Phones F**ked

Currently reading:
Phones F**ked

Shouldn't get a bad credit rating, just don't use the sim if you do cancel the direct debit, they can't say you didn't pay for something you used then!

I see your doing what I done at 16, was a pain cos mum always had to be there when I wanted something doing of to upgrade. Now 18 so got a new contract in my own name:).

oh well it's worth a try, at least i have an idea of what to say, cheers!

and vodafone are usually alright, i just explain and they don't ask for her

They're really taking the p*ss out of me now!!

they reckon it will be there tuesday, tuesday!!! it was aggreed i'd get a new one on the 27th of december so WTF? why did it even take that long? 6 weeks without a phone :mad:

i'm going to go down and tell them what i think

wen i moved out of my folks 4 months back i found in my room a motorola mr201, nokia 5510 with busted screen (left out in the freezing cold and screen smashed when it got warm) nokia 6110, nokia 3310, nokia 7650, nokia 6680 (which im using as I cant make calls on my N80 as ear peice buggered). It was mobile grave yard. The mr201 is from about 1997 and if the battery was flat you could put i think 6 AA batteries in there for it to work!

5110 was a cool phone, best phone i have had. Mine is branded 401 as its on orange.

My folks still have somewhere a motorola MR1- that takes a whole sim card without snapping it out the middle! (and isnt GSM as its from about '93)

right, theyve gave me a phone to use, nokia 1100, nice little phone, simple.

if only it worked, the microphone doesn't work, i have to use the hands free.

it comes up insert sim randomly, usually in the middle of calls, or after you have sent/received a text, if after receiving it sends that same text to you 5+ times.

it's only added salt to the wound lol

Saw this few years back on web (still had it bookmarked!)

EVER TRIED TO CANCEL A CONTRACT AGREEMENT? NO.....WELL GOOD ****ING LUCK WHEN YOU DO.

MY RECENT EXPERIENCE;

THE TELEPHONE CONVERSATION STARTS AFTER GOIN THROUGH VARIOUS AUTOMATED SWITCHBOARDS THEN GIVING MY NAME,ADDRESS,PETS NAME,POST CODE,SOCK COLOUR,AGE,RELIGION,WHEN I LAST HAD SEX,HOUSE PHONE NUMBER,MOBILE PHONE NUMBER AN MY SECRET PASSWORD.....WHICH I NEVER DID HAVE,WHICH MADE IT SO SECRET THAT THEY DIDNT BELIEVE I WAS WHO I SAID I WAS(I WAS BEGINNING TO DOUBT WHO I WAS BY THIS TIME)DESPITE GIVING THEM ALL THE ABOVE INFO"!!!!

