General Global Round Up!!!

Currently reading:
General Global Round Up!!!

I'm not sure if these two are members...
3ba5cd00ce14248bcbd3fbf07f7ebf4a_zpsh4whkd4w.jpg

Update

Australia
Chris aka Bambino, Sunshine Coast, Queensland
1967, 500F, RHD, Rosso Corsa.
Stripped to a shell, blasted, new panels and rust repairs then painted Rosso Corsa. Black vinyl upholstery with red piping.
695cc upgrade with larger inlet valves, ported head with DellOrto carby, raised compression ratio, sports camshaft, electronic ignition. Aluminium Abarth valve cover and sump. Components balanced.
Rebuilt 126 transaxle.
Front disc brakes and rear drums on 126 stub axles. 145/70 R12 radials on standard steel wheels.
Suspension lowered at the back and reverse eye spring at the front.
Rebuilt wiring loom and standard instruments (so far). Alternator.

Damon aka Damon500, Donvale, Victoria
1973, 500F, RHD
30,000mls purchased off original owner in Christchurch, NZ in 1991- as seen on cover of the 'Bambina' book.

1969, 500F, RHD
Purchased in 2004- 93,000mls with 650cc 126 Motor and transmission and Nanni 5 Speed conversion. My daily driver from 2004-14

1960 Fiat Giardiniera, RHD
Purchased in 2009- 650cc with 126 Gearbox and 5 speed conversion- finished restoration in Dec 2014 and current Daily driver now travelled 2500km

1960 and 1964 Fiat 500 Giardiniera restoration projects- waiting for elusive spare time!

Joe aka tjmra, Brisbane, Queensland
1969, 500F, RHD.
Purchased in 1986 for $400 as a non-drivable wreck.
Fairly basic resto back then and then used as a daily driver. (40 kms a day)
Off the road in Dec 99 when I got a company car.
Pretty comprehensive resto starting in mid 2010.
Non standard items
145 x 12 tyres
Carpet.
Inertia reel seat belts
Fiamm air horn
Bonnet fit badly in 86, fits badly now and will forever.
Always thinking about a 650 upgrade but keeping the crash box.

Nick aka 124spiderman, Sydney, NSW

Adam aka mizcca69, Adelaide, South Australia
1961, 500D, RHD, off white
Very original has books and dealership stick on back window, off white colour with red interior standard 500cc engine. Unmolested orginal car with 25,000 miles.

1971 Fiat 850 coupe, RHD, Rosso Corsa
Just been fully restored with Rosso corsa red leather bone interior, new tyres brakes and recondition engine.

Canada
Chris aka christopolous, Waterloo, Ontario

Germany
John aka Giardiniera1969, Wiesbaden

England
Tony aka vitesse, Westerham, Kent
1966, 500F, RHD, Blu Turchese
Purchased in 1992. Refurbished and resprayed in 2014.
It is nearly 100% original the only departures being the 123 ignition and Fiamm horn.
I do have a rebuilt 650cc engine and gearbox to go in the car, whether it stays in there or sold on is yet to be decided???

Sean aka Franko500, Herne Bay, Kent

Andrew aka AndrewHarvey, Canterbury, Kent

Damian aka Paolo66, Colchester, Essex
1966, 500F, RHD, azzuro aqcuamarina (baby blue)
The wifes car (I am just the mechanic). Purchased from Nathan Robertson who runs fiat500classics.co.uk. Currently under a full resto which I hope to finish by the end of August. 650 engine and syncro box.

Gareth aka ozza, Hampshire

Steve aka stevehg, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire

Gary aka Hugh Jarce, Barwell, Leicestershire
1972, 500L, RHD, Fire Starter Red
594CC, 126 synchro gearbox
Complete restoration to body Bare metal paint and complete new interior with red piped seats and wood rim steering wheel, wood knee pad
Engine and transmission change
All new under carriage, (suspension, brakes complete etc.).
Bare metal respray
New interior bespoke seats with red piping
Wood gear knob
Centre console with classic style stereo
Full carpet set with Fiat badged rugs
Rear shelf speaker panel with Fiat badging
Fiat Mille Miglia Alloys all round

Franco aka Little Frank, Warwick, Warwickshire

Dan aka thisisburdett, Britannia, Lancashire

Andy aka Dunnah01, Nantwich, Cheshire
1971, 500L, LHD
Imported to UK circa 2009 - Bought in 2012 - Resto started but lost garage so mothballed until last month - now back undergoing resto. Mechanicals all replaced/refurbished - 650cc 126 engine with synchro box, distrubutorless ignition, alternator.
Moccha with cream interior is current order from SWSBO.
Bodywork progressing well, minor welding complete now prepping for painting.
Custom wiring loom with push button start, remote alarm & central locking, probable DAB radio with SAT nav, 3rd brake light, HIDs

Fran Aka Ciccio500, Lincoln, Lincolnshire
1970, 500L, LHD

Eric aka Berkeleyman, Blackhall, Cleveland
1971, 500L, Red
Standard 650 engine, restored by a previous owner, I've had it for 2 1/2 years. Equipped with an "A" frame bracket and I tow it to rallies behind our motorhome.

