General I'm coming back to Fiat

Currently reading:
General I'm coming back to Fiat

I need your help in picking up a bravo, I'd like to know what I should look out for problem wise and which engine/spec to go for. I'm not new to fiats but will be new to Bravo's read on for full story.

So I had a lovely 1.2 Grande Punto that was my life and soul for 3 years. I then got a new life and soul. My daughter. So off my little three door went and then I purchased and currently drove the most horrid 'car' ive ever experienced. A Renault Megane 2, facelift model (2008). It's got comfortable seats, a very nice 1.6 engine and that is it. The rest of the car is crap in every sense. Electrics are shoddy, EVERYTHING rattles it's just pants.

So I want a Bravo. I figure it's just a big GP right ;) haha I'm joking I know you bravo'ers dislike the GP's lmao. But I really like the Bravo's. Now my ideal bravo would be a brand new 1.9 turbo diesel with every added extra, unfortunately I'm a 23 year old steel worker so that's out my budget, so I'm thinking an 2008> Bravo with the 1.4 t-jet model with less than 40k on the clock. I'll probably pay about £4,500 for one. (May stretch for a really nice one). So yeh what should I look out for, any frequent problems i should enquired /check out. And overall how happy are you with your Bravo's (anyone that has owned renault as well would be great for comparison) so yes. Look forward to being a regular on here. And hopefully will have a beautiful Bravo on my drive in the coming months,

Best choice IMO is a 1.9l multijet 120hp dynamic with good options.

The 120hp can be remapped easily to get a ton of power and you still have the awesome old school 5 speed gearbox.

It's very fuel efficient and reliable unlike newer 1.6l diesels with DPF.

Good options: blue&me, climate control, skydome (rare), xenon (rare), 17" alloys, tinted glass.

Last edited:
Love the t jet sport, amazing value and a peach of an engine (as abarth)

so good i bought another

should get a 08 car for that budget

only potential issue is clutch and box but both mine are fine

Clutch and gearbox? What we talking here?

Also thanks for the Dynamic comment whoever said it (using mobile version so cant see who wrote that comment whilst replying lmao) I do like my toys.. As long as I have Bluetooth and or some form of input for my iPhone I'm fine with everything else (air con is a must as well though).

I'd love the 1.9 to honest but I live in Tipton which is a high insurance band. And still only being 23 makes insurances prices a little unbearable for engine of that size. But I hear wonderful things about the 1.4 tJet. As long as its got the grunt to get me up to 70 on a motorway relatively quickly I don't need much more than that.

And for those wondering yes I live next to the mosque that was bombed yesterday. I was evacuated until about 8:30pm last night. All fun. Just a shame they didn't destroy my god awful Megane lmao

use the search to find the reliability thread (y)

standard sport spec includes blue and me, you will need adapter for iphone

as far as performance is concerned it is a quick car :devil:

Clutch and gearbox? What we talking here?

Also thanks for the Dynamic comment whoever said it (using mobile version so cant see who wrote that comment whilst replying lmao) I do like my toys.. As long as I have Bluetooth and or some form of input for my iPhone I'm fine with everything else (air con is a must as well though).

I'd love the 1.9 to honest but I live in Tipton which is a high insurance band. And still only being 23 makes insurances prices a little unbearable for engine of that size. But I hear wonderful things about the 1.4 tJet. As long as its got the grunt to get me up to 70 on a motorway relatively quickly I don't need much more than that.

And for those wondering yes I live next to the mosque that was bombed yesterday. I was evacuated until about 8:30pm last night. All fun. Just a shame they didn't destroy my god awful Megane lmao

Some have had issues with the M32 gearbox and bearings failing. I've never had an issue with any of my cars fitted with this box though.

Dynamic has blue & me, although you'll need an adapter to play music from your iPhone (I'd recommend just using a 16gb USB flash card instead). Dynamic also has split zone climate control rather than manual AC which the Sport has, and a smoother ride comfort.

Don't say that about your Megan, your insurance would have gone up some more (and that's if terrorism isn't excluded on your motor policy as it is with some companies).

