General I'm coming back to Fiat

Currently reading:
General I'm coming back to Fiat

Im thinking they just dont know they car exists hence the cheap price or they are classing it as mk1 bravo :D, only seen 1 other since I moved over, the roads here seems to just kill suspension and cost a fortune its €580 a year to tax my 1.4, need wishbones doing on front, not too bad after 5 yrs to be fair

So I've seen it a few times now. The Bravo has a windows icon on the dashboard and steering wheel. What are these? I never had anything like that in the GP.

Blue & Me hands free and media system, not very good tbh IMHO. It's like marmite, either like it or hate it.

still not made my mind up on it to be fair, sometimes it works really well, other times I wants to throw it out the window, not sure how the newer cars compare with V2, version 1 has a lot of limits

So I've seen it a few times now. The Bravo has a windows icon on the dashboard and steering wheel. What are these? I never had anything like that in the GP.
Oh right, all I want from my car unit is to connect it to my iphone 5 for music playback and answering calls. Can this be done? I'm going to guess being windows there will be some sort of upgrade needed to do it.

Oh right, all I want from my car unit is to connect it to my iphone 5 for music playback and answering calls. Can this be done? I'm going to guess being windows there will be some sort of upgrade needed to do it.

Yes, however you'll need to physically connect the phone for music, no A2DP streaming.

Better off fitting an aftermarket head unit IMO. I and some others have done this, get much better results :)

Yes, however you'll need to physically connect the phone for music, no A2DP streaming.

Better off fitting an aftermarket head unit IMO. I and some others have done this, get much better results :)

I don't mind physical connections, and I can't do aftermarket units. They are unsightly and horrid lmao.
You seem to know a bit. I have seen dashboards online and they have a screen instead of a radio unit. Are these available in the UK?
Just need a Blue&Me iPhone adaptor, I got mine on eBay and was cheaper than direct from Fiat. Works fine.

The voice control can be a bit fiddly but can just as quickly scroll through the menus.

Will look out for one of these thank you,

Are you still able to use all the wheel remote functions? Or if not, which ones are missing? I miss being able to play my music wirelessly and often think about replacing the head unit. How much do the extra cables etc cost on top of whatever head unit i buy? (Probably a sony bluetooth one)

Are you still able to use all the wheel remote functions? Or if not, which ones are missing? I miss being able to play my music wirelessly and often think about replacing the head unit. How much do the extra cables etc cost on top of whatever head unit i buy? (Probably a sony bluetooth one)

You just loose the 2 B&M buttons in my case, patch lead for my Pioneer was about £35 iirc.

To be honest considering the price of the remote adapter and the fact the head unit is within hands reach I didn't bother. I fitted a Sony WX-GT90BT, picked it up new on ebay for £100. Far better sound than the stock unit, infinite colour display so it can be matched to the rest of the dash, streams music over bluetooth easily, oh and comes with a IR remote if you require. The Bravo's loom already has ISO connectors so the Sony unit's loom effectively plugs straight in although there is no switched live on the Bravo loom so I swapped the constant and switched live around.

Can someone help me out. If I was to buy the active model (without all the Blue and me etc) is it possible for me to fit an aux lead into the back of the system and have it feed through into the glove box or something like that. I did it with my GP. Easy enough

Never mind I have found it is possible. Although not owning the car yet I'm trying to figure out where would be best to feed it. I wouldn't want it in the glove box to be honest, it's always easiest but renders it useless to the driver when wanting to change songs (don't worry I don't take my eyes off the road I have an app where you just swipe the screen to skip the track). The tut I saw had the guy fit some sort of plu or something next to the cig lighter, but he didnt mention what parts he used to retro fit a plug or where to source them from, the idea of putting my own plug into the dashboard is terrifying but it would stop the need for a cable hanging out my dash if I can just unplug it when finished..

Last edited:
Can someone help me out. If I was to buy the active model (without all the Blue and me etc) is it possible for me to fit an aux lead into the back of the system and have it feed through into the glove box or something like that. I did it with my GP. Easy enough

Never mind I have found it is possible. Although not owning the car yet I'm trying to figure out where would be best to feed it. I wouldn't want it in the glove box to be honest, it's always easiest but renders it useless to the driver when wanting to change songs (don't worry I don't take my eyes off the road I have an app where you just swipe the screen to skip the track). The tut I saw had the guy fit some sort of plu or something next to the cig lighter, but he didnt mention what parts he used to retro fit a plug or where to source them from, the idea of putting my own plug into the dashboard is terrifying but it would stop the need for a cable hanging out my dash if I can just unplug it when finished..

done buy an Active, buy a T-Jet Sport 150

Pretty sure the Active comes with an Aux socket as standard?

Back