Technical Security Gateway “SGW” Location Ducato 2020

Currently reading:
Technical Security Gateway “SGW” Location Ducato 2020

rolopolo

Established member
Hi,
Anyone found the location of the elusive SGW module?
2020 Ducato,
Currently I’ve all the lower dash removed,
Cannot see anything resembling a module with the two connections of the SGW bypass cable

IMG_6458.jpeg

Apparently it should be behind this removed glove box 🤷🏼‍♂️ pic above

Ok, so the nice chap on the MES forum that informed me to “bypass the SGW” reckons I (the van) don’t have one fitted

So back to square 1 in my endeavour to “replace” my old for new DPF on the vans ecu

Guess it’s a trip to Fiat :(

It seems that SGW appeared on 24/02/2019 on Serie6 (Fiat code 6Y, nuovo ducato euro6d). Indeed the modification number 23582, changes the glove box drawer.
On new Ducato (Series 7c, ducato FCA 2021), It is possible that the SGW is integrated to BCM

Last edited:
Ok, so the nice chap on the MES forum that informed me to “bypass the SGW” reckons I (the van) don’t have one fitted

So back to square 1 in my endeavour to “replace” my old for new DPF on the vans ecu

Guess it’s a trip to Fiat :(
how did you get on with all this as I am just in the process of buying well have bought theAlfaOBD software with a bunch of OBD cables and an SGW bypass so I can code my newly purchased LED daytime running lights so its going to be interesting as my van is an Adria van based camper 22 plate, so if anyone has done this or knows their stuff please shout

how did you get on with all this as I am just in the process of buying well have bought theAlfaOBD software with a bunch of OBD cables and an SGW bypass so I can code my newly purchased LED daytime running lights so its going to be interesting as my van is an Adria van based camper 22 plate, so if anyone has done this or knows their stuff please shout

Hi, I never got round the issue, my mechanic just said to leave it, fiat only I betas mine apparently has sgw build into Ecu so non bypassable, I’ve done 20,000 miles since the dpf was cleaned and she runs sweet, my only guess is it’s regenerating sooner than it should but can only be a good thing,

Diag will not communicate after egr valve fitted. Old one seized. Van running fine light still on and codes still showing. Won't reset. No communication.
Through the wonders of Google sgw module fitted from 2017.

Yes you are correct and it does but it won't let me tell it it has a new one.

Ok well it could be anywhere
Mine is a Ducato and it’s behind the passenger dash and a pain
Some are behind the BCM some are behind the clocks and then seen some on the kick panels
Just a small black or red box with 12 wires in two block connectors. Can be more help I am afraid

Back