Keane
Anthony Head
Joanna Lumley
Jonathon Ross
The Mighty Boosh
Boyzone
Kate Nash

And a whole host of others on the KFC related site :rolleyes:

If you want to join in with all the other "sheeple" who fall for the BS and suddenly jump on the soapbox shouting about how moraly wrong and what a travesty factory farming is its none of my concern. You believe what you want to, because I certainly do. I only object when people start telling me my way of thinking is wrong after having their views forced on me and as for accusing me of non-constructive comment......is everyone who dissagrees with you guilty of that?

Hugh fernly twittingstall and jamie oliver are pi***** into the wind, they are not going to change public perception and they are not going to change my mind..... you certainly wont so lets leave it at that eh?

You are a very narrow minded fool

No-one invited you into this discussion, you came on here shouting the odds because you don't like the fact some people are trying to do something good

Whether it works or not at least people try. If it were left to the likes of you god only knows what the world would be like so **** off onto another thread and stay out of this one if you don't like what its about

Last edited:
Thanks for that Soap Dodger, i actually hadn't delved that far into the website. That is sickening

If you don't want people to disagree with you, don't post a topic up for discussion ;) It's a bad situation I know - right now I tend to shop on price but I think if there were stricter rules and only free-range stock were available, that is what I would eat. Some things I don't buy on principle because of their origins, currently Shell fuel from Carlisle because of the way I got treated there once but I know I have boycotted the produce of certain countries in the past. We all make our moral judgements, but some people's are different to others and just because it isn't an important factor in our lives, doesn't mean it isn't in theirs (y)

It didnt hurt in the slightest (cant think why it should) and I appreciate the fact you realise (to a degree) that I respect both your views on the subject and your efforts to do something about it.......I wish I could.

If you don't want people to disagree with you, don't post a topic up for discussion

Its not a case of disagreeing it was the fact he's slagging off the people who are trying to help others.

I don't know how many times i have to state that i respect everyones views (please read the other thread on this matter) i just don't see what is to be gained by making comments about the celebs involved in it all

It didnt hurt in the slightest (cant think why it should) and I appreciate the fact you realise (to a degree) that I respect both your views on the subject and your efforts to do something about it.......I wish I could.

:)

Last edited:
I have just looked at that KFC site.......and am asking myself a question, are those celebs` genuinely concerned about what goes on or are they just after some free and easy publicity, guess I will never know but until then I choose to believe nothing and sit on the fence.

maybe if mr collins or mr mc cartney donates a spare million to the cause I might be influenced and begin to think they actually are.

I don't know how many times i have to state that i respect everyones views (please read the other thread on this matter) i just don't see what is to be gained by making comments about the celebs involved in it all

:)

What is to be gained by posting up their names in the first place? What makes their views any more important than yours or mine, or validates someone's view on the matter? There are one or two people on that list whose views I respect, the rest are no different to the rest of us and probably far less well informed.

I am not slagging people off, although I realise that may be the way you see it. I am seeing things from a different perspective than you are and looking deeper into the issues and what maybe behind them, then making comment on what I see.

celebs (apparently:rolleyes:) create publicity for themselves & their cause.....like Bono & the enviroment etc...is it becaue we listen to them & not politicians or scientists?

My view on 'celebs' is someone who craves attention,gets it (and loads cash) then wants to be left alone & gets annoyed when they are still hounded.Personally i'd rather listen to some old person in the pub giving me their life story than a 'celeb' bragging....I have no time for them.

Some 'known' people I do respect,the likes of david attenborgh,patrick moore etc...for what they have achieved & the things they have brought to our attention.Give me life on earth than X factor anyday!

(just realised that had sod all to do with poultry)

Last edited:
I have just looked at that KFC site.......and am asking myself a question, are those celebs` genuinely concerned about what goes on or are they just after some free and easy publicity, guess I will never know but until then I choose to believe nothing and sit on the fence.

maybe if mr collins or mr mc cartney donates a spare million to the cause I might be influenced and begin to think they actually are.

Whats money going to do to save KFC reared chickens??? Nothing.

The people behind the KFC campain (PETA) Don't need funding.

Celebs back campains to raise awareness, so fans will see a link on the site of a celeb or whatever and have a look and see what really happens. Then they can make thier own mind up if they want to back it, or continue eating chickens that have been scolded while live and had thier heads stamped on. (KFC for example)

There are children being scolded and having their heads stamped on everyday.......and you want me to worry about a chicken? I am sorry, I DO appreciate your concerns and motivations because its something I just couldnt do but the everyday public just wont be moved, it just doesnt figure on the grand scale of things.

Back