General Random flashing indicator lights

Currently reading:
General Random flashing indicator lights

dynacam

2007 Ducato when locked has started to randomly flash it's indicator lights, so far it only seems to happen a night, there is nobody by the vehicle so I am left wondering what would cause this?

No alarm just use the remote to lock/unlock
Any possibility of a neighbour having a remote with same code? I recall being at a busy Carters Beach, Westport campground many years ago when the doors on our rented Transit based campervan suddenly locked. We unlocked with remote, and they locked again. Decided that there was a shared code, and did not repeat, and advertise the fact.

Any possibility of a neighbour having a remote with same code? I recall being at a busy Carters Beach, Westport campground many years ago when the doors on our rented Transit based campervan suddenly locked. We unlocked with remote, and they locked again. Decided that there was a shared code, and did not repeat, and advertise the fact.

Is the vehicle a motorhome or campervan? If so does it still exhibit the problem when away from home?

I am wondering whether something in the vehicle has changed, or is somthing external to the vehicle, perhaps an airport radar, causing the problem.

As the problem is not confined to one geographical location, it seems sensible to exclude external influences.
While I doubt that they are the cause, the x250 model suffers from at least two electrical problems which are worth checking and eliminating.

1. Engine block earth strap. This can suffer from internal corrosion, and cause many problems. If not already done, worth changing.

2. Commonly called "rusty junction" below the LH headlemp, where a section of the wiring harness rube against a tubular frame member, paint rubs off, and rust rubs through wire insulation. Needs headlamp unit removed for investigation. Forum member @Reg 65 has more knowledge of this potential problem.

As the problem is not confined to one geographical location, it seems sensible to exclude external influences.
While I doubt that they are the cause, the x250 model suffers from at least two electrical problems which are worth checking and eliminating.

1. Engine block earth strap. This can suffer from internal corrosion, and cause many problems. If not already done, worth changing.

2. Commonly called "rusty junction" below the LH headlemp, where a section of the wiring harness rube against a tubular frame member, paint rubs off, and rust rubs through wire insulation. Needs headlamp unit removed for investigation. Forum member @Reg 65 has more knowledge of this potential problem.
Always worth to check those, as it's a common problem with the Ducatos. But I think it would generate also other symptoms.

In the same idea, but more precise: it would be good to check which module is responsible for the indicators (probably body). And check it and its loom for potential condensation (=rust) inside + its connectors. Plus of course the fuse boxes (with relays) in the engine compartment + in the cab.

Last edited:
Always worth to check those, as it's a common problem with the Ducatos. But I think it would generate also other symptoms.

But in the same idea, but more precise: it would be good to check which module is responsible for the indicators (probably body). And check it and its loom for potential condensation (=rust) inside + its connectors. Plus of course the fuse boxes (with relays) in the engine compartment + in the cab.
Yes that was my thought also. As BCM is located in the cab, perhaps less vulnerable to moisture than the engine computer., but then some locations in NZ can be more than a little damp.

@dynacam ,

I can confirm, as suggested above, that the indicators are controlled by the Body Control Module.

The most comprehensive available source of information for your x250 model is Fiat eLearn, available in the Downloads section of this forum.
However it is a large file with a .rar format, and needs unzipping before use. Also you have to learn how to drive it.

A more basic alternative is the x250 Training Manual, which is a pdf file. In fact there are two filese, with the shorter one being an addition covering the 3 litre engine, In the longer file the BCM section starts at page 124.

2007 is the pre-lifting model of the x250, no idea if the eLearn from the forum covers this model :( Or covers only the post-lifting (2011+) models. Or both. I can't check it now, I'm not at home.

The one available on the forum requires installation on a PC. It also requires mounting the image file to a virtual CD drive (I'm using ultra iso to do it).

In fact there are two of them, but it's the same destination file. One is a single zip, the other has 6 parts.

I can see there is also a x244 eLearn. It can be that it also could be useful. I am 100% sure that all the electronics / wiring of the x250 changed in the 2011 face-lifting. And I know that at least a huge part of the post-lifting x250 was adopted in the pre-lifing x290.

There is a chance that the pre-lifting x250 electronics come in a part from x244...

Italians... :D

I think that the x250 eLearn available on forum relates to the x250 as introduced in 2006and I suspect that there were no subsequent editions.

The x250 was a step change from the x244, as the latter does not have a canbus, however many of the fuse designationd are identical.

I suggest that this turn of discussion is not applicable to the OP,s problem, and should not be continued.

Back