?Our Mod? aka oopsadaisy, Redditch, Worcestershire
1972, 500L, Orange Red, LHD
650cc 126 engine
123 Electronic Ignition

Ireland
Darryl aka dk500, Blackrock, Dublin
1964, 500D, LHD, Blu Turchese
650cc synchromesh

Colm aka PointFive0, Dublin
1970, 500F, Blue
Bought in England off ebay in 2009. Came with CMR period wheels, a 650cc engine with sports cam and big exhaust, also had 123 electronic ignition. Has since needed an engine rebuild and the cylinders rehoned. At the time had the cylinder head flowed, and a weber 30dic carb fitted. Starting to get a little frilly now about the front wheel arches. Seeing as it's now considered naff to make abarth replicas, I've decided to make it a Giannini replica, nothing too OTT just a few badges etc to match the Giannini sump and gearknob.

New Zealand
Tim aka timgarman, Wanganui, North Island
1966, 500F, RHD.
Engine re-bored to 594cc. Mildly ground camshaft, 3.5L sump, DelOrto FZD 32/26 carb, twin exhaust. New Abarth speedo and steering wheel to go in.
Car still in a state of undress.

Roger aka RogerNZ Auckland, North Island

Chris aka looigi, Christchurch, South Island

Bob aka nzbobc, Christchurch, South Island
1972, 500F, RHD, White
New England, US ex-pat.
Like Damian, it's my partner's car, I'm just the mechanic. We use it all weekend long to run all our errands. A little more work on it and we'll use it as one of our daily drivers.
It's been repainted at some point, "Appliance white" as several people have called the colour-it's very bright in the sunshine.
650cc motor and differential, 3.5l alloy sump, Hi-lift cam (good low end torque), Skimmed head, 123 ignition.
126 stub axles and brakes up front, 126 hubs and brakes on the back. 145/70R 12 tyres on steel rims.
126 seats, inertia reel seat belts, oil temp&pressure gauges, tach, carpet.

James aka nzbambina, Wellington, North Island
1963, 500D, RHD
My Dad bought it for my Mum to drive back in about 1970 and it's never left the family. Completely unmodified and it goes like a dream. I did a road trip in it over Christmas. I was going to do bits and pieces to it before setting out like putting in electronic ignition but my brother said, 'No, just drive it as it is. If it breaks down, it's all part of the adventure of having a Bambina.' So I did. When I set out I fully expected the car to expire in protest and it had travelled 10 kilometres (What do you mean, you want me to go further than 10 kilometres? I haven't done that since 1980!) but it singularly failed to break down. I drove it about 400 kilometres up steep winding hills and over rough corrugated bone-shaking metal roads and it never missed a beat. In fact, it just seemed to get better and better. I haven't had so much fun in years. This year I'm going to start doing it up.

Scotland
Peter aka fiat500, Nairn, Highlands
1969, 500F, RHD, Turkish Blue.
Lancashire Ex-pat.:D
UK specification.
499cc, the original engine and non-syncromesh gearbox.
It has been totally rebuilt in every detail but with probably 95% of everything except bodywork steel retained.
Interior completely original.
Modifications are a cigarette lighter socket on the end of a cable in the glovebox for a satnav and copper aero-locknuts coupled with 126 tab-washers on the exhaust elbows. Tailored carpet mats.

United States
Luxe aka Luxe (I couldn't find a name?), San Diego, California

Marcus aka Marcus550, Uxbridge, Massachusetts

Wales
Tom aka the hobbler, Saltney, Flintshire?
1971, 500L, Burgundy
Purchased from Middle Barton Garage October 2012.
It came with 650 engine and synchro box in it, along with 126 hubs and brakes both ends. Also included were a pair of bucket seats and a wood-rim steering wheel. MBG stored it for me over the winter 2012/2013 as I was away (racing a 51ft yacht across the Atlantic). Whilst they stored it, I had them fit Grp2 , bolt-on, wheel arch extensions. I have lowered it, fitted 13in wheels, fitted 500 flywheel, sports exhaust, 35/75/75/35 camshaft, skimmed and carefully flowed cylinder head, larger inlet valves and re-jetted carb. Over the winter 2013/2014 I helped with a 'down to metal' re-spray (Fiat 124 Burgundy) and had the interior trimmed out in white cloth. It goes well, and looks pretty good. Fair bit more to do yet, but as I am retired it has to be as funds allow--all being done on a budget!

