10464_349754381776205_517172948_n.jpg

Panda (Classic) My 4x4 - The Muddy Pics!

Introduction

Hey everyone as I've only just joined I thought I'd post some more pictures to show you lovely lot what we're all about up here in the bleak North.

Both me and my mate have Pandas, mine's the '87 and his the '89, both Italian Racing Grey.

As I've previously said, although we put the Pandas through their paces we take good care of the old lasses because we want the fun to keep coming.

I hope you enjoy the pics as much as we enjoy making them! :D

Some of these pics are from a while ago, I'll get some new ones up soon :)
A small update as Hadrian's case is currently worsening. The list is slightly longer now as his head gasket now needs replacing aswell as a wheelbearing and a replacement wiper arm, as it came off and has gone missing!

In other news though, the Italy trip is to be organised in the new year with a small get-together in January for even planning. Watch this space for more info.

Better than having rust to deal with. (y)

Great news that the Italy trip is going ahead though :).

A small update on Hadrian.

Oil, filter and plugs changed aswell as carb and ignition timing reset AGAIN. New starter motor fitted, pictured below is the old (not so long since "new") unit, filled with muck and ceased.

As the sump guard and bull bar are currently off, I am on re-doing the front mountings for the sump guard as 3 out of 4 of the captive nuts have rotted through, hence why I had it held on by the world's biggest cable tie.

I've readjusted the front left hand side camber again as it's never been just right since the lift kit was installed.

Holidays are great, tomorrow I'll be finishing the mountings, changing the gearbox oil & clutch cable, the starting work on repairing the scabby arches.

Attachments

• 1419974803915.jpg
    1419974803915.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 60
  • 1419974824425.jpg
    1419974824425.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 55
  • 1419974854401.jpg
    1419974854401.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 54
Wow, had a chance to catch up with the muddy pics and sounds like you've had some interesting failures! exploding CV's and the like :eek:

Out of interest, how are you adjusting the camber? Is that a camber / cam bolt you're using? I've been looking for a way to do it using those but no idea which bolt to buy as they don't sell one (as far as I am aware) by size or specifically for the 4x4 panda. I probably could have phoned around I guess but other things cropped up and never got round to it :eek:....

Wow, had a chance to catch up with the muddy pics and sounds like you've had some interesting failures! exploding CV's and the like :eek:

Out of interest, how are you adjusting the camber? Is that a camber / cam bolt you're using? I've been looking for a way to do it using those but no idea which bolt to buy as they don't sell one (as far as I am aware) by size or specifically for the 4x4 panda. I probably could have phoned around I guess but other things cropped up and never got round to it :eek:....

Cheers Si, the camber is only adjustable on mine as I've drilled the top bolt holes out on the hub carriers to allow for the raised suspension - in order to keep the drive shafts in the correct alignment. Not sure about the correct bolt sizes, mine are both different with two different size nuts on them aswell!

Another productive day; gearbox oil drained and changed, rocker gasket replaced, bull bar mounts finished along with a recovery point, light grills painted and installed, arch work has begun!

Attachments

• 1420049998410.jpg
    1420049998410.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 63
  • 1420050056244.jpg
    1420050056244.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 59
  • 1420050096378.jpg
    1420050096378.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 66
Cheers Si, the camber is only adjustable on mine as I've drilled the top bolt holes out on the hub carriers to allow for the raised suspension - in order to keep the drive shafts in the correct alignment. Not sure about the correct bolt sizes, mine are both different with two different size nuts on them aswell!

Ah fair enough...possibly getting senile as I'm getting the thought I've asked this before now haha... I might get this adjustment included on the struts I get made for the marbella anyway but will see if camber bolts of the right size exist as well and post up what I find of course :slayer:

Ok so just been on the phone to my insurance company to renew Hadrian's policy, and they now can no longer insure him as the market value has dropped considerably they are unable to continue my cover, fantastic!!!

Dropped??!! What a load of cobblers!! Can you ask them where I can find some nice 4x4's which have gone down considerably, as I'd like some?.... :rolleyes:

Try Peter James if you're looking for a classic policy - they are insuring them by the bucket load at the moment as other insurers gradually hiss off their customers. :idea:

Ok so just been on the phone to my insurance company to renew Hadrian's policy, and they now can no longer insure him as the market value has dropped considerably they are unable to continue my cover, fantastic!!!

How can they say that? Have they looked up 4x4 prices recently??

We have a word for them in Scotland, eejits! I am sure you will get a better deal elsewhere anyways mate :)

Thanks Gav, I've had the policy with them for 5 years and naturally it's been going down every year until I got a voicemail today saying they need to speak to me. I was paying £154 fully comp until just now - I don't understand!

And as you say, they should look on ebay once in a while and update their records. They put the renewal through at the lowest value they could which was £300!!!!! Cheeky barstewards!!!!!!!!

Thanks Gav, I've had the policy with them for 5 years and naturally it's been going down every year until I got a voicemail today saying they need to speak to me. I was paying £154 fully comp until just now - I don't understand!

And as you say, they should look on ebay once in a while and update their records. They put the renewal through at the lowest value they could which was £300!!!!! Cheeky barstewards!!!!!!!!

£300? :ROFLMAO:

The lifting kit's worth that!

Ye'll take £301 for him then Squire, ye won't getterbetter offer than that, so'ye won't.....

£300? :ROFLMAO:

The lifting kit's worth that!

Ye'll take £301 for him then Squire, ye won't getterbetter offer than that, so'ye won't.....

Ye can flippin' well walk sunshine ;) :p

'Old aaht yer 'and!

Will be interesting to See how much the Wheeler dealers one sells for!!

Will be interesting to See how much the Wheeler dealers one sells for!!

Indeed, and it may give us a bit more respect amongst the proper pirates.

The lady on the phone even said in her Sunderland accent "I'm really sorry we can't cover the poor little thing." POOR LITTLE THING! Grrr people will rue the day, rue I tell thee!!!

Rant over. :mad:

Indeed, and it may give us a bit more respect amongst the proper pirates.

The lady on the phone even said in her Sunderland accent "I'm really sorry we can't cover the poor little thing." POOR LITTLE THING! Grrr people will rue the day, rue I tell thee!!!

Rant over. :mad:

Stick a Yorkshire brew on lad, you've got a proper monk on a tell thee!

Back