Technical Manual A/C Swap Panda 1.1 IAW4AF

Currently reading:
Technical Manual A/C Swap Panda 1.1 IAW4AF

Can you not just fit a self illuminated push button switch? The 1.2 with air-con does not use a cabin temperature sensor and with some fettling you can fit a neat switch into that hole.

Can you not just fit a self illuminated push button switch? The 1.2 with air-con does not use a cabin temperature sensor and with some fettling you can fit a neat switch into that hole.
I've complete set of installation Only without one wiring cable between D008 and D097 but probably need Only 3 wires more

Great news. (y)

I personally think the standard Panda air-con light is far too small and far too dim. A separate self illuminating switch does the same job but easier to know when it's switched on.

Hm. Before install i check again my body. But AlfaObd cannot program A/C, maybe when i install all hardware option can be done.

Is there any way to activate A/C in Can unit?

Attachments

• IMG20230108121107_00.jpg
    IMG20230108121107_00.jpg
    5.6 MB · Views: 30
  • IMG20230108121333_00.jpg
    IMG20230108121333_00.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 27
  • IMG20230108123521_00.jpg
    IMG20230108123521_00.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 31
Hm. Before install i check again my body. But AlfaObd cannot program A/C, maybe when i install all hardware option can be done.

Is there any way to activate A/C in Can unit?
Not easily

You need to download the body computer and ECU dumps

Then modify the program and then load them back

Unless you have experience in programming you would be better finding a dump from the correct body computer and ECU

As per previous posts multiECUscan will only add items on the CANBUS network it will see climate control unit but not a manual aircon

2C26F0CF-5FEA-43D3-9528-829716F52883.png

583B0905-4C5B-42E2-A48C-50B522130151.jpeg

ECU Testing (near Nottingham) can "virginise" Fiat ECUs/BCUs/etc allowing them to be connected into and work with an existing system

ECU Testing (near Nottingham) can "virginise" Fiat ECUs/BCUs/etc allowing them to be connected into and work with an existing system
It’s a pretty dumb system I don’t see how virginise will help. I assume there will be similar places more local in Poland

I tried to find out if the part numbers for the 1.1 A/C body and ECU were different. It’s not on ePer and there’s none for sale.

A few people have had to have the firmware changed by Fiat because the engine revs haven’t raised correctly when A/C is switched on causing it to stall after 5 seconds at idle

Fiat engine ECU, Body computer (BCU) and instruments cluster are electronically locked when first powered on. If you fit a used item from another car it will not work until the chips that control the "linkage" are wiped and reconnected. If you can do the job with your original BCU then happy days. If you need to fit a BCU from an air-con car, it will need to reset to factory (virginised).

Fiat engine ECU, Body computer (BCU) and instruments cluster are electronically locked when first powered on. If you fit a used item from another car it will not work until the chips that control the "linkage" are wiped and reconnected. If you can do the job with your original BCU then happy days. If you need to fit a BCU from an air-con car, it will need to reset to factory (virginised).
Hello, I have already programmed the ecu with a clean memory batch, if necessary, I will also program the BCU, the only problem is that I do not have a virgin *bin batch. could you help me somehow in this matter?

I have no idea why anybody is talking about a virgin BSI or ECU neither has be changed

It will not add A/C functionality

The only place I know that might be able to help you is MMH AUTO but the fact most 1.1 here in the UK at least were the very basic Active model with different wiring and without A/C finding the correct files will not be easy.

the fact most 1.1 here in the UK at least were the very basic Active model with different wiring and without A/C
Here in the UK, AFAIK the 1.1 Panda 169 never had A/C, even as an option. Having driven one, and remembering how much less driveable it is than the 60HP 1.2, I'd question whether this engine is sufficiently powerful to cope with the extra load.

I've driven several small cars where making reasonable progress uphill required turning the A/C off.

Last edited:
I have no idea why anybody is talking about a virgin BSI or ECU neither has be changed

It will not add A/C functionality
I mentioned it, in case the BCU with air-con is different from one without. If they are all the same, then happy days.

I mentioned it, in case the BCU with air-con is different from one without. If they are all the same, then happy days.
That’s the problem

The original poster hasn’t got the BSI or ECU. Without them they will need the BSI and ECU dumps from a 1.1with the same version ECU and BSI and have aircon. You would also have to manually program the keys into the BSI. Virginizing will not work. Then either program or virgin the ECU

The BSI detects the aircon button has been pressed

The ECU is informed by CANBUS and changes the engine parameters and operates the compressor clutch

As I said at the beginning of this thread. Sorting the computers to talk to each other is the hardest part

I have never seen a 1.1 with aircon let alone find the dumps

There is a possibility that it’s already there just dormant. I find this unlikely as pin 9 connector C is used differently for manual heaters and manual A/C

So to work, the car would need a BCU and cable connector from a 1.2 with air-con. Splice the new connector into the 1.1 car, set the "new" BCU to factory and finally wire up the new AirCon components.

So to work, the car would need a BCU and cable connector from a 1.2 with air-con. Splice the new connector into the 1.1 car, set the "new" BCU to factory and finally wire up the new AirCon components.
No a factory reset of the body is a paperweight, It needs keys and VIN programmed in. It’s not like the ECU

The ECU also needs to be programmed for the A/C,

If it’s a 1.1 active theres a good chance some of the wires in the loom will also be missing.

I don’t have the active wiring but a 06 1.1 active is nothing like an 05 1.2 dynamic at the under bonnet fuse box or the fuse box on the body computer

This is assuming you can find the correct memory dumps for a 1.1 with A/C (both BSI and ECU) in the first place, and know someone that will program them. which I couldn’t find anywhere. How many 1.1 had A/C ?

You are making my point. The 1.1 almost certainly can't be directly converted to operate the A/C in the normal way. The car will need a 1.2 BC and wiring to get the job done. However the A/C could probably be manually operated with normal (non electronic) wiring. It would not rev the engine to avoid stalling but should work well enough.

Not sure how the original quote about virginizing the body computer got altered?

“No a factory reset of the body is a paperweight, It needs keys and VIN programmed in. It’s not like the ECU”

Now no longer makes sense

Hello after the break. I attach a photo of the connection of the manual air conditioning installation and I will connect it as soon as it gets warmer.

IMG20230107152425_00.jpg

“So to sum up, you are simply switching the air-con and not using the body computer to control it. Yes?”

No

The ECU controls the clutch engagement

Back