Technical Jumpy and jerky running

Currently reading:
Technical Jumpy and jerky running

Half decent trolley jack & block of wood'.

take the weight of box,

go for Middle bolt first on Mount,
then un-due the side bolts in stages, justcrack them off 1st then take them out

less chance of damage to thread's /nuts then,
take your time, its not abig job but why rush..the weather is nice,,sort of,
its been p.ssting it down here but its nice and warm.. :)

Half decent trolley jack & block of wood'.

take the weight of box,

go for Middle bolt first on Mount,
then un-due the side bolts in stages, justcrack them off 1st then take them out

less chance of damage to thread's /nuts then,
take your time, its not abig job but why rush..the weather is nice,,sort of,
its been p.ssting it down here but its nice and warm.. :)

Ok cheers! Just looking around on web curiously for that mount, if I'm correct seem shop4parts has it for around 40 - 50 bucks, would go scrap yard but yards round here are dump..

Will wait for a nice day and take time ;)

Ok cheers! Just looking around on web curiously for that mount, if I'm correct seem shop4parts has it for around 40 - 50 bucks, would go scrap yard but yards round here are dump..

Will wait for a nice day and take time ;)

i wouldnt pay more than €10 so i must be spoiled for scrappies near me
ive chucked loads too:eek:

There is no sporting's in scrapyards in M/c mate,
not many sportings left now,,so start building up a parts box /dry corner of garden shed,

by the looks of it 8valve ones look the same but im not 100%
but thats what im going to take agamble on,

*8valves dont take as much stress on the mounts as 16valves do so finding a realy good one..shouid be easy to find in scrapyard,

its all that wheel spinning they do that wrecks them, ive learnt to set off easy in mine now,, ;)

Forgot to add,

* if you are taking mount off punto in scrapyard, take the earth strap too, ;)
all this engine movement may be weakening it.. so id swap this out too
to be on the safe side,

ignore if you wish, ;)

Ok, will call around some places, get some prices - thing is I have to gamble on condition of item as I don't get to see it until it's off the car in the office with me (in other they don't let you inspect things), so it's a gamble and they will then charge me a near new prices for it..hate the s/y round here ;)

Right, new gearbox mount came -- in decent nick, stopped some movement in engine but there is still movement from mounts.

But the jerky on and off throttle is still there :banghead:

I think I have 2 issues - 1) the drastic jerking in low gears when applying and releasing throttle

- 2) movement (most likely within mounts) causing car to jerk forwards when changing gear

-- 2 separate issues here I think, which I don't think are linked or exaggerating eachother.

Hmm, so now I'm open to suggestions as to what to try next? :)

is engine moving about on tickover?
(running lumpy)?

did you try the throttle relearn?

not really at idle, only if i apply force in either direction (mostly sideways), which i imagine happens under load when im driving.

yeah i did try the throttle re-learn, twice too..unfortunately it doesn't appeared to have made much difference :cry:

hmm im stumped..

also as a side note, my mpg is struggling to get over 38-39 last couple days now, and i cant remember the last time it got over 41.8,

thanks

Mine gets a good 44.2 round town, 41ish if im wearing my big boots,

FWIW. ive noticed with mine that its not as responsive in the hot weather,
it seems to prefare the winter better, it must like cold/dense air,better,

Mine gets a good 44.2 round town, 41ish if im wearing my big boots,

FWIW. ive noticed with mine that its not as responsive in the hot weather,
it seems to prefare the winter better, it must like cold/dense air,better,

im getting 37ish round town (although 18 the other day!), and i did a 80mile trip all motorway the other day and max mpg in 6th gear at 70ish was 42.1..

hmm i tend to agree, today in 2nd gear i attempted to 'floor it', just to see if it responded and it does not pick up until around 1 sec later -- very delayed; not sure if this is normal with a little punto like this?

very frustrating problem atm this jerking in low gear, as theres been a lot of traffic here recently and it makes my car horrible to drive

as all this started since you swapped out the lam'da sensors
irember reading that you swapped them round?

no, reason i swapped them round was due to the fact that it was running lumpy, and also the fact that a code kept getting thrown up indicating an error above catalyser, pre cat lambda,

since i swapped em round the code hasn't reappeared, but aware this doesn't mean it isnt the problem -- but ive got nothing to go on mes?

Back