General Panda Cross on the way

Currently reading:
General Panda Cross on the way

Doesn't it ride slightly higher than the regular 4x4? That might make a difference to the damping?

I think the ride height is gained from the wheel/tyre spec. I'm very sceptical about the notion that the Cross has different suspension details, perhaps there's been an in-production change to the dampers.

I think the ride height is gained from the wheel/tyre spec. I'm very sceptical about the notion that the Cross has different suspension details, perhaps there's been an in-production change to the dampers.

I guess we'll have to wait for the tech spec in the brochures or something - so give it a year or so for those to materialise ;)

Yes you're right there I reckon, the tyres are taller so that's where the extra ride height comes from.
As for the suspension, Fiat have seen fit to increase the power output on both petrol and diesel versions of the cross over the other models in Panda range so anything is possible I'd say.
Be interesting to find out if the part numbers are different for regular 4x4 and cross.

I saw a red one of these driving through Chipping Campden in Gloucestershire yesterday on a 64 plate, I didn't realise that they were out yet?

Only a fleeting glimpse but it was definitely a cross and very cool.....

Here's the pics and a short video of the hill descent control http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYuWi3Zy_yc
Really, you need to try HDC on an offroad slippery hill, somewhere you couldn't use the brakes for fear of locking all 4 wheels, such as a steep grassy slope and sliding down - then the ABS won't help you. On the road I doubt it gains much over engine braking or using the brake pedal, but off road it can brake one wheel at a time, automatically shifting around for the one with best grip.

Popped into the local dealer yesterday and they had the new Cross out the back getting prepared. They were more than happy for me to have a look but according to them it won't be launched until next week. ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1412750046.547317.jpg
It looks better in Yellow than I was expecting but still not the colour for me!

Had a test drive in a yellow cross twin air today. Drive very well, dash worked for me I liked it. Not so sure on yellow tho. They have a grey one coming in next week will be interesting to see how that looks.
£1400 dealer contribution when taking pcp also.

The local dealer has one in, £17,500 for a Panda! Think you'll need that contribution plus a case of smelling salts. Will be taking a look next week when mine goes in for a few issues looking at.

Sounds good but again it's just talking about police there. Are we still sure British cycling etc can qualify? My dealer says not.

Back