My global info is drying up guys!!!!!!! Just Ken in the US added today.

Australia
Stripped to a shell, blasted, new panels and rust repairs then painted Rosso Corsa. Black vinyl upholstery with red piping.
695cc upgrade with larger inlet valves, ported head with DellOrto carby, raised compression ratio, sports camshaft, electronic ignition. Aluminium Abarth valve cover and sump. Components balanced.
Rebuilt 126 transaxle.
Front disc brakes and rear drums on 126 stub axles. 145/70 R12 radials on standard steel wheels.

1973, 500F, RHD
30,000mls purchased off original owner in Christchurch, NZ in 1991- as seen on cover of the 'Bambina' book.

1969, 500F, RHD
Purchased in 2004- 93,000mls with 650cc 126 Motor and transmission and Nanni 5 Speed conversion. My daily driver from 2004-14

Purchased in 2009- 650cc with 126 Gearbox and 5 speed conversion- finished restoration in Dec 2014 and current Daily driver now travelled 2500km

1960 and 1964 Fiat 500 Giardiniera restoration projects- waiting for elusive spare time!

1969, 500F, RHD.
Non standard items
145 x 12 tyres
Carpet.
Inertia reel seat belts
Fiamm air horn

Very original has books and dealership stick on back window, off white colour with red interior standard 500cc engine. Unmolested orginal car with 25,000 miles.

Just been fully restored with Rosso corsa red leather bone interior, new tyres brakes and recondition engine.

Canada

Germany

England
It is nearly 100% original the only departures being the 123 ignition and Fiamm horn.
I do have a rebuilt 650cc engine and gearbox to go in the car, whether it stays in there or sold on is yet to be decided???

The wifes car (I am just the mechanic). Purchased from Nathan Robertson who runs fiat500classics.co.uk. Currently under a full resto which I hope to finish by the end of August. 650 engine and syncro box.

Complete restoration to body Bare metal paint and complete new interior with red piped seats and wood rim steering wheel, wood knee pad
All new under carriage, (suspension, brakes complete etc.).
Bare metal respray
New interior bespoke seats with red piping
Wood gear knob

1971, 500L, LHD
Imported to UK circa 2009 - Bought in 2012 - Resto started but lost garage so mothballed until last month - now back undergoing resto. Mechanicals all replaced/refurbished - 650cc 126 engine with synchro box, distrubutorless ignition, alternator.
Custom wiring loom with push button start, remote alarm & central locking, probable DAB radio with SAT nav, 3rd brake light, HIDs

1970, 500L, LHD

1971, 500L, Red
Standard 650 engine, restored by a previous owner, I've had it for 2 1/2 years. Equipped with an "A" frame bracket and I tow it to rallies behind our motorhome.

650cc 126 engine
123 Electronic Ignition

Ireland
650cc synchromesh

1970, 500F, Blue
Bought in England off ebay in 2009. Came with CMR period wheels, a 650cc engine with sports cam and big exhaust, also had 123 electronic ignition. Has since needed an engine rebuild and the cylinders rehoned. At the time had the cylinder head flowed, and a weber 30dic carb fitted. Starting to get a little frilly now about the front wheel arches. Seeing as it's now considered naff to make abarth replicas, I've decided to make it a Giannini replica, nothing too OTT just a few badges etc to match the Giannini sump and gearknob.

New Zealand
1966, 500F, RHD.
Engine re-bored to 594cc. Mildly ground camshaft, 3.5L sump, DelOrto FZD 32/26 carb, twin exhaust. New Abarth speedo and steering wheel to go in.

1972, 500F, RHD, White
New England, US ex-pat.
Like Damian, it's my partner's car, I'm just the mechanic. We use it all weekend long to run all our errands. A little more work on it and we'll use it as one of our daily drivers.
It's been repainted at some point, "Appliance white" as several people have called the colour-it's very bright in the sunshine.
650cc motor and differential, 3.5l alloy sump, Hi-lift cam (good low end torque), Skimmed head, 123 ignition.
126 stub axles and brakes up front, 126 hubs and brakes on the back. 145/70R 12 tyres on steel rims.

