General Ducato SGW

Currently reading:
General Ducato SGW

Occassionaly I see people ask, does my van have an SGW secure gate way? There is no catagorical evidence i have seen out there and having got almost no reponce to specific questions i searched a variety of fora and occassional forums for threads that included SGW and came up with the table bellow. This is data collected from owner statements. The main issue of veracity is based around the date, is it the year of manufacture or registration, motorhomes may be registered 6 to 18 months after manufacture. Also there is Regional variation eg the following 2 statements are french in origion:
SGW appeared on 24/02/2019 on Series 6 (Fiat code 6Y, nuovo ducato euro6d). 2.3 Adblu (the modification number 23582, changes the glove box drawer.) (In UK this model didn't surface until sept 19.)
Ducato (Series 7c, ducato FCA 2021), SGW is integrated to BCM

Ducato​
Peugeot​
Citroen​
year/reg plate​
SGW​
SGW in BCM​
Yes​
19​
No​
No​
Yes​
20​
Yes​
2.3 Adbu​
Yes​
21​
Yes​
Yes​
Yes​
21​
Yes​
Yes
Box behind glovebox​
Yes​
22​
No​
Yes​
71​
Yes​
Yes​
20​
No​
Yes​
21​
No​
Yes​
21​
No​
Yes​
21​
No​
Yes​
22​
Yes​
Yes​
Yes​

If you have any evidence/ knowledge to contrary please advise.

Last edited:
Hello,

I am currently on a very urgent (to me) research of the SGW real status of my Ducato. I shall come back to you with accurate information to help in the very valuable data table you published here.

May I kindly request the following clarification ?
For Ducato 2021 SGW columns say:
SGW in BCM= =yes & also SGW behind glove box == yes

Should I understand some vehicles have security split between the standalone box and BCU/ECU
OR
Should I understand that some have it in BCM and some in standalone ?
OR
There is a security procedure / key for ECU and another one for the BCM ?

Here are some explanations of what I experience:

I just dismantled the bord panel in my 2023 Ducato / Carado and found the standalone, I do not have the bootstrap connectors and I *have to* understand if bootstrapping the standalone SGW would work or not ...

For the moment, I do have (a very) temporary access to official SGW bypass tool and application but not form FIAT / MOPAR and thus have limited options. Cannot check my proxi alignement and cannot add car keys, but I can reset ECU erros etc. Actually, my tool says BCM is badly programmed and while I can reset e.g. missing bulb erros in BCM, I cannot not fully access it ...

Thank you very much,
roulemapoule

I just dismantled the bord panel in my 2023 Ducato / Carado and found the standalone, I do not have the bootstrap connectors and I *have to* understand if bootstrapping the standalone SGW would work or not?
I have the standalone SGW on my 2022 Fiat Ducato X290 Series 8 and using a bypass cable set and the various coloured additional cables allows access to almost everything using AlfaOBD which has the Series 8 information which MultiEcuScan does not.

I have the standalone SGW on my 2022 Fiat Ducato X290 Series 8 and using a bypass cable set and the various coloured additional cables allows access to almost everything using AlfaOBD which has the Series 8 information which MultiEcuScan does not.
Could you please indicate where is the standalone SGW on the 2022 x290 series 8 model? (I have one too). And which bypass are you using? Thanks!

Could you please indicate where is the standalone SGW on the 2022 x290 series 8 model? (I have one too). And which bypass are you using? Thanks!
Mines a RHD vehicle so if yours is a LHD it may be somewhere different.

It's on the LH side of the vehicle behind the glovebox. To access it you need to remove the glovebox completely and it's bolted to the back of the glovebox frame right over on the LH side.

This is the bypass I used: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/134150475620

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Back