Technical Security Gateway “SGW” Location Ducato 2020

Currently reading:
Technical Security Gateway “SGW” Location Ducato 2020

I looked up the codes on that box and it appears to be something to do with parking sensors? Definitely no mention of a SGW module. The plugs appear to be correct 8+12pin.

Ive found a similar parking sensor module on my 2022 Ducato. Same 8+12pin connectors plugged in to it. Do we assume this is the SGW module? I'm about to buy a SGW bypass cable, is it all safe to unplug the parking sensor module and connect a obd2 scanner? I read somewhere to disconnect the battery before unplugging the sgw module?

PXL_20240316_083943245~2.jpg
PXL_20240316_083943245.jpg

I looked up the codes on that box and it appears to be something to do with parking sensors? Definitely no mention of a SGW module. The plugs appear to be correct 8+12pin.

Ive found a similar parking sensor module on my 2022 Ducato. Same 8+12pin connectors plugged in to it. Do we assume this is the SGW module? I'm about to buy a SGW bypass cable, is it all safe to unplug the parking sensor module and connect a obd2 scanner? I read somewhere to disconnect the battery before unplugging the sgw module?

View attachment 440199
View attachment 440198
Where is this box located as I am not sure it’s correct. It definitely isn’t anything to do with parking sensors. If you unplug the incorrect thing you may throw up a code and not be able to clear it my SGW on a 22 ducato is behind the dash on the passenger side you can see it from the side panel

Just took the picture looking up behind brake/accelerator pedals. RHD aus delivered Ducato. Were should i be looking on the passenger side? What do you mean by see it from the side panel?

Just took the picture looking up behind brake/accelerator pedals. RHD aus delivered Ducato. Were should i be looking on the passenger side? What do you mean by see it from the side panel?
Difficult but if you drop your glove box down you should see it it’s help in place with two 10mm but you can just unplug the two cables, keep us posted

Attachments

• IMG_0368.png
    IMG_0368.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 24
Difficult but if you drop your glove box down you should see it it’s help in place with two 10mm but you can just unplug the two cables, keep us posted
You appear to have attached the image from the doblo 1.3 rhd guy above. That is a different vehicle. As i said before i googled the numbers from that image to find that was a parking sensor module. I then found the same module in my 2022 ducato, googled the numbers to find it was a parking sensor module too. Ive now removed the glove box to find another same dimensions box with the same 8+12plug googled the numbers again and found this one is for the automatic transmission. image attached. will keep looking

PXL_20240317_093118201.jpgPXL_20240317_093118201~2.jpg

You appear to have attached the image from the doblo 1.3 rhd guy above. That is a different vehicle. As i said before i googled the numbers from that image to find that was a parking sensor module. I then found the same module in my 2022 ducato, googled the numbers to find it was a parking sensor module too. Ive now removed the glove box to find another same dimensions box with the same 8+12plug googled the numbers again and found this one is for the automatic transmission. image attached. will keep looking

View attachment 440206View attachment 440205
Sorry you are right let me nip out side and take some pictures of my van and where it is but I think you are on the right tracks

Sorry you are right let me nip out side and take some pictures of my van and where it is but I think you are on the right tracks
Ok here we go a bit rubbish but I think you have the right thing and I am told the codes and numbers are to make you think you are looking at the wrong thing if I can get more pics I will but it’s a pain to strip down I have pointed to exactly where it is on mine I dropped the glove box down and found it took the two plugs off

Attachments

• IMG_1121.jpeg
    IMG_1121.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1120.jpeg
    IMG_1120.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1119.jpeg
    IMG_1119.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 11
Ok here we go a bit rubbish but I think you have the right thing and I am told the codes and numbers are to make you think you are looking at the wrong thing if I can get more pics I will but it’s a pain to strip down I have pointed to exactly where it is on mine I dropped the glove box down and found it took the two plugs off
On my 2022 Automatic Ducato in the location you have indicated I have this module but looking up the code it is either an automatic gearbox controller or a parking sensor module. Have you tried to bypass this?

IMG_202.jpg

Last edited:
It’s the papas cable with OBD adaptor on one end
Sorry but getting a bit lost here, do you mean you actually disconnected this module and then connected one of these SGW bypass cables with no problems. Did you then get access with MultiEcuScan?

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
Back