"HI IS THAT SINGLEPOINT/VODAPHONE I'D LIKE TO TERMINATE MY CONTRACT AS IT HAS BEEN 12 WEEKS"
"OH WHY IS THAT SIR"
"I WANT TO"!!!
"BUT WE OFFER THE BEST DEALS"
"SURE YOU DO BUT I WANT TO CANCEL"
"WHY SIR"
"HAVEN'T WE BEEN HERE BEFORE? OK LISTEN CAREFUL I WANT TO CANCEL,OK"?
"YOU HAVE TO GIVE US 4 WEEKS NOTICE IN WRITING"
"I ALREADY HAVE"
"OH WHEN WAS THAT"
"6 WEEKS AGO"
"OH....."
"DO YOU HAVE MY RECORDS IN FRONT OF YOU ON YOUR COMPUTER SCREEN"
"I CERTAINLEY DO SIR"
"AND WHAT WAS MY LAST PHONE BILL"
"ER........6 PENCE SIR"
"CORRECT AND THE ONE BEFORE THAT?"
"ER.......13 PENCE SIR"
"YOUR DOING WELL,NOW WHAT IS MY MONTHLY CONTRACT FEE"?
"THAT WOULD BE £30.00 SIR"
"NOW DO YOU SEE WHY I WANT TO CANCEL"?
"YOU DONT USE YOUR PHONE MUCH DO YOU SIR"
"YOUR TALENTS ARE WASTED MY BOY,YOU SHOULD BE PROMOTED AS SOON AS INHUMANELY POSSIBLE"
"WOULD YOU LIKE A DIFFERENT CONTRACT,£15.00 MONTH AND 100 FREE OFF PEAK CALLS"
"AND WHO WILL I CALL WITH THOSE 100 FREE CALLS"?
"FRIENDS AND FAMILY"
"DOUBT IF THEY WILL BE MY FRIENDS AND FAMILY IF I KEEP PHONING THEM UP AT 4.A.M. DO YOU"
"SO YOU WANT TO CANCEL"
"WHAT A GREAT IDEA,YES.NOW CAN I HAVE MY PAC CODE NUMBER SO I CAN GO TO A DIFFERENT NETWORK"
"THERE WILL BE A £20.00 CHARGE"
"FOR WHAT?"
"YOUR PAC CODE NUMBER"
"BUT WHEN I SPOKE TO ANOTHER ADVISOR HE SAID IT WAS FREE EVEN IF I GO TO ANOTHER NETWORK"?
"HE WAS WRONG"
"HOW DO I KNOW YOUR NOT WRONG"?
"BECAUSE I'M THE MANAGER"
"BUT HE SAID HE WAS THE MANAGER"?
"MMMMM WAS IT ME YOU SPOKE TO BEFORE"?
"NO"?
"ARE YOU SURE"
"CERTAIN"
"HOW CAN YOU BE SURE"
"HE WAS A MAN,YOUR A WOMAN"
"YOU STILL HAVE TO PAY £20 AS YOU REQUESTED THE PAC CODE"
"I NEVER REQUESTED ANYTHING,THE LAST 'MANAGER' I SPOKE TO SAID I HAD TO HAVE IT TO CHANGE NETWORK"
"IF YOU DONT PAY IT WE WILL CALL IN DEBT COLLECTORS"
"FOR £20.00"?
"YES"
"I'LL FIGHT YOU IN COURT & MAKE YOU LOOK VERY STUPID"
"HOW WILL YOU DO THAT"
"BECAUSE NO DEBT COLLECTOR WILL TRAVEL 24 MILES FROM XXXXXXX TO COLLECT £2.00 A WEEK WHEN IT WILL COST THEM AT LEAST £4.00 IN FUEL"
"MMMM WELL IT WILL AFFECT YOUR CREDIT RATING"
"THINK I'LL STILL MANAGE TO SLEEP AT NIGHTS"!
"DO YOU WANT TO HOLD WHILE I SPEAK TO THE MANAGER"
"HOW MANY MANAGERS HAVE YOU GOT BESIDE YOURSELF"?
".........................PLEASE HOLD"

"HELLO SIR STILL THERE"
".....JUST"
"ITS OK YOU DONT HAVE TO PAY THE £20.00 ASLONG AS YOU STAY WITH VODAPHONE"
"BUT I DONT WANT TO"
"YOU HAVE TO"
"TELL YOU WHAT WHY DONT I BUY A SIM CARD OFF EBAY FOR £1.00,STICK IT IN MY PHONE ,ASK ORANGE TO GIVE ME A PAY AS YOU GO PHONE NUMBER AND TELL YOU WHERE TO STICK YOUR £20.00"
"YES YOU COULD DO THAT SIR BUT WE HAVE THE BEST OFFERS"
"AND YOU ARE ALSO THE BEST WITH INCORRECT USELESS INFORMATION"
"THATS RIGHT SIR,WOULD YOU LIKE ME TO RUN YOU THROUGH TODAYS TOP OFFERS"?
"I HAVE A BETTER IDEA"
"WHATS THAT SIR"
"STICK IT UP YOUR ****ING ARSE"!

5 F*CKING WEEKS LATER!!!

OH LOOK A LETTER I WONDER WHO IT'S FROM? AHHHH IS FROM MY OLD BUDDIES AT SINGLEPOINT & THEY
ARE WANTING £7.99 FROM ME FOR SOME UNKNOWN REASON,AIN'T SPOKEN TO THEM FOR WEEKS,I WONDER
HOW THEY ARE GETTING ON?
"HELLO SINGLEPOINT I HAVE A BILL HERE FOR £7.99 CAN YOU TELL ME WHY ESPECIALLY AFTER ONE OF
YOUR MANAGERS,DON'T KNOW IF IT WAS A REAL ONE OR NOT,SAID I WILL NEVER RECIEVE ANY LETTERS OR
PHONE CALLS FROM YOU AGAIN"?
"YES THATS FOR CALLS USED SINCE YOU CANCELLED YOUR CONTRACT"
"BUT I HAVEN'T MADE ANY CALLS I SWITCHED TO THE MORE EFFICENT & FRIENDLY ORANGE NETWORK"
"SO YOU HAVENT MADE ANY CALLS IN THE LAST MONTH"
"OH YES LOADS"
"THEN YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR THEM"
"BUT NOT ON VODAPHONE NETWORK,ON ORANGE"
"OH WELL YOU STILL HAVE TO PAY"
"WOULD YOU LIKE TO TAKE ME TO COURT OVER £7.99 THEN I CAN EXPOSE HOW CRAP YOUR ORGANISATION
IS & HOW PATHETIC YOUR CUSTOMER RELATIONS ARE,BARGAIN AT £7.99 WOULDNT YOU AGREE"?
"I'LL CREDIT YOUR ACCOUNT £7.99 THEN"
"DO WHAT YOU WANT YOU AIN'T GETTING ANY MONEY OUT OF ME & MY ACCOUNT IS CLOSED BY THE WAY"
"NO I AM CREDITING YOUR ACCOUNT SO YOU DONT HAVE TO PAY"
"DO WHAT YOU WANT I REALLY DONT CARE"
"WE ARE ONLY TRYING TO HELP"
"YES SURE YOU ARE,ANYWAY MUST DASH AS GOT A LIFE TO LIVE,SPEAK SOON BYE FOR NOW"!

