Paul's new wheels

Currently reading:
Paul's new wheels

:) Some snags though, inc. no red key and an engine management light lit up (runs amazingly though!!??! Will try the basic things first before asking for advice here).

Scrape/scratc/dent thing on the rear nearside ring, will fix (guessing £200) if the car is good enough.

No sunroof (hmmm, good? won't leak! but no AC to replace it so weird)

needs CD player - fine, already got the fascia in!

General condition VERY good! Definitely 39k, new discs/drums etc. oil recent enough so looks like it has been looked after. 3/4 alloys practiclaly perfect, 1 slightly scuffed but nothing more than a normal 4.5 year old car. Really like it now :D

Only hope the light will be easily fixed (last taxed 5 months ago so hopefully that's the cause of the light on?!)

Gtg but thanks for the comments guys :) Been driving the megane today and wow, so many gadgets and lots of power (60mph = 1600rpm in 6th) but I was constantly worried about damaging it (plus my dad can see my avg. consumption so can't boot it!)

The Negotiator said:
Only hope the light will be easily fixed (last taxed 5 months ago so hopefully that's the cause of the light on?!)
How the hell do you work that one out? :confused:
Car looks good though. Don't worry about no sunroof or AC - people managed for years without them! :p
H

Well what I meant was that it probably sat somewhere for 5 months and that can't have helped the hole management light on. I love the wheels WR, proper Fiat :) No locking nuts I don't think either which is good :)

Cheers everyone, compliments easier when you buy Italian ;)

It's safe and sound for tonight at my Grandpas.

is that lip spoiler standard on all of them or not?

Steve: i am already planning on following up the previous owners (there are 2, both in Manchester).

I won't show you the scrape, it looks horrid :(

Sounds like an non-parallel import with no sunroof or air conditioning on the 80SX.

Not that it matters on a 5-year old car (y)

Might be right JTD monkey, going over to clean and inspect it a bit today, probably know whether it is worth keeping then.

Right now, only known things are:

Engine management light
Backbox (functioning but worn on the right side)
Scrape (not important just yet)
CD player (not important just yet!)
Get the blue key cloned
Add central locking
Oil + filter change (oil looks good though!)
Cambelt soon enough
+ any additional problems which come on the way

Everything else is good - newish discs, very new looking drums

At least at the end of it, I end up with a 4.5 year old car fully running with 40k on the clock!

The fan is always on, which I guess is a faulty switch etc. etc. so I assume the problem with the engine management system maybe related to that. Annoyingly I will be leaving Nottm tomorrow :(

The Negotiator said:
The fan is always on, which I guess is a faulty switch etc. etc. so I assume the problem with the engine management system maybe related to that. Annoyingly I will be leaving Nottm tomorrow :(

This will be worth investigation.

There is a chance the switch is bust and somebody has bye-passed the switch so the fan stays on all the time. My mate had a company Astra with the same problem, and how did he discover the fan didn't work? Well, it overheated in traffic a few times and the same may be true of your Brava. The head gasket may be weakened...

yeah, my grandpa knows what he is doing at least :) We have 3 months+ and free (though amateur!) labour so will get it sorted or get rid :)

As I say though, it runs sweeter than any car I have heard (at the moment at least) - it also performed fine in the carpark at the auction (thankfully so did the brakes). I wouldn't know anything was up if it wasn't for the light.

*excited about going to see it again ;)*

Oh and does anybody know how much I should expect to pay for the blue key to be cloned to another blue key?

It's circa £175 to get the codeman to sort out the ECU properly so that's still not the end of the world.

Back