1963, 500D, RHD
My Dad bought it for my Mum to drive back in about 1970 and it's never left the family. Completely unmodified and it goes like a dream. I did a road trip in it over Christmas. I was going to do bits and pieces to it before setting out like putting in electronic ignition but my brother said, 'No, just drive it as it is. If it breaks down, it's all part of the adventure of having a Bambina.' So I did. When I set out I fully expected the car to expire in protest and it had travelled 10 kilometres (What do you mean, you want me to go further than 10 kilometres? I haven't done that since 1980!) but it singularly failed to break down. I drove it about 400 kilometres up steep winding hills and over rough corrugated bone-shaking metal roads and it never missed a beat. In fact, it just seemed to get better and better. I haven't had so much fun in years. This year I'm going to start doing it up.

Scotland
Lancashire Ex-pat.:D
UK specification.
It has been totally rebuilt in every detail but with probably 95% of everything except bodywork steel retained.
Modifications are a cigarette lighter socket on the end of a cable in the glovebox for a satnav and copper aero-locknuts coupled with 126 tab-washers on the exhaust elbows. Tailored carpet mats.

United States

Ken aka Kalsig, Whidbey Island, Washington

Wales
1971, 500L, Burgundy
It came with 650 engine and synchro box in it, along with 126 hubs and brakes both ends. Also included were a pair of bucket seats and a wood-rim steering wheel. MBG stored it for me over the winter 2012/2013 as I was away (racing a 51ft yacht across the Atlantic). Whilst they stored it, I had them fit Grp2 , bolt-on, wheel arch extensions. I have lowered it, fitted 13in wheels, fitted 500 flywheel, sports exhaust, 35/75/75/35 camshaft, skimmed and carefully flowed cylinder head, larger inlet valves and re-jetted carb. Over the winter 2013/2014 I helped with a 'down to metal' re-spray (Fiat 124 Burgundy) and had the interior trimmed out in white cloth. It goes well, and looks pretty good. Fair bit more to do yet, but as I am retired it has to be as funds allow--all being done on a budget!

Last edited:
1971 500L LHD Imported from Italy
Purchased March 2014
Total restoration, updating to 650cc & 126 gearbox

1964 500D LHD Imported from Italy
Purchased July 2014
Total restoration to be started. Aim to return to standard specification.

Also own a growing collection of Engines, gearboxes & seats. (Just in case I buy some more Fiat 500's)
tempt.gif

Geoff Canberra Australia

Fiat 500F

Sold a Fiat 600D to buy the 500 in 2012

Bought with a worn out and knocking 500 crankcase/650 barrel engine
Have been slowly collecting parts to rebuild but in the meantime have been using borrowed standard 500 engine

The engine will be pretty mild with standard 650 cam. 28 weber, standard 126 exhaust etc etc

Keeping the crash box and using the 500 crankcase retains the lever start.
I have a reverse eye front spring and camber compensators to fit later

(My other old cars are 1963 Fiat 1500 and a 1938 Austin 7 that was my Dad's car)

Cheers

Geoff

IanEmery, Oulton Broad in Suffolk.

1962 500D in Avorio Chiaro. Short roof. Older, used, restoration. Original spec apart from a wood rim steering wheel and a period radio.
1964 500D in Verdi Oasi. Long roof. Restored in 2008 and stored since. Original spec.

I suppose I better update the list again. I'm shirking from my duties.:D

I'll do it tomorrow evening, so anyone else who wants to be added, post and I will add you tomorrow.

Tony

Michael, Canberra, Australia

1972 500f in bare metal, purchased in 1995 as an allegedly rust free car and limited progress since due to moderate rust.

1972 500f white resprayed red and purchased in 1994. Standard, with the only mods being rust and lichen. Currently having the rust cut out and replaced before re-registration.

1500/500 has my engine and didn't mention that he has modified it with twin petrol filters.

Daniel. Adelaide. South Australia. 1970 500f Red (cause they go faster!)

1972 500f in bare metal, purchased in 1995 as an allegedly rust free car and limited progress since due to moderate rust.

1972 500f white resprayed red and purchased in 1994. Standard, with the only mods being rust and lichen. Currently having the rust cut out and replaced before re-registration.

1500/500 has my engine and didn't mention that he has modified it with twin petrol filters.

To stop any crud from the second hand petrol pump getting into the carbie

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 34

Here's the red car....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 23
Hi all,
I found this thread Tony started some time ago.
I found it very useful to remember everyone's names - its an age thing or too much thinners & paint usage!
Thought I would update it for those newbies.

