General Ordered

Currently reading:
General Ordered

Yay! I thought I was getting a faint whiff of oil in the car as I was driving along and sure enough the breather pipe is broken AGAIN!!!!! :ROFLMAO: 10 days :D

Well I got a letter on Wednesday or Thursday last week saying blah blah warranty claim denied etc etc sorry. So I wrote a pretty stinky email to Fiat, got a text message on Friday to say there was another case opened. Got a call today from Dominic who I had a chat to for a little while and he said he's put it through to warranty again and I got a call about 4 hours ago when I was out to say that the claim had been approved.

Dominic said that previously the dealer hadn't submitted a claim to warranty or something similar. When I said "shouldn't Steven have checked whether a claim had been put in?" he fell a little silent and then admitted that Steven should have done this. I'm not quite sure what Fiat warranty declined previously if the dealer hadn't submitted a claim so there's a distinct smell of bullturd but is it from Dominic, Steven or the dealer.... but hey ho, the seat is going to get replaced and that is what counts.

I might even take the car in for a service at the same time to kill 2 birds with one stone.

Pipe hasn't failed either :p

maxi i think there is some dealer bs on issue returning, the issue is its a natural product so the grain of the fabric linked to its cut and location in car can cause issues of premature wear and creasing, i had a side bolster look awful after 2,000 miles the repalcement still looks better 30,000 miles later

the main issue i found was as they replace the cover, you are in the hands of the workshop monkey, first attempt dealer managed to refit the seat cover incorrectly so it looked pants (i still can't understand why they did not mirror the other seat in the car), second attempt swapped one out of a stock car lol

Well I'm considering seeing if I can get a local retrimmer to do the job and either add aditional padding or make up a new seat cushion, but perhaps in some more resilient foam.

The new Audi TT has/had the same seat base problem...I specced the Alcantara because that did not sag.

I would so have specced alcantara :D

As I mention endlessly on here, I want to get our Subaru fixed up and I reckon the seats would look fantastic in alcantara........

Just a little update. A problem that's been there since the start and manifests itself when cold has returned.

Basically when pulling away from cold and giving it gentle throttle, the throttle snaps shut rather violently. So you go from pulling away to headbutting the steering wheel and you looks like you can't drive. It then opens up just as suddenly and you hit the head restraint and it can do it 3 or 4 times before settling down. It's been in two or three times with this fault reported whilst having services and other bits of work done and they've not been able to replicate the fault.

Booked in for the 7th of October so it can be nice and cold over the weekend at which time I'll drive there in the morning and replicate the fault for them. 3rd year of warranty of course, but it's been reported before so they'll be covering it (just like they covered the leather that they didn't want to cover). Breather pipe fitting at the back of the airbox has snapped off inside the lovely breather pipe which is getting more and more crackly as time goes on.

Fantastic car, but silly little things let it down. I mean really, a car should go to the scrapyard with the airbox it came out of the factory with, it shouldn't need two new ones *shakes head*

Just a little update. A problem that's been there since the start and manifests itself when cold has returned.

Basically when pulling away from cold and giving it gentle throttle, the throttle snaps shut rather violently. So you go from pulling away to headbutting the steering wheel and you looks like you can't drive. It then opens up just as suddenly and you hit the head restraint and it can do it 3 or 4 times before settling down. It's been in two or three times with this fault reported whilst having services and other bits of work done and they've not been able to replicate the fault.

Booked in for the 7th of October so it can be nice and cold over the weekend at which time I'll drive there in the morning and replicate the fault for them. 3rd year of warranty of course, but it's been reported before so they'll be covering it (just like they covered the leather that they didn't want to cover). Breather pipe fitting at the back of the airbox has snapped off inside the lovely breather pipe which is getting more and more crackly as time goes on.

Fantastic car, but silly little things let it down. I mean really, a car should go to the scrapyard with the airbox it came out of the factory with, it shouldn't need two new ones *shakes head*

time to fit an induction kit! (y)

Wot the fork?

Got a message from the dealership to call me back yesterday. Called this morning and Fiat wanted me to pay for the part :rolleyes: OK, well obviously they're not particularly cheap so they should be cheap right, might just pay for the part myself to save the pain of having to deal with Fiat CS. £170 quid for the airbox!!!!!!!!!

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? You want to make poor quality parts, charge me for them and charge the price of something which is properly made? :eek:

Someone obviously took some hash brownies into work yesterday at Fiat warranty..... :rolleyes:

Wot the fork?

Got a message from the dealership to call me back yesterday. Called this morning and Fiat wanted me to pay for the part :rolleyes: OK, well obviously they're not particularly cheap so they should be cheap right, might just pay for the part myself to save the pain of having to deal with Fiat CS. £170 quid for the airbox!!!!!!!!!

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? You want to make poor quality parts, charge me for them and charge the price of something which is properly made? :eek:

Someone obviously took some hash brownies into work yesterday at Fiat warranty..... :rolleyes:

Will you buy your own airbox?

Will you buy your own airbox?
Hell no. If it comes to it they've kept the old one so I'll get them to put it back on and put some sort of brass fitting in the box.

Something like this but not threaded.
brass_tank_connectors_brass_water_tank_fittings.jpg

Are you sure that nothing else is causing these failures, perhaps the pipe needs a support bracket?

Call fiat cs and suggest that their tech team investigates

Will be doing so. Main thing at the moment is to get the cold start issue to actually happen when the car is at the dealers and then to get that sorted under warranty as I expect it won't be cheap. If I get them to replicate it and the dealer isn't able to find the actual fault then I'm going to tell them they can trailer it away and give me a loan car and sort it at their leisure. I'm not dealing with that every morning in the winter.

Called the dealership. They've been called by Fiat who have approved the warranty claim. She did say yesterday that "You fit all the criteria for a goodwill contribution for the part" so I pretty much knew it'd be OK. The lady I spoke to was actually very courteous and nice. So if you speak to a Jennifer with a Scottish accent you're probably onto a winner, Dominic is OK and Stephen is just a complete twunt.

I wouldn't say I'm really all that relieved because I never for one moment thought that I'd be paying for the airbox..... :D

Called the dealership. They've been called by Fiat who have approved the warranty claim. She did say yesterday that "You fit all the criteria for a goodwill contribution for the part" so I pretty much knew it'd be OK. The lady I spoke to was actually very courteous and nice. So if you speak to a Jennifer with a Scottish accent you're probably onto a winner, Dominic is OK and Stephen is just a complete twunt.

I wouldn't say I'm really all that relieved because I never for one moment thought that I'd be paying for the airbox..... :D

Congratulations maxi. Now the only issue you will have is if it happens in the future out of warranty, although you still have one year as you can claim warranty for the parts that were fitted if they break again within one year.

LOL just sitting in the dealership waiting for a service. Just been told it needs a few things doing under warranty. One thing is a mirror which isn't heating up anymore but the front struts need replacing. Time to order some Bilsteins or Koni's!

LOL just sitting in the dealership waiting for a service. Just been told it needs a few things doing under warranty. One thing is a mirror which isn't heating up anymore but the front struts need replacing. Time to order some Bilsteins or Koni's!

Smart move, but just out of interest, are they prepared to replace the struts under the third year warranty?

That's what they're saying yep. I think there are some other issues as well which they've not mentioned yet. I really do genuinely hope that Fiat lose money on my car. They deserve to go out of business for such silly penny pinching. Dampers dying at 36k miles? Wtf?

Back