General Removing Vinyl

Currently reading:
General Removing Vinyl

Basically I have just bought the car 2nd hand, and on the boot lid the original dealer has put a sticker/vinyl with thier name & logo on

Was just wondering if there is any good way to get it off without wrecking the paintwork?

I would, except its been on there for over 3 years (its the dealership that the 1st owner bought the car from) and they've gone bust (n)

That's ridiculous, the 1st owner could put up with that?

But tbh if I was you I would have said to the person/garage you bought if off that you weren't buying it until that was removed. Who knows, it may be covering a massive scratch (Pessimistic I know but that's the way my mind works when I buy a car.)

Depending on what colour your car is as well I hope it doesn't have 'tan lines' as such where the paint has faded around the sticker and the stickered area ends up looking odd because the colour is different because it's never been exposed to any sun.

I agree, I cant see how the 1st owner left it there either

As to the tan lines, the car is like metallic orange (don't know the proper colour name), but it probably will be quite bad seeing as each letter is kind of individual and then the dealer name as a word is shaped into a car with each individual bit of the vinyl if you see what i mean...

as previous posts said, warm it up with a hairdryer & peel off carefully, then use some wd40 or meths on a rag to clean off any residue. if you see a difference, good old t-cut & polish should sort it out.

As previously mentioned, use a hair dryer to warm the vinyl. Scrape the sticker off with a soft plastic tool and then use Tar&Glue to get rid of the gunge.

Back