General 2009 Ducato x250, indicator, lights, central locking , wipers all strange intermittent problems

Currently reading:
General 2009 Ducato x250, indicator, lights, central locking , wipers all strange intermittent problems

mark Halligan

Hi everyone, just bought a 2009 ducato x250 motorhome. I have a list of problem and wonder can anyone out there help with. So here it goes.
When driving the high beam will intermittently flash. the right indicator will be on most of the time unless i turn on the left one. the wiper or washers don't work, the blower fan will keep running slowly even with switch off, remote central locking not working but indicator do flash when pressing the key button. Also when key out of ignition i can hear something clicking intermittley under passenger side feet area. Has anyone out there every had these type of problems or any ideas what might be going on?

Hello,

The x250 is known for earthing problems. And water ingress into the electronic modules (and not only) from the crappy water evacuation system from the windshield. The problem is widely discussed on all FIAT / Ducato / motorhome forums...

The earth cables not only have bad contacts, but also tend to rot inside :(

You've got here the list of all the service news related to the problems with the electronic systems:

And the earths' locations:

To be sure the links will be more relevant you can choose the engine you've got on the left panel. The first link lists also diesel engines. And the earths are 100% same.

I'd also suggest buying MultiEcuScan and the proper interface. It will become your best friend very quickly.

Back