New Fiats…

Currently reading:
New Fiats…

Wow, someone from the 70's been thinking what a futuristic SUV would look like.

Last edited:
Already covered here.

Except this is from Fiat

I think they look promising. I'm glad that the Panda will get its own sub-brand like the 500 has had this last decade.

Whilst the 500 is strong on style and looks over form and function, that will only go so far, for a limited number of people who even then, might get bored and opt for something of a different style next time around (Mini...DS..)

The Panda on the other hand, tall roof line, practical down to the last detail, usually low cost (frequently one of the lowest cost new cars over the years), efficient, rough and tumble ready (many models have no complex, hard to maintain or prone to breaking fancy chrome like features).

Offering the Panda in small, medium and large might finally retain customers like me (who at one point, wanted something bigger) or others who loved owning one, but it was too small or stripped down to be a viable option when choosing between alternatives.

Doesn't help the chose the exact same colour as the press honda e

I think they look promising. I'm glad that the Panda will get its own sub-brand like the 500 has had this last decade.

Whilst the 500 is strong on style and looks over form and function, that will only go so far, for a limited number of people who even then, might get bored and opt for something of a different style next time around (Mini...DS..)

The Panda on the other hand, tall roof line, practical down to the last detail, usually low cost (frequently one of the lowest cost new cars over the years), efficient, rough and tumble ready (many models have no complex, hard to maintain or prone to breaking fancy chrome like features).

Offering the Panda in small, medium and large might finally retain customers like me (who at one point, wanted something bigger) or others who loved owning one, but it was too small or stripped down to be a viable option when choosing between alternatives.
Maybe we can finally have some Panda branded merchandise. I want Panda Shirt, vest Pants, hat, brolly, pens, mugs, plates, cups, tea pot etc etc and can't get hardly anything. If there has been anything I have tried to buy it. Panda memory stick on eBay was a scam though.....

but I do have a photo of it in my Panda gallery.... Yes, I am a very sad old Panda Nut.

I do have a golf umbrella a Panda 4x4 Logo and some heat applied transfer when I can find it I am going to experiment. If successful I shall do a batch and put them up for sale as cheap as poss. Dammit we cannot even get Panda mud flaps!

I do have at least 20 pairs of these. hey are at least bamboo based and very comfortable.

Attachments

• SOCK.jpg
    SOCK.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 6
Last edited:
So the one launching in July... Is that the current model but with the new safety kit? Pandina? Or one of these concept cars?

Taking a look closer... one has a winch in the front, that must mean it'll be a 4x4!

In the age of the Tesla Cybertruck, and some of those far out looking Kia / Hyundai EVs styling, this won't look too out of place. In fact, Fiat bringing out a Panda which looks so much next generation, will make a mockery (looking back in 10-15 years) of some of the bland ranges of EVs out, like the VW ID range and even the current Corsa / 208 which whilst none are 'bad looking', they're very last ten years of car in style, albeit, with some fancier lights / LED signatures. Had Fiat stuck to the same outgoing design language, they'd risk looking as bland and outdated, and no Italian car maker is going to risk that. If they hold on to these new concept cars as long as they've held on to the current models, then going all-in with the space age look should pay off.

I really can't wait to see these things for real.

Back