General Panda Cross on the way

Currently reading:
General Panda Cross on the way

I'd be interested to see what the Jeep Renegade and the Fiat equivalent are like.

I used to have a Jeep when I lived in Texas and still have a bit of a soft spot for the brand even though for years they have had some issues.

I'm so pissed off with the state of our roads here.

I took my car out today and hit one doozy (told you I lived in Texas) of a pothole causing minor damage to an alloy wheel.

Maybe I'll need to go the crossover/SUV route in the future in order to stand a chance on our crap roads.

You've reminded me of a car magazine article I saw recently in France. They tested safety of SUV cars. In the segment the panda was in, it came last, but on the next page,in the segment with the duster, that came last with worse scores than the Fiat!

Any one speak French? I took a photo of the page, I'll put it up if anyone wants?

Yes pls!

I must have deleted some of the pages. My phone was getting full up so had to make space. Still I have these pics

Interesting to see that in France the trekking is only €200 less than the 4x4, but it's a pop4x4. I've no idea what you get on that or what spec the Trekking is?

Maybe it's exactly what you'd think , a Panda pop with 4x4 drive train?

Edit:
Just took a gander at the French web site, and yes, you can get a basic level Panda 4x4, the Pop. The UK level (which if you didn't know is "climbing") is called Rock in France and is €16,290 in twinair form.

Last edited:
Any word on these yet? Haven't heard a peep since February.

Must say I rather fancy a lime green one…….

auid5e.jpg

I also asked my local dealer and he said he had no idea when Fiat were going to launch the Panda Cross in the UK. He also thought there was a possibility that the 500X would be launched before the Panda Cross.

My dealer said September - but he was pretty clueless about everything else, so this may just be bull****.

That's what I thought, but he seemed pretty confident.

Mind you, he was also 100% confident that a Multijet 4x4 has a 6 speed box...

I wouldn't be surprised, the number of Panda 4x4s on North Yorkshire roads seem to be growing exponentially.

Even in the calmer-terrain of the South I see a Panda 4x4 to about every 2 regular ones. At one point it was a 4x4 to every 1 of the standard Panda.

The old model seemed to sell in bigger numbers than the new one when it came to standard models, but you might only see a previous gen. 4x4 to every 30 of the standard older models (2004-2011).

Financially Fiat must be doing better with this new model as the expensive variants that seem to be doing just as well as the cheap ones, whereas before it was a sea of the cheaper Active & Dynamic models.

I think my only serious gripe with my 4x4 is the fact you can't order it without roof bars and with the massive sunroof available on other pandas.....

Agreed, it's a shame. I guess they feel removing the roof bars would detract from that 'rugged' look, but the choice would be nice.

My dealer said September - but he was pretty clueless about everything else, so this may just be bull****.
Hi gar074
Have got some good info from my dealer and their demo should be their for a end of September launch, apparently all launch cars will be in the new yellow with optional dark tint windows ... Their will be a few other colours in the range available for immediate sale ..... Only metallic colour so far is the green not the Lyme colour that has bin seen ....no word also on the orange/red colour which is a shame ... One other new addition to note on the Cross as standard is tpms (tyre pressure monitoring system ) about time !so that good although think that now on 4x4 to ......

One other new addition to note on the Cross as standard is tpms (tyre pressure monitoring system ) about time !so that good although think that now on 4x4 to ......

Yes, my dealer says tpms is standard across the range from this autumn, hence the price increase...

2 stars does seem out of line, but then £16k for a Twinair is frankly bonkers.

Can't bring myself to like that bronze dash, either. Now if they'd gone for a dash colour-coded to that yellow exterior, I'd be loving it!

You can never have too much yellow ;)

Last edited:
2 stars does seem out of line, but then £16k for a Twinair is frankly bonkers.

Can't bring myself to like that bronze dash, either. Now if they'd gone for a dash colour-coded to that yellow exterior, I'd be loving it!

You can never have too much yellow ;)

Must say do really like the new yellow but not sure yet if I could live with it , just have to wait and see .... Just with they had a nice metallic grey for the Cross ...They have sweet candy beige but not sure on that colour ....

One other new addition to note on the Cross as standard is tpms (tyre pressure monitoring system ) about time !so that good although think that now on 4x4 to ......

Apparently EU requirement on all new cars from some point in the next 18 months, so don't think that Fiat have done it out of choice lol.

Back