chris_evz

hi i might b bying a rover 114 gsi 2 moz
it has alloys
leccy windows
walnut dash
remote central locking
imobiliser

parts are easy cos rover never made em u get them from any good motorfactors
just cos they went bust dun't mean the parts dun't exhist and they probibly made more head gaskets to cope with the colapse of the company
and i had a metro and a 414 and no head gasket problems it depends how u drive the cars

chris_evz said:
parts are easy cos rover never made em u get them from any good motorfactors
just cos they went bust dun't mean the parts dun't exhist and they probibly made more head gaskets to cope with the colapse of the company
and i had a metro and a 414 and no head gasket problems it depends how u drive the cars
My Mum's Rover MGF failed its MOT the other week on some sort of steering fault. £600 for the genuine new part and guess what- they are no where to be found. The garage eventually found a second hand one to get it through the test. Needless to say, the cars being swapped next Saturday.

Bob in disguise said:
I had a rover 400 a couple of weeks ago, dreadful car. The reason i can't drive that anymore was it failed its MOT on everything! (n)
B_rotfl.gif
Damn!

Bob in disguise said:
I had a rover 400 a couple of weeks ago, dreadful car. The reason i can't drive that anymore was it failed its MOT on everything! (n)

so you bought that flat cap for nothing then ;)

I'd never recommend the rover 114, not only because they're rubbish, but because they're all driven by pensioners or nutters. Rovers also get rusty in the boot, and they leak :)

chris_evz said:
hi i might b bying a rover 114 gsi 2 moz
it has alloys
leccy windows
walnut dash
remote central locking
imobiliser

If that's what you want ignore the rest of the comments, pretty much all the comments raised about also apply to Fiat's.

Parts are easy to get hold of and the parts distribution of Rover was sold off quite a while ago and has been a seperate business for sometime. If it were a new 75 then there are some part problems at the moment, but they will get sorted out eventually.

Sometimes I really think this forum is blind to Fiat, which less face it have a pretty low standing on quality stakes.

poggy said:
If that's what you want ignore the rest of the comments, pretty much all the comments raised about also apply to Fiat's.

Parts are easy to get hold of and the parts distribution of Rover was sold off quite a while ago and has been a seperate business for sometime. If it were a new 75 then there are some part problems at the moment, but they will get sorted out eventually.

Sometimes I really think this forum is blind to Fiat, which less face it have a pretty low standing on quality stakes.

If the guy wanted everyone to go "excellent purchase, you wont regret it" he should have gone to a rover forum :)

I'm a big believer in getting what you want but a Fiat forum is a daft place to brag about buying a Rover, you would be better with the X-power forums or such like. It's also daft to brag about having a walnut dash, don't really know what to say about that one!

Helz said:
I'm a big believer in getting what you want but a Fiat forum is a daft place to brag about buying a Rover, you would be better with the X-power forums or such like. It's also daft to brag about having a walnut dash, don't really know what to say about that one!

It's also very childish that because he put a post up about a car (he wasn't bragging I believe, just pleased) which isn't Fiat that everybody lays into him.

It's a leisure forum and he had been on here before and just came back to say what he was going to buy.

Back