right they have well and truely p*ssed me off now!

got my phone, no memory card, no box, nothing.

it's silver on the front with the 'Orange' network logo on it, it's black on the back with my old orange battery cover (which always falls off)

it used to be black on the front and orange on the back.

it looks ridiculous. they've had it over 7 weeks now i think, after 4 weeks they said i would get a new phone! now they give me this joke.

i know i shouldn't have accepted it but i was in a hurry!

im going back after i've received some wise words tonight.

Take it back, say its not your phone your returned, nor is it a new one, and bits are missing and your not happy. As I and others have said, tell them to sort it, or you cancel your contract.

A good thing to do is go about 30 min before they close (friday is good because they want to go home for the weekend) and refuse to leave the store until its done. They can't forcefully remove you (or you can them do them for assult), and they can only call the police. and they'll leave this to very last resort, and normally sort your problem for you as its easier for them.

I'd just cancel it there and then tbh. I did the same on T-Mobile for much less than them returning a knackered phone. (They overcharged me by £13 and refused to refund it) In the end it took me a month of negotiatons and speaking to managers but I eventually got them to cancel it. Its the princible more than the money I wonder how many other people the overcharge :chin: :p. Just go into the shop with a set of brass balls and don't back down.

As suggested go in just before closing as there alot less likely to f*** you around.

cheers! i'm going in soon, it's just annoying how, it's still broke, 3 different colours, and the back that was always broke and a complete mis match to the phone is there, it looks an eyesore!

i even mentioned the back to him and he suggested going somewhere else to buy 1.:mad:

i'll ask about cancelling the contract but i can't be doing with the hassle TBH, i'd be happy with a phone, i'll try for a better one for the p*ss taking.

cheers! i'm going in soon, it's just annoying how, it's still broke, 3 different colours, and the back that was always broke and a complete mis match to the phone is there, it looks an eyesore!

i even mentioned the back to him and he suggested going somewhere else to buy 1.:mad:

i'll ask about cancelling the contract but i can't be doing with the hassle TBH, i'd be happy with a phone, i'll try for a better one for the p*ss taking.

Yep thats the very least you should do. ITs THEIR f*** up not yours so why should you have to be out of pocket and pay for a handset to use on THEIR network?. Your very very patient I'd already be in court as I would had shat on the manager and burned the shop down by now :devil:.

Yep thats the very least you should do. ITs THEIR f*** up not yours so why should you have to be out of pocket and pay for a handset to use on THEIR network?. Your very very patient I'd already be in court as I would had shat on the manager and burned the shop down by now :devil:.

well i'm going soon, i'll try and get a nice new phone, better than mine.

if not i'll cancel the contract :D

right, they've ordered a new phone from sony same as mine.

i mentioned the card, he told me to come back and speak to the bloke that took the phone in, f**k that they'll give me a new one.

when i asked the bloke if it would be a new one his response was "probably" :bang:

they aren't getting this clown phone back either im giving it to my dad.

i want more than a tenner to spend in the shop too

i even asked the bloke if he would have accepted that phone, he laughed and said not a chance.

right, they've ordered a new phone from sony same as mine.

i mentioned the card, he told me to come back and speak to the bloke that took the phone in, f**k that they'll give me a new one.

when i asked the bloke if it would be a new one his response was "probably" :bang:

they aren't getting this clown phone back either im giving it to my dad.

i want more than a tenner to spend in the shop too

i even asked the bloke if he would have accepted that phone, he laughed and said not a chance.

Glad your getting somewhere (y).

Back