how far is your commute and how long does it take?

Currently reading:
how far is your commute and how long does it take?

OK. Try....

Shovelling raw sewage in the event of a spill.

Unblocking machinery that processes "waste".

Using manual lifting gear to lift half ton pumps out of "wet wells".

Stripping down aforementioned pumps that are covered in/full of raw sh!t.

Getting covered heas to toe in raw sh!t when pipes burst (this happened 3 times).

Weighing, vac dryin, and moisture analysis of sewage samples.

Constantly having to dodge flying sh!t/**** mixtures from moving machinery.

Having to climb 40' down into wet wells.

Having to cope with the most over the top health and safety regime EVER.

Pulling dead animals out of sand filters.

Forever having to handle soiled ladies "sanitary products"

Having the world's biggest bell end for a boss.

And worst of all....

Having to drive a Citroen Berlingo van :yuck:

Watercourse sampling was ok though.

Thank you for reminding me how fantastic my job is (y) :)

But surely you knew all that when you applied for it.

Most of mine where rules they implemented to make my day worse:p and I never wanted the job in the first place(n)

Nope. I applied for the position of fitter. I was interviewed for the position of fitter. I got set on as a fitter (pending medical and drugs test).

I had to drive to Coventry for my medical. I had to drive to Leicester for drugs test.

Finally got a start date 2 months after being offered the job. I had been unemployed for 5 months by this time af ter being made redundant.

Turned up on my first day and was told the job had changed and I would now be an operator, based in the middle of nowhere (on less money too).

After being out of work for so long I had very little choice, as I was a bit fiscally challenged by then.

80 mile round trip. Normally takes around 1hr 15. Yesterday took me 4 hours to get to work. Today took 2. Coming home was as normal pretty much.

To Tesco its about 2-3 miles, takes 2-3 minutes (dual carriageway most of it).

For the Police its 16 miles each way, takes around 30 to 40 minutes depending on what way I go.

2 miles taking shortest route - about 25 mins due to the stupidly long traffic light delays.

7 miles if I go the long way and about 15 minutes :):slayer:

I did that kind of mileage for a year and a half.

Going to work was OK, but being delayed getting home really eats into your evening.

I had several routes I could take so I could avoid the worst of the jams, but there were many days when I was late in and even more when I was late home.

The travelling does get boring though.

Cheers

SPD

20 miles each way fighting for every inch in South East Essex. Takes from 45 minutes to 2 hours on a morning and from 1 hour to 3 hours on an evening. Might start working from home more often....

My uncle does a round trip of about 130 miles a day, but has the option to work at home a day a week. Plus gets company car and fuel allowance so its not too bad.

Me my longest commute was about 10 minutes to do 6 miles. :p I was on only on 10k though so wasnt worth living further away than that

Back