Styling modifying gsr induction

Currently reading:
Styling modifying gsr induction

Percyhahn

What could my title be?
theres a gsr induction on ebay for a cinqueycento. i dont know much about nduction, apart from it makes it quicker due to bigger air intake.
my question is, as i there isn't a gsr for the 1.3, could i buy this, and modify the piping and extend it so it goes down to wheel arch, and modify filter if need be or anything else for my grande 1.3?
if i was to do this, what would i need to know, look for or calculate?
cheers
Pete

theres a gsr induction on ebay for a cinqueycento. i dont know much about nduction, apart from it makes it quicker due to bigger air intake.
my question is, as i there isn't a gsr for the 1.3, could i buy this, and modify the piping and extend it so it goes down to wheel arch, and modify filter if need be or anything else for my grande 1.3?
if i was to do this, what would i need to know, look for or calculate?
cheers
Pete

No.

The GSR kit is specifically designed for each car. No doubt your turbo inlet will be a lot smaller than the throttle body of a Cinq. The pipe would also bend completely the wrong way. You would be better to do something similar to Alexh365, or just waiting for Peter to complete one for the 1.3.

No.

The GSR kit is specifically designed for each car. No doubt your turbo inlet will be a lot smaller than the throttle body of a Cinq. The pipe would also bend completely the wrong way. You would be better to do something similar to Alexh365, or just waiting for Peter to complete one for the 1.3.

i thought about doing what alex365 has done, and wondered if you could use the filter from a gsr. i looked for his thread but couldn't find it lol. it would be a good project :). is the filter bit itself specifically designed to then?
i am waiting for peter to finish, but not sure if he has started yet or anything, as i havent heard back from him in a while.

Last edited:
i thought about doing what alex365 has done, and wondered if you could use the filter from a gsr. i looked for his thread but couldn't find it lol. it would be a good project :). is the filter bit itself specifically designed to then?
i am waiting for peter to finish, but not sure if he has started yet or anything, as i havent heard back from him in a while.

The filter itself is generic. They are available on eBay for less than £10. The pipe is specific and its what makes the GSR good (y)

The filter itself is generic. They are available on eBay for less than £10. The pipe is specific and its what makes the GSR good (y)

i see cheers (y) iv been having a good read up, and im having a fair idea now, of what to do etc. one question i have though, the intake is at the front of the engine, im sure you know where it all is. there is a gap a few inches next to it the same for another air feed. is it possible to have both of those air feeds and also one from the wheel arch going to the filter/rest of air intake? so in effect its a triple air intake?

this picture might help if yours is the 75hp

from the picture below would i be right in thinking that remove the engine cover and connect the hoses straight to the pipe that feeds the turbo

Attachments

• Untitled3.jpg
    Untitled3.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:
thats right, number 11 on the diagram is the intake and was wondering if i could put a 2 or 3 way adapter on that, so the air intake comes from more than one place.

i have been looking around for different filters to, and would an open one be best, or a guarded one, like the links iv posted (although i wont buy from halfords don't think)

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/..._productId_163573_langId_-1_categoryId_165660 - universal filter

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/..._productId_158925_langId_-1_categoryId_165660 - universal guarded one

Last edited:
thats right, number 11 on the diagram is the intake and was wondering if i could put a 2 or 3 way adapter on that, so the air intake comes from more than one place.

i have been looking around for different filters to, and would an open one be best, or a guarded one, like the links iv posted (although i wont buy from halfords don't think)

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/..._productId_163573_langId_-1_categoryId_165660 - universal filter

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/..._productId_158925_langId_-1_categoryId_165660 - universal guarded one

Depends what your guarding against and they are pricey!!

Search on ebay for induction cone filter, and don't pay more than £12 inc postage.

As for more intakes, it depends where your getting your air from. High in the engine bay will give you warm air.

Also if your car as an Airflow meter then ALL INTAKE AIR!! MUST pass through it.

cheers, so where does the red pipe go? and does the black pipe you have drawn connect to number 3 on the diagram, or replace it?
il have a look now for a uni filter, im not paying halfords prices!!
is there a certain material thats bets to use for the pipework?
sorry if i sound stupid lol, this much depth is new to me. but u only learn by trying!! lol.
when u asked where the intake was going, 2 wuld be at the front, if u look at the bottom of the picture (iv posted the url), ul see a hole in the plastic at the front of the engine bay, the hole is facing forward. there is 2 of them, and one of my intakes is there, i would put another intake into the second hole, and then the 3rd intake/filter down in the wheel arch. if that is possible.

Last edited:
ok then, iv just had a quick look, but it looks like i have to disconnect the air intake pipe, and the pipe connecting to the turbo as well as the 2 pins on top, to get the cover off? il probs do it first thing in morning as im boutta go eat, then not sure how much daylight iv got left. also, haymakers playing tonight, so wanna watch him :).
cheers for your help though, your being a massive help (y).

ok then, iv just had a quick look, but it looks like i have to disconnect the air intake pipe, and the pipe connecting to the turbo as well as the 2 pins on top, to get the cover off? il probs do it first thing in morning as im boutta go eat, then not sure how much daylight iv got left. also, haymakers playing tonight, so wanna watch him :).
cheers for your help though, your being a massive help (y).

No worries, quite fancy doing another one :) shame your at the end of the earth from me.

yeah it is, i think i could do with the help. il just have to take it steady, and be careful, and i should manage. i work right outside Coventry, don't know how far that is from you lol.

Last edited:
yeah it is, i think i could do with the help. il just have to take it steady, and be careful, and i should manage. i work right outside Coventry, don't know how far that is from you lol.

its a shame i havent still got my van or i would get our lass to follow me down in it so i could help you do it and you could help me fit my abarth kit

Back