General Multiple issues with Bravo 1.9 mjet 150 hp sport

Currently reading:
General Multiple issues with Bravo 1.9 mjet 150 hp sport

kiraly

Hi all.
Been having some issues lately with my Bravo.
1st
is that it has a significant power lack from start to around 2000rpm and then it breaks your neck. Also if there is a hill the car struggle and requires lower gear. There is a lot of black smoke coming out of the back along side some oil, as I can see it on the boot lid.
Egr valve has been cleaned, and checked with multiecuscan and the solenoid seems to be working fine.
Map sensor has been cleaned and the MAF replaced.
2nd issue is regarding a lot of oil splattered all over the engine.
There is a cilindrical plastic container with 2 pipes coming out from the top and there is lots of oil around them and I don't know what is it. It next to the oil dipstick and left from the egr.
Any help would be appreciated.
Many thanks

It seems like a stuck turbo control, or faulty vacuum hose / regulator. You can also try to get an EGR blocking plate to see if it isn't your problem after all.

That oily container is probably an oil separator. You can remove it and check for leaks, but it is probably just full of oil. Not a easy thing to remove.

It seems like a stuck turbo control, or faulty vacuum hose / regulator. You can also try to get an EGR blocking plate to see if it isn't your problem after all.

That oily container is probably an oil separator. You can remove it and check for leaks, but it is probably just full of oil. Not a easy thing to remove.
Thanks for your reply.
I have blanked the egr to rule out that will be the issue.
Another thing I have noticed is that in colder days/mornings car seems to behave a lot better. As it gets hotter outside the power drops as well, and if in the morning o drive with say 4th gear , on the same exact road will require 3rd gear when hot outside.

So, here is an update that might help someone.
The black cylindrical box in between the fuel pump and egr is an carter fumes filter./ Oil catch can (I believe it might be called as well) .
I took that apart as the the oil leak was getting bigger and bigger. Everything seems find so I put it back. Took the car for a spin to heat up the engine so I can have a better look on the ramps.
When returned the oil dip stick was about 5 cm popped up and loads of oil around it.
I remember this happened before once.
So that why there was so much oil around that area.
The culprit to the original oil leak was not found yet, or why the dipstick pops up when the car goes in to higher revs( 4500).
The mechanic said to check the carter fumes filter and the hoses as they might be clogged. Done that, took every apart again, but all seems fine.
From my research there should be a PCV valve somewhere and I can't seem to find it(can't even find how it looks or where to look).
So my question is: can someone please let me know how it looks or where to look for?
Thanks

So, here is an update that might help someone.
The black cylindrical box in between the fuel pump and egr is an carter fumes filter./ Oil catch can (I believe it might be called as well) .
I took that apart as the the oil leak was getting bigger and bigger. Everything seems find so I put it back. Took the car for a spin to heat up the engine so I can have a better look on the ramps.
When returned the oil dip stick was about 5 cm popped up and loads of oil around it.
I remember this happened before once.
So that why there was so much oil around that area.
The culprit to the original oil leak was not found yet, or why the dipstick pops up when the car goes in to higher revs( 4500).
The mechanic said to check the carter fumes filter and the hoses as they might be clogged. Done that, took every apart again, but all seems fine.
From my research there should be a PCV valve somewhere and I can't seem to find it(can't even find how it looks or where to look).
So my question is: can someone please let me know how it looks or where to look for?
Thanks
The black box you're reffering to is the PCV system. It's probably blocked with oil sludge and should be at least cleaned, or best replaced with a new one.
That will also explain the dip stick popping up, since there's pressure in the system

The black box you're reffering to is the PCV system. It's probably blocked with oil sludge and should be at least cleaned, or best replaced with a new one.
That will also explain the dip stick popping up, since there's pressure in the system
That has been cleaned and tested. Nothing unusual in there. A bit of oil and that's about it.
It doesn't seem to be clogged as Ive blown in it and there isn't any resistance.

That has been cleaned and tested. Nothing unusual in there. A bit of oil and that's about it.
It doesn't seem to be clogged as Ive blown in it and there isn't any resistance.
There is a plastic PCV valve which should open and close, sometimes you can replace that solely. But i would still say that's your best bet

Another update! It seems like I am fixing some things and others are getting broken!
I ended up replacing the whole PCV valve/ carter fumes filter after all together with oil, oil filter, and air filter.
The oil dipstick doesn't pop up anymore. However, at high revs, there is oil leaking/ mostly dripping quite hard from the intake.
I don't know what is the name of it so I put up a picture of what I am referring to.

Attachments

• motor-fiat-bravo-1-9-jtd-937a5000-din-2008-a4397f2c7f60013af5-0-0-0-0-0.jpg
    motor-fiat-bravo-1-9-jtd-937a5000-din-2008-a4397f2c7f60013af5-0-0-0-0-0.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 68
Back