Styling Painting the dash

Currently reading:
Styling Painting the dash

Bloody hell carl, there a model kit company, they do pots in about 15ml! take you fluffin centuries! lol

i know this.

theyre good quality though and not badly priced either.

the spray cans are 100ml if i remember correctly.

and you need nowhere near that much for the dash strip.

in fact i can probably get the colour code for you as well bugie i used a colour VERY similar to yours for a hummer h2 lexan body for my hpi savage 25(y)

Reckon the bodyshop will make the colour up and ill just get a airspray gun will work?

depending on what kind of paint it is yes.

use an air brush rather than a spray gun though, itll be tidier and you could do it in place rather than have to take the trim out

Carl why are you waiting for warrenty to run out ffs?

because my ma asked me to.

shes not a fan of mods. doesnt mind if i pay for them but not allowed to do anything major whilst the gp is under warranty. hence why my gsr is still sat under my desk.

Last edited:
as carl says an air brush will be a lot easier to control just bare in mind that they soon empty a can of "air" so one with a compressor attachment fitting is a good idea

thats what i mean.

a good hobbying air brush coupled upto a compressor(y)

edit: and the reason i dont use the edit button much is because noone reads the edits.

hell you probably havent read this bit.

Last edited:
Thread Revival FTW!

Just been to see my local signmakers, they can wrap all of that grey/blue dash peice?? for roughly £35 , so its gunna be booked in next week lol

They had to try out a few diferent materials as some just dont want to stick to it due to the nature of the plastic.

Last edited:
oh how to rub the salt in the wound! is there a way to take the offending peice of trim off? or is a whole dash out jobbie?

haha best way... i tell a lie :(

just rung them up and booked it in for tomorrow morning instead lol

will have pics in the afternoon ;) , also just been sparying the bit of black plastic surrounding the speedo :)

sorta like dark grey , with a bit of metal flake in it lol .... sounds weird but looks awesome , goes with the anthractice stripes really well , and the plastic by the steering wheel has gone white :)

Back