Technical 2007 1.2 Punto Grande - Biggest issue - Cambelt! Is it the same as the EVO or not?

Currently reading:
Technical 2007 1.2 Punto Grande - Biggest issue - Cambelt! Is it the same as the EVO or not?

Hi all, so bought this 1.2 petrol base model for the daughter to get about in (there's a new car on the way to the household but will be a few months and didn't want her to feel stranded where she lives). Anyway, plan is for me to have it when she is done.

However, there is part service history to 58000 including cambelt / pump. BUT that was 2015 and over 30000 miles ago. So, belt should be done on age alone in my mind, but have seen here it's a recommendation every 4 years and over 80000 should also have tensioner done.

I was going to get it done by a garage but I've done a cambelt / tensioner / pump before on a Bongo so its not like I can't do it, but the big question really is about coding and is it the same as the linked guide on here but this specifies the evo? https://www.fiatforum.com/threads/1-2-8v-evo-2-engine-cam-belt-replacement.237966/

Any help appreciated!

If this looks relevant let me know and I will try to get a better photo in daylight.
Slightly better in daylight, problem is old age and old camera mostly me.
As @GrandePunto PL says "same car";)

Attachments

• DSCF1133.JPG
    DSCF1133.JPG
    405.1 KB · Views: 22
  • DSCF1139.JPG
    DSCF1139.JPG
    458 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Forum layout like that is misleading people - they think they own "different" model.
Grande/EVO/2012/Punto3/Punto/Whatever it's called in various countries, is the same car!
Yes, the timing belt Guide applies to all of them (simple 1,2 and 1,4 8V FIRE family units).

Paraphrasing the title of the thread - it is a Non-Issue.

Back