Last edited:
Well I had a 2005 MK2 Megane 3dr before my Bravo Tjet 150 and I can honestly say the Bravo is light years ahead in terms of build quality and fun. Whilst the Megane was made largely of plastic that clipped together like a knex kit the Bravo uses metal, bolts and screws. Whilst I have missed the panoramic sunroof, keyless entry and automatic wipers/lights the TJET 150 engine and solid build more than compensate. My wife compares the Megane to a cake, tasty looking but made of soft crumb!

spec varies for example my current car is a Sport but has options of auto lights and wipers, auto climate, cruise, cooled arm rest and rear electric rear windows <usually wind up on sport in rear>

shop around theres always a few for sale, and can be a slow seller at dealers so blag a bargain

looks well on the 17"s and mega on the 18"s :cool:

So are the specs sets similar to the GP? E.g active is the basic model then dynamic then sports? I'd like to keep as many of my 'gadgets' that I can to be fair BUT i dont need then, As much as I hate this megane it only has 40k on the clock. It's got a real good spec sheet. 2008 model including 1.6 VVT engine, cruise, AC, fogs, alloys, about 73 airbags lol, all round electric windows (my back two have broke though (n)) plenty of storage, comfy ride, speed limiter. MP3 aux. cd changer. Trip computer. Tyre sensors, auto lights/wipers. And I know that for £4k it was a bargain with all those extra's. but the build quality is so shocking I'm willing to drop all the gadgets. Plus the megane is just ugly if you know what I mean, NOBODY ever goes "oh look a megane I like the look of them" :p

Anyway bravo's i have already spotted a lovely bravo in black but I'm a little put off by the red interior, it is just an active 1.4, I won't be buying it but I've conned a test drive out the guy to see how it feels. I sat in the driving seat and it felt like home. Like being back in my punto. If not slightly higher up. It has a weird driving position but I'll get used to it. Anyway Is the red interior in the black cars only? if so I may have to avoid a black one lmao. The active doesn't have many toys like people have mentioned looks like I will definitely be going with dynamic. A question though, does the sport have any exterior upgrades? I always love the subtleties with sportier cars. Not OTT. But a nie bumper, skirt and baby spoiler always look beautiful. especially on fiats. One last thing the grey/black spoke wheels that some Bravo's have. Do they have a name, in going to source me some here and there. and keep them until I get my bravo, if it comes with them I'll just sell them off but they are beautiful. If I get them one by one I shall end up with a bargain and either way will probably make a profit. :slayer:

http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/reviews/fiat/bravo/hatchback-2007/equipment/

for spec comparison

So are the specs sets similar to the GP? E.g active is the basic model then dynamic then sports? I'd like to keep as many of my 'gadgets' that I can to be fair BUT i dont need then, As much as I hate this megane it only has 40k on the clock. It's got a real good spec sheet. 2008 model including 1.6 VVT engine, cruise, AC, fogs, alloys, about 73 airbags lol, all round electric windows (my back two have broke though (n)) plenty of storage, comfy ride, speed limiter. MP3 aux. cd changer. Trip computer. Tyre sensors, auto lights/wipers. And I know that for £4k it was a bargain with all those extra's. but the build quality is so shocking I'm willing to drop all the gadgets. Plus the megane is just ugly if you know what I mean, NOBODY ever goes "oh look a megane I like the look of them" :p

Anyway bravo's i have already spotted a lovely bravo in black but I'm a little put off by the red interior, it is just an active 1.4, I won't be buying it but I've conned a test drive out the guy to see how it feels. I sat in the driving seat and it felt like home. Like being back in my punto. If not slightly higher up. It has a weird driving position but I'll get used to it. Anyway Is the red interior in the black cars only? if so I may have to avoid a black one lmao. The active doesn't have many toys like people have mentioned looks like I will definitely be going with dynamic. A question though, does the sport have any exterior upgrades? I always love the subtleties with sportier cars. Not OTT. But a nie bumper, skirt and baby spoiler always look beautiful. especially on fiats. One last thing the grey/black spoke wheels that some Bravo's have. Do they have a name, in going to source me some here and there. and keep them until I get my bravo, if it comes with them I'll just sell them off but they are beautiful. If I get them one by one I shall end up with a bargain and either way will probably make a profit. :slayer:

Ooh traction control on some of them. Never had TC before. Any good? Lmao

yep its pretty good, best thing being you can turn it off :devil:
the ESP works REALLY well

with decent tyres and good pads will do a sub 10 minute Nurburgring lap

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    242.4 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
Back