General New Bravo ???

Currently reading:
General New Bravo ???

biggest issue is that it will be made in China and based on a Chrysler so nothing Italian about it...

How is it based on a Chrysler? The viaggio is built on a fiat group derived c EVO chassis first seen on a giulietta. The engine choice / interior is chosen for the Chinese market and won't be available in Europe.

How is it based on a Chrysler? The viaggio is built on a fiat group derived c EVO chassis first seen on a giulietta. The engine choice / interior is chosen for the Chinese market and won't be available in Europe.

The viaggio is not designed for the chinese market, it's a global fiat model based on the dodge dart. only the chassis is the same as the giulietta with a longer wheelbase I think.

The interior of the viaggio is exactly the same as the dodge and is in no way designed specifically for the chinese.

The viaggio is not designed for the chinese market, it's a global fiat model based on the dodge dart. only the chassis is the same as the giulietta with a longer wheelbase I think.

The interior of the viaggio is exactly the same as the dodge and is in no way designed specifically for the chinese.

THIS Viaggio is China only. However there is a hatch version rumoured/planned for Europe. Whether this means a new interior or not remains to be seen.

THIS Viaggio is China only. However there is a hatch version rumoured/planned for Europe. Whether this means a new interior or not remains to be seen.

You'll notice my dear friend that I already pointed out that europe will get a hatchback version in my first post and even the picture I posted is of a hatchback viaggio.

Oh and based on what they did with the dodge journey/ fiat freemont, don't expect anything to change in the interior.

Last edited:
So.............

Based on all your comments, FIAT are not going to release a proper Bravo replacement, nor are they trying to be successful in the C segment, and whatever they produce will be the usual under performing rubbish, a-la-Strada-Tipo-Bravo I-Stilo-Bravo II...........

And before anyone flames me, I've owned them all.

So.............

Based on all your comments, FIAT are not going to release a proper Bravo replacement, nor are they trying to be successful in the C segment, and whatever they produce will be the usual under performing rubbish, a-la-Strada-Tipo-Bravo I-Stilo-Bravo II...........

And before anyone flames me, I've owned them all.

yes but now they have lost the style too

Underperforming in the C segment.

I meant in terms of sales, FIAT have never been able to match Ford, Vauxhall, The French Companies, The Japanese, etc in terms of sales for this size car.

FIAT are big enough (and old enough) to have created a class leading car in this segment by now but they have always failed.

They can't match the others for dynamics, looks, performance, build quality, blah, blah, the list goes on. There just hasn't been the will. They should have destroyed the Golf, Focus and Astra years ago but the truth is that FIAT in this sector make rubbish half hearted attempts at getting a mid size hatch to market.

Net result, under performing rubbish on all levels and as I said previously, those who know me know I'm an Italian car fan, I've owned all the models listed (except Tipo) so I am qualified to give an opinion.

Is that explanation ok Tad?

You don't seem to know the history of the bravo.

When fiat first introduced the bravo, it really did a great effort at designing a beautiful, solid, PERFORMING car. Performing as in a familly car that has 150 bhp while the same price level renault megane and golf were around 110bhp with fugly looks and interior.

Back in 2007, no hatchback looked as modern as the bravo, now they're all copying it.
Other motorists were litterally giving me the thumbs up when the saw my car on the road.

So no, The bravo is not an under performing car, even today I'd buy a high end bravo over an astra or golf.

Low selling yes, under performing, no.

Reason for its bust in some markets (don't forget it's selling very well in italy and 3rd world) is the c segment clientèle, they're mostly people who don't know **** about cars and only follow the brand's reputation and uneducated gossip.

Last edited:
Underperforming in the C segment.

They can't match the others for dynamics, looks (Funny how the new Astra looks exactly like the Bravo), performance (I believe all the current Bravo models can match or exceed the cars in the same category for the same money) , build quality (The Bravo interior is far nicer than any other vehicle in the same catergory in my opinion, and they quality of the latest range of vehicles has been a massive improvement, I have been very happy with mine) , blah, blah, the list goes on. There just hasn't been the will. They should have destroyed the Golf, Focus and Astra years ago but the truth is that FIAT in this sector make rubbish half hearted attempts at getting a mid size hatch to market. (I believe thats it down to the poor rep that Fiat got from its last range of vehiles which for lots of people takes a long time to trust. The last range (Cinq, Sei, Punto, Coupe etc, not so much the Stilo in my opinion) they reliability issues, the rust and the rest of the issues really dented the faith of the brand in the long term, and that we are still seeing the knock on effect of it.

Just my 2 cents, its all about reputation, you either have it or not.

i think they have matched the looks and build quality in the past, but not given good enough deals to fleet buyers and spent enough on advertising.
look at the mondeo build quality is crap looks are crap but loads are sold because of the fleet buyers, more on the roads makes people see them more so that also makes people want to buy them.

How on earth can anyone even begin to compare a Bravo with such plain, cheap, nasty and utterly boring cars like the Astra or Focus....

Has anyone been unfortunate enough to ride in a new Focus or Astra... they never get any better or improve quality. They just chuck a few more plastic buttons on the dash, chuck the same old engine in and say it's "all new", something which happens every couple of years!

You cannot compare such cheap, plain, boring cars with any Italian car. The Bravo is a good all-rounder, with good looks and excellent styling, nice interior which isn't the **** you get in a Focus and excellent performace. It's been out now since 2007 and still looks better than the latest Focus (which looks like a Citroen) and the latest Astra, which is just a Vauxhall (****).

The one and only thing I can fault Fiat on is that they don't make front mudflaps.

Last edited:
How on earth can anyone even begin to compare a Bravo with such plain, cheap, nasty and utterly boring cars like the Astra or Focus....

Has anyone been unfortunate enough to ride in a new Focus or Astra... they never get any better or improve quality. They just chuck a few more plastic buttons on the dash, chuck the same old engine in and say it's "all new", something which happens every couple of years!

You cannot compare such cheap, plain, boring cars with any Italian car. The Bravo is a good all-rounder, with good looks and excellent styling, nice interior which isn't the **** you get in a Focus and excellent performace. It's been out now since 2007 and still looks better than the latest Focus (which looks like a Citroen) and the latest Astra, which is just a Vauxhall (****).

The one and only thing I can fault Fiat on is that they don't make front mudflaps.

and the astra is basically a bravo copy anyways have you seen!

have you noticed that chrysler have taken the models from lancia, the ypsilon and the delta are lancia but sold by chrysler in the uk market (n)
http://www.chrysler.co.uk/delta
http://www.lancia.com/com/#/cars/lancia-new-delta/

but saying that look at lancia's line up they've got the chrysler voyager and the 300c just rebranded?! must be some back handers going on lol

Back