General I'm coming back to Fiat

Currently reading:
General I'm coming back to Fiat

Yeh a 150 t jet sport sounds the dogs wotsits. But I'm a family man working in a humble steel factory lmao.

I just want a bravo to be honest lmao. I can't buy it yet either way. Gonna be a few months away maybe more (gotta wait for the missus to get her job back after maternity leave to weigh up income etc). But like I said in my first post I'm scoping my options. Weighing up the pros, cons and most importantly value for money. Everything keeps me swaying to a 120 t-jet dynamic. Just finding right price, age and mileage. But no harm in me grabbing a cheaper 1.6 active with less miles as long as long as it has alloys and fogs on the outside there is no difference to a dynamic. It's the spec sheet that differs right? Might even go diesel for mileage.

Leighjet yours a genuine offer? You got it up in classifieds or anything?

Edit: just spotted yours in the classifieds Leigh, not what I'm looking for to be honest pal. Thank you forth offer though. I'm looking for a factory standard model. Don't want customised unfortunately. Plus the lowering and exhaust would blow my insurance through the roof. Young male in Tipton and a fast customised car make insurers salivate from the mouth £££££

Last edited:
Right I ain't posted for a while now but I've been steadily watching the market and I've finally found a suited for my needs.

I've found a 57 plate t-jet 120 for a very reasonable price. It's in that lovely grey/black type colour, it's a dynamic model so just what I want.

My main question from you guys and a big in depth answer would be highly appreciated is this car is about to break 60k miles. It looks in beautiful shape with it bodywork and interior so I doubt it's been abused. But i do need to know what I should look out for at this sort of mileage. Is there any visual checks I should definitely take and is there any sounds I need to listen out for? I really like this car. and want to make sure it's in the best shape possible.

If the water pump and cambelt etc haven't been changed yet get the garage to change them all for genuine parts before you drive it away. I presume this also uses the M32 gearbox so listen carefully for any unusual sounds coming from the gear box, I think a test you can do is to see if the gear stick jumps back slightly when pulling away in 1st.

Ahh fantastic thanks for that. Aparantly it has a complete service history so I shall be able to tell from that how if be tries to lie to me, everyone says things about this gearbox. What it the actual issues with them. What actually break?

Bearings. They wear out, and omit a whining sound under light loads. Give it a good run in all gears, especially the top 3, and vary throttle input. Any whining sound means there's a very good chance they've started to fail.

Ahh fantastic thanks for that. Aparantly it has a complete service history so I shall be able to tell from that how if be tries to lie to me, everyone says things about this gearbox. What it the actual issues with them. What actually break?

If its got correct service history the Cambelt/water pump should have been done last year.

Firstly can I apologise for my god awful spelling over the last few posts. Been resorted to an iPhone for web surfing, as I've recently sold my iPad in anticipation for the new one.

Secondly thanks for all your help. Water pump and cambelt will be first on my checklist. Might even ask the place to slap the car on the ramp for me to check for any leaks etc. I do believe the garage comes with 6 months warranty but I shall purchase the additional 6 months. So with everyone's help any issues I have will be sorted by this garage properly. I should really get more involved with my engines and cars. I love cars I'm just no good with mechanics beyond your basics tool box and google. But thanks a lot for all your help people it's much appreciated :worship:

For anyone interested here are some pictures of the car. I adore the colour. (Taken from the garages website)

Ah looks like Second City Motors got some more Bravo's in then.

Just so you know what they did for me when I got mine; they have a dent guy to do smart repairs, and they also refurbed the alloys as I pointed out some scuffs. All included in the original sale price, so they are willing to cater if you point out anything that needs doing.

I'd also check all the listed features (cruise etc) are there as they have a habit of copy and pasting a lot of stuff on their bravo listings. They were selling a bravo a while back that didn't have half the features they listed as I could see from the interior photos.

As this is a dynamic though most will be there as standard though I'm sure.

Never had an iPhone so can't help there sorry.

Back