General gtech

Currently reading:
General gtech

There is a guy on ebay that sells it (traumax) or pm grahamL on the fccuk.

Ross

nice one bruva! im still undecided,...one garage "chipped uk" said they could take my car to what i wanted eg 270 is there a limit to what i can take it to say where everythin would still be in a safe limit. or do i have to stick to the 30bhp increase that they all state.:slayer:

Chipped uk? Never heard of them......

Gtech is a proven chip and its only £30.

Ross

Well if he wants to go and get it done then i'd be interested to see the results.

Ross

You'd have to be stupid to not get the G-tech! a proven, safe chip for £30. Anyone who claims 270BHP through chipping alone is to be avoided IMO. Squadra got similar figures through massive overfueling and raising the boost a LOT.

thanks 4 all your advice much appreciated!!!! but coz i gotta buy gtech chip from 1 place an have it set up in another if anythin goes wrong who do you see!!! but its goin in saturday at 11 with a new modified 16vt STANDARD cat back exhaust(basically makes lot more of a fighter jet noise) if the clutch holds out il email the results with a video thanks again

I fitted my Gtech 1 myself with the easy to follow guide that I got off graham,L.

I was running my coupe with no other mods but a K&N 57i kit and most importantly a boost gauge. i suspect the chip had increased performance by another 30bhp max. taking me to maybe 250bhp on a cold day, letting the boost spike to 1.2bar. This is pretty much as far as you can go though, anymore and your intercooler will struggle to keep induction temps down. I fitted a boost valve to turn down the boost on hot days. The Gtech is a plug n play chip. It should be fitted with a boost gauge although this is true of all chips. For reassurance after fitting get the car rolling roaded to check fueling.

It would be unwise to run more than 250bhp on a stock intercooler. Infact on a hot day this is pretty much borderline. The only bad bit about any chip is it will put more stain on a heavily worn clutch and the same is so of the Turbo.

Short of it is the extra 30bhp takes a healthy engine close to its limit if on stock cooling. If your engine is unhealthy, clutch worn, turbo seals worn then you will have a few big bills coming that bit faster.

same here , took about 20 mins to remove management and install the chip and 1 hour test drive :D with a big grin on my face (5 mins test drive will do ) but was having to much fun (y)

thanks 4 all your advice much appreciated!!!! but coz i gotta buy gtech chip from 1 place an have it set up in another if anythin goes wrong who do you see!!! but its goin in saturday at 11 with a new modified 16vt STANDARD cat back exhaust(basically makes lot more of a fighter jet noise) if the clutch holds out il email the results with a video thanks again

Isn't GTECH1 only for the 20vt, the above suggests that the OP has a 16vt :confused:

Back