Punto (Mk1) My Wide Arch MK1 Project

Currently reading:
Punto (Mk1) My Wide Arch MK1 Project

one word... BRAVE

ive only just come across this thread. turned out 2 be more competent than most people thought, cant wait for an update

The best bit about the pics is the garden ones,really nice garden,well manicured ,nice choice of plants etc,now the car,don't know about the word 'hilarious' though,Hideous would be more appropriate,I think as most do that the rear wheel arch on the nearside should in fact be on the offside and vice versa,the moral of the story is ,READ THE INSTRUCTIONS,the end result ,if you get one,will be interesting,I will eat my underpants if this looks great.When you looked at it from the back did it not strike you that the arches were sticking out and looked a bit odd and that they dont fit flush with the skirts,they look like they were made for a different car,some cars suit these kits like the original mini,puntos just dont which is why i don't think anyone else on here has them.
these posts really do make me angry, let this guy make his punto look different if he wants to , its a learning curve, this is where you will learn to use filler, fibreglass, sandpaper. i think that its good as everyone makes there puntos the same, tell me when you saw a wide arched punto??? this forum is to help and get advise from one another and some people just come on here to slate everyone elses work off. its down grading and im sure if some one said something bad about your car you wouldnt like it. keep the good work up mate and keep us posted.

Well just read the entire thread, my first response for five pages was OMG wtf has he done to a tidy looking 60s, but as it progressed it actually started to look pretty damn cool even if such an admission pains me, without the lexarse lights and with a decent motor to move the monster wheels a body kit like that will require to balance it out could be a good show car, not something to use everyday tho!

Well just read the entire thread, my first response for five pages was OMG wtf has he done to a tidy looking 60s, but as it progressed it actually started to look pretty damn cool even if such an admission pains me, without the lexarse lights and with a decent motor to move the monster wheels a body kit like that will require to balance it out could be a good show car, not something to use everyday tho!

he has ruined the car. the kit hasnt been fitted proprley at all.

these posts really do make me angry, let this guy make his punto look different if he wants to , its a learning curve, this is where you will learn to use filler, fibreglass, sandpaper. i think that its good as everyone makes there puntos the same, tell me when you saw a wide arched punto??? this forum is to help and get advise from one another and some people just come on here to slate everyone elses work off. its down grading and im sure if some one said something bad about your car you wouldnt like it. keep the good work up mate and keep us posted.

dnt get lemon(y)

Yeh chill, he didnt listen to what was said about the filler, etc, it will just crack off very quickly around the arches and the like. It could possibly look smart in the end but at the minute, it doesnt at all and there isnt much hope of it ever looking smart for very long the way he's been doing it

Jordan

Does this mean i have wasted my time playing catch up on this thread. To get to the end and FLOP lol :p

Nevermind lol i was doing nuff all anyway. Back to killing time at 1am and for what :bang: GO TO BED GED!!!

And Fat lady i dont think there is any on FF :confused: I will review when i know there is...

Back