General maybe getting a stilo

Currently reading:
General maybe getting a stilo

Thanks :) I just hate the idea of modding - i just don't see why someone would buy something they like, only to completely change it. And what bothers me more is that too often the money seems to be spent on the mods, and not on the basics like the oil & coolant changes.
I couldn't agree more and you know the odd thing is I was exactly the same in my teens.

I suppose I've always had something of a 'reputation' and the fun for me was taking on bigger engined cars. The difference for me was I always kept my motor in top condition and was therefore happy to push it to its very limits ('combat' ready as I would call it :devil:). I'm not condoning that behaviour - we all do stupid stuff when we're young - and I was just lucky to get away with it :(

Like you I find the brakes fine on my 5 door - not that I'm a great advocate of heavy braking ;)

Well lets say the brakes on my 5dr were absolutely crap wouldn't be an under statement before I did the upgrade on them..but her indoors new 1.4 really isnt to bad....I had a proton GTI before mine which could near enough stop on a sixpence but I suppose it needed it being a hot hatch..:devil:

Why didnt you replace the GTI with a nice little Gen2, with Lotus handling? ;)

I couldn't agree more and you know the odd thing is I was exactly the same in my teens.

I suppose I've always had something of a 'reputation' and the fun for me was taking on bigger engined cars. The difference for me was I always kept my motor in top condition and was therefore happy to push it to its very limits ('combat' ready as I would call it :devil:). I'm not condoning that behaviour - we all do stupid stuff when we're young - and I was just lucky to get away with it :(

Like you I find the brakes fine on my 5 door - not that I'm a great advocate of heavy braking ;)

Bit of a reputation eh Argo? That'll be why you REALLY bought the 5 door then, those sliding seats giving more room in the back ;)

I rarely hammer the brakes on mine either, spend most time on the Motorway & tend to use the gears abit to slow down for junctions (without over-revving ofcourse, ive seen what sorta reception that gets from Fiat in the Grande Punto forum!).

Last edited:
Mine is JTD 80 and has 115K miles on the clock. Few electrical niggles like lightbulb warnings. squeeze interior now broken servo on headlight motor and some knocking sound from the front suspension on the low speed. but otherwise it seems OK. It still does 60-63 mpg and passed NCT on the first time.

Back