jamie oliver chicken programe

Currently reading:
jamie oliver chicken programe

At the end of the day though, they won't be able to buy battery eggs as they will be banned.
no they wont, the only change is that the cages much be 'enriched', read the legislation its hardly a revoluton in chicken welfare. the majority of our eggs will still come from caged birds, but the cages are a little bit nicer.

Its not about being gready (well maybe it is sometimes)

There was a single mum on there and supermarket chicken was all she could afford, she did like what she saw happen to the chickens, but just cos she didnt like it, didnt magically give her the money to buy free range.

she could have chicken less often. then she could buy a good one

Tht is for veggie people like you tho Dave..... Green = dont eat!!!!

I used to have a bacon sarnie everyday except the weekends :eek:

Tish tisk!!!!! Thats very bad for you!

And Jug.... You shoul dhave breakfast... Most important meal of the day..... or so they say lol

Thats nice that you dont buy "cheap meat" some ppl cant choose what they buy, its what they can afford.

Its all about prioritising. As dave said they dont need big portions of meat if they are given plenty of veg. Its better for a healthy diet. I am not rich by any means and things are even tighter having bought a new house but I wouldnt buy crap.

How is it different?

Chickens are farmed in small conditions, rabbits and small pets are kept in small cages and hutches and not that often let out. Chickens are kept in small cages for a few months, pets for years. (Dave, Mrs Dave, this is in no way aimed at you as your rabbits are super lucky, so please dont take offence)

if we`re a country of animal lovers why keep ANYTHING in smaller conditions than they are meant to be.

Again this is generalised and isnt really much of an arguement, you cant compare something that is farmed like that with a pet. If a pet is kept in poor conditions it can be reported.

All it takes is one "celeb" getting a huge pay packet and all of a sudden everyones on the moral high ground. Do you really think they`d care if they wasnt geting paid and TV shows out of it? Cos i dont think they would.

No as a matter of fact. I have had this view for years :) I havent even watched the programme but I am well aware of what goes on. I have always been on the moral high ground regarding this :)

Last edited:
no they wont, the only change is that the cages much be 'enriched', read the legislation its hardly a revoluton in chicken welfare. the majority of our eggs will still come from caged birds, but the cages are a little bit nicer.

What are you talking about, the caged battery chicken production is being banned completely. Battery means a single chicken housed in a row and stacked, it doesn't mean just caged. You will not be able to house a chicken in a cage without the ability for it to move around and have a perch etc etc, I would say that was a major revolution. Currently the majority are in battery cages only just big enough for the chicken and without the ability to turn around in the cage. I think that is a big change, but the reality is that supermarkets are going one stage further due to public demand and banning any egg from caged hens.

So in essence your comment of campaigns making no difference and being forgotten is complete nonsense as this proves that despite a new law not coming in until 2012 the public pressure has forced the supermarkets to go one step further.

Last edited:
With regards to this whole chicken debate............................................................................................... :sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep:

Back