Technical Ducato motor random misfire

Currently reading:
Technical Ducato motor random misfire

Dieseldogpaul

Hi everyone . Have a 2014 Ducato motor home , which has developed intermittent issue . The engine fault light illuminated suddenly and developed a misfire and consequent loss is power. Pulled up and check which cylinder was misfiring by disconnecting injection harness plugs individually but was unable to detect an issue. Switched engine off the restarted and the misfire had disappeared . Found a workshop that was able to read the codes
The following
P2299 coherence between accelerator and brake pedal
P0621 possible alternator charge issue
P068A battery detachment
PO685 main relay
PO 271 injector 4
PO 202 injector 2
The injector codes probably induced by removing whilst running but seems strange on 2 and 4 cylinders faulted when all were individually removed whilst running
Battery voltage was checked and charge rate was ok.
Codes were cleared and recorded incase future event occurred.
Vehicle ran fine but with just an intermittent surge under high load for several hundred km Then again check engine light illuminated
Low power and misfire. This time cylinder 4 was not operational when harness disconnected.
Switched off engine restarted misfire gone cylinder 4 fully functional.
Anyone out there had a similar issue.

Hi everyone . Have a 2014 Ducato motor home , which has developed intermittent issue . The engine fault light illuminated suddenly and developed a misfire and consequent loss is power. Pulled up and check which cylinder was misfiring by disconnecting injection harness plugs individually but was unable to detect an issue. Switched engine off the restarted and the misfire had disappeared . Found a workshop that was able to read the codes
The following
P2299 coherence between accelerator and brake pedal
P0621 possible alternator charge issue
P068A battery detachment
PO685 main relay
PO 271 injector 4
PO 202 injector 2
The injector codes probably induced by removing whilst running but seems strange on 2 and 4 cylinders faulted when all were individually removed whilst running
Battery voltage was checked and charge rate was ok.
Codes were cleared and recorded incase future event occurred.
Vehicle ran fine but with just an intermittent surge under high load for several hundred km Then again check engine light illuminated
Low power and misfire. This time cylinder 4 was not operational when harness disconnected.
Switched off engine restarted misfire gone cylinder 4 fully functional.
Anyone out there had a similar issue.
Others may be able to advise you better, however.
Is it possible you had foot on accelerator and brake at the same time at some point, modern vehicles don't like it.
The next three codes may want a bit more checking re electrical plugs etc. Possibly an auto electrician
As you say removing injector plugs with engine running does give error code.
Re the general running issue, if the fuel filter hasn't been changed recently I would do that and carefully inspect the contents for water etc. as that can give an intermittent hesitation without codes in some cases.:)

Others may be able to advise you better, however.
Is it possible you had foot on accelerator and brake at the same time at some point, modern vehicles don't like it.
The next three codes may want a bit more checking re electrical plugs etc. Possibly an auto electrician
As you say removing injector plugs with engine running does give error code.
Re the general running issue, if the fuel filter hasn't been changed recently I would do that and carefully inspect the contents for water etc. as that can give an intermittent hesitation without codes in some cases.:)
Vehicle had full service with fuel filter changed. No contaminants found in previous fuel filter. The re are times when the topography means you need to moderate brake and throttle so I understand this issue with that code occurring . The misfire has occurred twice in the last 500 km once on a slight road incline with 1/2 throttle at 90kph and the next time was greater incline with similar throttle position at 60 kph . Once I switch engine off and restart the misfire dissapears . No smoke ,fuel consumption reasonable .

Vehicle had full service with fuel filter changed. No contaminants found in previous fuel filter. The re are times when the topography means you need to moderate brake and throttle so I understand this issue with that code occurring . The misfire has occurred twice in the last 500 km once on a slight road incline with 1/2 throttle at 90kph and the next time was greater incline with similar throttle position at 60 kph . Once I switch engine off and restart the misfire dissapears . No smoke ,fuel consumption reasonable .
I am not sure but seem to recall something about injector wiring loom faults/breaks and replacement loom sections. It may be possible with engine idling to gentle wriggle the wiring loom near the injectors to see if it causes a hesitation.
At least if it comes and goes it should rule out any thing major mechanically:).
It may be an idea to invest in a MultiEcuScan that many on here use as you may be able to read live data when the fault occurs.

Back