Styling modifying gsr induction

Currently reading:
Styling modifying gsr induction

Brake pipes are easy to replace, it's bleeding the brakes after that's a bit more complex and being carefull you don't get brake fluid anywhere. If you not 100% on what you're doing I wouldn't reccomend doing it yourself, not that expensive for a garage to do it.

he wanted 700 quid to do it, including the fuel lines, and to be honest il only do it as a project, itl be a learning curve, and if i cant do it, the car wil go scrappy, which is where itl probs end up eventually. it doesnt get used much now i got my grande, but itl kep her from the scrappy for a year or 2 maybe. il even just get the pipes from a decent nexia in a scrappy, its not worth buying new ones for it

Last edited:
£700 wow that's ridiculous, ok fair enough give it a go. As I said pipes are easy. When bleeding have a rubberhose very thin And see through that fits over the bleed nipple going into a plastic tub to catch the fluid. You will need a sd one person to pump the pedal till it gets a bit stiff then hold it down while you loosen the bleed nipple then tighten and repeat till all air bubbles are gone then move on to next wheel. And always start on the wheel furthest away from the servo.
I am sure there will be a guide somewhere on the Internet on how to do it. But hopefully that helped abit.

£700 wow that's ridiculous, ok fair enough give it a go. As I said pipes are easy. When bleeding have a rubberhose very thin And see through that fits over the bleed nipple going into a plastic tub to catch the fluid. You will need a sd one person to pump the pedal till it gets a bit stiff then hold it down while you loosen the bleed nipple then tighten and repeat till all air bubbles are gone then move on to next wheel. And always start on the wheel furthest away from the servo.
I am sure there will be a guide somewhere on the Internet on how to do it. But hopefully that helped abit.

just quick update, the tuning on the grande is n hold now, as i am going to tune my nexia; i put a gsr style intake into the nexia and it cost me fourteen pionds!! twelve for the filter, and a couple of pound for some intake i got from the breakers, there was already an airbox in wheel arch, and a couple more in engine bay, i removed the lot, and put the filter in wheel arch, if only the grande one was this easy!!!
heres some pics of air intake in nexia

its so loud now, and a lot more quicker. im making a thread in other car section about the nexia, and my plans for her, and what iv done so far https://www.fiatforum.com/members-motors-non-fiat/234591-my-nexia.html?p=2472224

Attachments

• IMG00026-20100417-1344.jpg
    IMG00026-20100417-1344.jpg
    451.4 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG00027-20100417-1344.jpg
    IMG00027-20100417-1344.jpg
    395.9 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG00032-20100417-1716.jpg
    IMG00032-20100417-1716.jpg
    413.4 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG00030-20100417-1346.jpg
    IMG00030-20100417-1346.jpg
    426.5 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
i had an idea the other day, regarding air intake, and its not been done before as far as im aware, and im guessing because of costs.
but the air intake is dependant on cold air, so why hasnt someone though of putting the air intake through a modified air con unit, to cool the pipe, therefore cooling the air, or putting a kind of intercooler in the intake (before the turbo and main intercooler if the engine has a turbo) to also cool the air. just a thought i had, and wondered if it was possible/worth it in any way.

just been looking at trw performance for my grande, im thinkin turbo and intercooler now, then i will do my gsr style kit, or maybe other way round, depending on prices. there intercoolers are a great price (from 90 pounds) but it doesn't say what car they are for, can anyone work it out, if not il contact them
http://www.trwperformance.com/loja-intercoolers.htm
cheers
pete

ok then, they are selling this http://www.trwperformance.com/loja-usados.htm with mounts and that for 1.3.
im thinking, studying the pictures that it is the third intercooler down on the original link i gave. i think that with the price difference between just the intercooler and the intercooler with mounts and that, i could save money buying mounts and piping seperately, or using what i already have from original on car now.
probably a stupid question, but a generic intercooler will still give it an increase, ensuring its not to big or small, wont it?

been researching a lot today into universal inter-coolers, and have a couple of questions.
iv seen forge do some universal ones, and they say they will be same build quality as their car specific ones, so im guessing this will be best place to get it from, as it is a forge one?
this is the one iv seen http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/content.asp?inc=product&cat=&product=FMINT104UNI
compared to the t jet specific one, there doesnt seem to be much difference- http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/content.asp?inc=product&cat=060202&product=FMINTPUNTO
they both look the same design, so im guessing the universal one will be similar to it?
as forge dont do one for the 1.3, im considering this option, what do people think?

how did i miss that!! thanks for that mate :)
cheers for that, 350 euros, thats about 300 pounds i think? it will have to come after gsr kit ;). theres hope for tuning the 1.3 after all :),
watch out you 1.9mjets!! lmao

Hmm... im thinking that your tubo is as low as the 1.9 just the other way round.

I'm thinking its gonna be harder to get out on that side but can you see out into the inner wheel arch from under the battery tray?

If not then im thinking your gonna have to turn 180 (90, T-Piece for breather,90) , MAF, straight across to offside and 90 down into wheel arch there.

Three important measurements now for you are the outer diameter of the MAF (if its the same as ours its 70mm) and the outer diameter of the turbo (ours is 50 something but has such a long neck that a well clamped 60mm is fine. Finally the inner diameter of the breather pipe going into the T-Piece.

ok, its been a while, but iv got the outer maf as around 75mm. iv got the outer diameter of the turbo at around the late 40mm early 50mm size. i couldnt get down there though as started raining, so didnt want to start taking all covers off though.
also i was thinking and looking and under the battery tray theres no chance, its to tight and will require to many bends.we could put it over in the arch on the drivers side, or at the back of my engine bay, or the nearside theres quite a big gap where the abs unit is. could that be a poss?

Back