Iphone to work with Blue&Me

Currently reading:
Iphone to work with Blue&Me

I'm ordering a Fiat 500 in the next couple of days and will look to be using my iPod classic with it and just want to know will I need to update to Automotive 5.4 and will I need to get the adaptor ?
Thanks

If its brand spanking new then it will already be complete with 5.4.10, however this means no iPod support (Disk mode) so to use ANY iPod/iTouch/iPhone you will need the adapter.

Am I right in saying this will enable .aac file from the iPod/iPhone?

Mark, any audio will now play from your iPod, DRM or DRM Free AAC, MP3 etc if you use the adapter.

Hi can someone please help me before i :bang:
I have a Fiat 500 sport 58 plate which i love BUT the Blue and me is driving me insane !!!! :cry:
I have an iphone,i've paired it and it has copied all my contacts :)
I have purchased the adaptor so that i can play my music BUT it keeps telling me No Media Found :( After trawling the internet for an answer i tried doing an update but it just tells me Configuration Error :bang: I have tried and tried but it still gives me the same message :bang:

So please please if anyone knows the answer i will be eternally grateful as i am lost without my music :(

Thankyou in advance to anyone who can help (y)

I have a Fiat 500 sport 58 plate which i love BUT the Blue and me is driving me insane !!!! :cry:
I have purchased the adaptor so that i can play my music BUT it keeps telling me No Media Found :( After trawling the internet for an answer i tried doing an update but it just tells me Configuration Error :bang: I have tried and tried but it still gives me the same message :bang:

So please please if anyone knows the answer i will be eternally grateful as i am lost without my music :(

Probably the wrong thread for this as this is about Chris's offer on the adapter but ill answer you anyway (it might move)

You need to apply the 5.4 update from FIAT. http://www.fiat.co.uk/Content/Article.aspx?id=19155 and make sure the adapter and phone is connected before starting the car.

If its brand spanking new then it will already be complete with 5.4.10, however this means no iPod support (Disk mode) so to use ANY iPod/iTouch/iPhone you will need the adapter.

Mark, any audio will now play from your iPod, DRM or DRM Free AAC, MP3 etc if you use the adapter.
Thanks I better order that adaptor in advance of the delivery in 12 weeks time.

do you know if you have to install another version of blue and me prior to updating to 5.4.9 because i consistently get error 10 and have no idea what i'm doing wrong :(

hi guys!

got an iphone 3GS today- this thread seems to be more about music file compatibilty but i can see alot of technical knowledge and the thread title was what i was looking for!

couldnt see a definitive yes in here!

is my new phone compatible with the blue and me in my 500?..(6 months old)

hi guys!

got an iphone 3GS today- this thread seems to be more about music file compatibilty but i can see alot of technical knowledge and the thread title was what i was looking for!

couldnt see a definitive yes in here!

is my new phone compatible with the blue and me in my 500?..(6 months old)

The iphone 3gs works with blue&me for calls but not reading messages and you need the dongle to use iphone for music playback.

Hi

did you ever get anywhere with that as I've EXACTLY the same problem. Picked up my 500 a couple of weeks ago so I'm assuming its got the latest firmware. I've tried updating it anyway and I get an error 10 which someone else told me means that its already got the latest software.

My iPhone charges with or without the dongle (purchased from eBay) but I always get a "no media found" when trying to play music.

My tunes are all mp3 so its not that however it is iMac formatted but I've been led to believe that shouldn't matter with the dongle?? Can anyone confirm or deny that??

IF I can't get it working I'll be sending the dongle back but obviously I'd prefer to find out what the issue is if its fixable.

Cheers.

Also tried updating our 500 to 5.4 and get error 10 as well. Tried the blue and me iPod adaptor in my cousins Grande Punto and it worked fine so no problem there.

Spoke to the local Fiat Dealer and they say a firmware upgrade is required as the system in the 500 is different to the Grande Punto, it's booked in on Tuesday so will let you know the outcome.

Garage have informed me they are fitting a new convergence unit? Tried the iPod adapter on a 500 in the showroom and as expected it worked fine. Hopefully this will resolve the issue?

Back