Paul's new wheels

Currently reading:
Paul's new wheels

Right, we cleaned the car loads on saturday including shampooing all of the inside etc. - ran it a little more.

Sadly had to come back to Manc for uni on monday (6am!) so was limited by that. My grandpa got the haynes today so will start a bit of fiddling and a basic service. I left with the fan still on always and the engine management light on but it runs perfectly still. Since the fan is on, hopefully first thing to look at will be the sensor for that, maybe that also provides the ECU with a temp reading and hence might be a reason for engine management light etc. etc. Not looked at the circuit diags yet (need to get a Haynes too). Won't be home for a while though due to uni :( My grandpa is good at it though :).

I like it an awful lot and made it look so nice with cleaning it, just a shame I couldn't get involved with making the mechanics right though :( I have 3 months or so before I want it.

Helz said:
It should have central locking already Paul - or do you mean remote locking? You can get a whole alarm for the same price as remote locking :)

Meant remote locking, I don't want any weird alarm that will go wrong, I want the proper Fiat remote relay to be honest, I like my things to be "as they should be" and don't like too many unusual things. E.g. Wish I could have the normal radio and CD changer/single CD system rather than a posh aftermarket one!

The Negotiator said:
Wish I could have the normal radio and CD changer/single CD system rather than a posh aftermarket one!
I think sammiboo might have an original Bravo stereo available...
H

They go for nothing on ebay but the cd changers are really costly :( So will have to be a low key aftermarket player.

CDs are so last year (or the year before)! Can you not install a standard one, then use the CD connections to connect your MP3 player to?
H

Call me old fashioned by I prefer CDs in the car, I have never liked using any of my MP3 players in a car, I find it too clumsy.

sammiboo said:
H has a cd player in his car :chin: and the coupe, and he had an autochanger in the primera ;)
Coupe has a lead for MP3 player, but due to inaccessible ashtray, charger for MP3 player doesn't fit. Primera was never car I was going to do anything with. Panda needs a Dension IceLink to make it work - as I don't currently have a pot to **** in, let alone a spare £99, it will have to wait.
Besides, I always listen to the radio anyway - only used CD player in the Panda once to check it worked :rolleyes:
h

Just put the letters together to send to the 2 previous owners (both in Manchester!) - Just says that I am trying to track down the red key and any spare keys and will offer £30 for the red and £15 for any blue keys, reasonable I think?

Will be funny if they try to go to the address I have given them to pick up a brava with their keys ;) (It's not at the address I gave to them). However, I thought it would be a funnily stupid thing to do if I did give them the address, it's like putting your address on your keys!

Well my grandpa filled it up with some petrol and it stopped running for a few days! I was scared he put in diesel by accident (drives a diesel and has done for about 20 years +).

Turns out it wasn't that but he had knocked off the temp sensor plug which must have been lose when he was cleaning the engine. Now fan is off etc. and he is going to reset the ECU tomorrow and see if the engine management light goes off now that's plugged in properly.

So can now stop worrying, order the back box + silencer (the silencer is fine but everybody sells the set and not the individual unit, grr) etc. etc.

Im gathering you are after marea handles for your car? Saw you post you was looking for them in another thread.

Considering, nothing more yet. My handles are fine but I know they won't be for long according to what everybody says about them?

Back