM (Brake System Module)
Bosch ABS 9 ESP
Kod ISO: EC 07 AE 0D 83
Numer sprzętu: 0265956519 - Ver: 00
Numer oprogr.: 1267995691 - Ver: 0104

Scan result with yellow interface:

Wspomaganie (EPS)
SAGEM Power Steering
Kod ISO: 52 80 01 19 C1
Numer sprzętu: 0003895658 - Ver: E1
Numer oprogr.: 100 - Ver: 0205

SRS is not shown at all in both cases, does it mean that multiecuscan wont work with my car?

Do you have the latest version of MES? The lit of supported vehicles and modules on their site refers to the latest version. I recently had a similar issue, where my old MES showed unrecognised modules, despite them being listed on the website. Updating MES has solved this issue.

MES may be able to tell you when they added the airbag module, from which version.

Do you have the latest version of MES? The lit of supported vehicles and modules on their site refers to the latest version. I recently had a similar issue, where my old MES showed unrecognised modules, despite them being listed on the website. Updating MES has solved this issue.

MES may be able to tell you when they added the airbag module, from which version.
Very good point i hadn't concidered having a module later than the mes version.
as to sgw i suspect all twin egr models are free of sgw, the latest i have heard of is august 2019. I hope The owner will confirm with c of c when he returns from his travels.

Hi,

2021 2.3 140 Ducato motorhome..The photos show this small black box behind the glove compartment assembly on the left bulkhead.Is it the Secure Gateway? Any thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_20230728_161933006.jpg
    IMG_20230728_161933006.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 329
  • IMG_20230728_161025313.jpg
    IMG_20230728_161025313.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 315
  • IMG_20230728_155044628.jpg
    IMG_20230728_155044628.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 327
  • IMG_20230728_161843784.jpg
    IMG_20230728_161843784.jpg