General Ordered Fiat 500 1.2 Lounge - now how long should I wait?

Currently reading:
General Ordered Fiat 500 1.2 Lounge - now how long should I wait?

scarlettxmas

Hello everybody! :wave: I'm new, ordered my brand new Fiat 500 1.2 Lounge in Tech House Grey on the 8th of Feb (four days after passing my driving test!) :D

I've chosen a few extras: Auto-climate control and Rear parking sensors

My dealer told me that it would be available to pick up 2nd week of March to the 3rd on the new 15 plate, :p but since ordering and signing the dotted line I haven't heard from them to confirm the date that I can pick my car up! So I called up on Monday and he said that he doesn't think it'll be available until no later than the last week of March, but Fiat have yet to tell him the date! He said he'll let me know as soon as he has been given the date! Argh, just want my car now! :cry:

How long have you all waited for your cars? Was it longer and did it come when they said it would?

Hello everybody! :wave: I'm new, ordered my brand new Fiat 500 1.2 Lounge in Tech House Grey on the 8th of Feb (four days after passing my driving test!) :D

My dealer told me that it would be available to pick up 2nd week of March to the 3rd on the new 15 plate, :p but since ordering and signing the dotted line I haven't heard from them to confirm the date that I can pick my car up! So I called up on Monday and he said that he doesn't think it'll be available until no later than the last week of March, but Fiat have yet to tell him the date! He said he'll let me know as soon as he has been given the date! Argh, just want my car now! :cry:

How long have you all waited for your cars? Was it longer and did it come when they said it would?
i waited 3 months = )

Wow that's a long time! Did they give you status updates as the car went through the different stages? :)
yes they said when it arrived but then i waited 2 weeks for customs and it was a holiday for the first 2 weeks of august so 2 months to come to the country another month in the country.

Mine was in stock at the dealership but because my wife wanted red leather and the LCD screen they had to search other uk dealers. We got both in about 4 days.

Because you've ordered a specific spec they've put in a factory order. If you're a little flexible on pecans push them to search other dealers you could get one sooner and maybe for less money. As my example above shows you can still get pretty specific spec's this way.

No doubt lots of people will be along shortly telling you not to get a 1.2. Suggest you do read the hill starts thread but ours are perfectly OK.

Hi and welcome. I ordered my Twin Air on the 1/4/2014 and collected it on 5/6/2014. I had extras fitted too (parking sensors, Interscope Sound System and ESC).

It seems to depend on where you are. Some on here seem to have waited weeks while others have waited months. In my opinion it's worth the wait ?

Mine was in stock at the dealership but because my wife wanted red leather and the LCD screen they had to search other uk dealers. We got both in about 4 days.

Because you've ordered a specific spec they've put in a factory order. If you're a little flexible on pecans push them to search other dealers you could get one sooner and maybe for less money. As my example above shows you can still get pretty specific spec's this way.

No doubt lots of people will be along shortly telling you not to get a 1.2. Suggest you do read the hill starts thread but ours are perfectly OK.

Thanks for the info. Just goes to show that you can get a new car pretty quickly as well, as long as you don't mind it being standard stock. And it is good to see that some people are getting 1.2s that are OK.

Thanks for the info. Just goes to show that you can get a new car pretty quickly as well, as long as you don't mind it being standard stock. And it is good to see that some people are getting 1.2s that are OK.
Perhaps I should add that mine wasn't exactly in stock. I wanted Tec house grey but with red trim and upgrade alloys. These were on another car they had in stock so it came down to "I want that one:)" or I walk away. So they swapped the alloys and interior from the other car onto mine.

If they want a sale they will jump through hoops:worship:

Last edited:
As I ordered the sunroof option and I live in Australia I had a 9 month wait - with very little dealer input and almost zero follow up ... I have the car now and it's great!

Back