Technical gtech chip

Currently reading:
Technical gtech chip

mad20val

what are the advantages of the gtech chip as im thinking of one for my new 20vt coupe how easy is it to fit what tools are needed and do you have to rolling road the car after also what sort of boost do you run after (y)

Pro's: - up to 25BHP more power and torque

Con's - may finish off a tired turbo - ups boost to 1.2 bar

- fuel economy MAY suffer (didn't for me and lots of others, depends how you drive

- does not perform well with the standard EBV, may need to replace with an EBC/PRV

To run you will NEED a boost gauge at the very least, and I'd get her on a RR to check out fueling, but lots don't bother.

All in all, a top little mod and the cheapest single route to more power.

I have one fitted to my Coupé. They are an easy job to do and the difference is outstanding. I do have a dual pillar pod though showing boost and air/fuel mixture. On my previous Coupé it finished off the clutch which started slipping badly despite showing no signs before fitting. This one is fine though.

I have one on My coupe, along with a A pillar mounted Gauge, and PRV. My fuellling was checked and was spot on, although I previuosly fitted a new lambda probe. I also fitted 1 grade colder plugs. NGK BKR7EIX to be exact.

The car has now got a far more aggressive power delivery.

Its good to get a health check done on your car first, like compression test, and as above make sure your turbo and clutch are in good order.
Also 2 weeks after fitting mine the original dump valve developed a diaphram leak, so I swapped it for a Baileys item.

Back