Australia
Stripped to a shell, blasted, new panels and rust repairs then painted RossoCorsa. Black vinyl upholstery with red piping.
695cc upgrade with larger inlet valves, ported head with DellOrto carby, raisedcompression ratio, sports camshaft, electronic ignition. Aluminium Abarth valvecover and sump. Components balanced.
Rebuilt 126 transaxle.
Front disc brakes and rear drums on 126 stub axles. 145/70 R12 radials onstandard steel wheels.

1973, 500F, RHD
30,000mls purchased off original owner in Christchurch, NZ in 1991- as seen oncover of the 'Bambina' book.

1969, 500F, RHD
Purchased in 2004- 93,000mls with 650cc 126 Motor and transmission and Nanni 5Speed conversion. My daily driver from 2004-14

Purchased in 2009- 650cc with 126 Gearbox and 5 speed conversion- finishedrestoration in Dec 2014 and current Daily driver now travelled 2500km

1960 and 1964 Fiat 500 Giardiniera restoration projects- waiting for elusivespare time!

1969, 500F, RHD.
Non standard items
145 x 12 tyres
Carpet.
Inertia reel seat belts
Fiamm air horn

Very original has books and dealership stick on back window, off white colourwith red interior standard 500cc engine. Unmolested orginal car with 25,000miles.

Just been fully restored with Rosso corsa red leather bone interior, new tyresbrakes and recondition engine.

Geoff aka 1500500, Canberra, Australia
Fiat 500F
Sold a Fiat 600D to buy the 500 in 2012
Bought with a worn out and knocking 500 crankcase/650 barrel engine
Have been slowly collecting parts to rebuild but in the meantime have beenusing borrowed standard 500 engine
The engine will be pretty mild with standard 650 cam. 28 weber, standard 126exhaust etc etc
Keeping the crash box and using the 500 crankcase retains the lever start.
I have a reverse eye front spring and camber compensators to fit later

Michael aka telemike4,Canberra, Australia
1972 500f in bare metal, purchased in 1995 as an allegedly rust free car andlimited progress since due to moderate rust.
1972 500f white resprayed red and purchased in 1994. Standard, with the onlymods being rust and lichen. Currently having the rust cut out and replacedbefore re-registration.
1500/500 has my engine and didn't mention that he has modified it with twin petrolfilters.

Daniel aka Leo6, Adelaide. South Australia.

1970 500f Red (cause they go faster!)

Canada

Germany

England
It is nearly 100% original the only departures being the 123 ignition and Fiammhorn.
I do have a rebuilt 650cc engine and gearbox to go in the car, whether it staysin there or sold on is yet to be decided??

1971 500L LHD Imported from Italy
Purchased March 2014
Total restoration, updating to 650cc & 126 gearbox

1964 500D LHD Imported from Italy
Purchased July 2014
Total restoration to be started. Aim to return to standard specification.

Ian - aka Bleeding Knuckles (often), YORKSHIRE, UK

David aka Toshi - West London

Andy aka Andyrousecar, Carnforth,North Lancashire, England.

1971 - 500F

IanEmery, Oulton Broad inSuffolk.
1962 500D in Avorio Chiaro. Short roof. Older, used, restoration. Original specapart from a wood rim steering wheel and a period radio.
1964 500D in Verdi Oasi. Long roof. Restored in 2008 and stored since. Originalspec.

The wifes car (I am just the mechanic). Purchased from Nathan Robertson whoruns fiat500classics.co.uk. Currently under a full resto which I hope to finishby the end of August. 650 engine and syncro box.

Complete restoration to body Bare metal paint and complete new interior withred piped seats and wood rim steering wheel, wood knee pad
All new under carriage,(suspension, brakes complete etc.).
Bare metal respray
New interior bespoke seats withred piping
Wood gear knob

1971, 500L, LHD
Imported to UK circa 2009 - Bought in 2012 - Resto started but lost garage somothballed until last month - now back undergoing resto. Mechanicals allreplaced/refurbished - 650cc 126 engine with synchro box, distrubutorlessignition, alternator.
Custom wiring loom with push button start, remote alarm & central locking,probable DAB radio with SAT nav, 3rd brake light, HIDs

1970, 500L, LHD

1971, 500L, Red
Standard 650 engine, restored by a previous owner, I've had it for 2 1/2 years.Equipped with an "A" frame bracket and I tow it to rallies behind ourmotorhome.

650cc 126 engine
123 Electronic Ignition

Ireland
650cc synchromesh

1970, 500F, Blue
Bought in England off ebay in 2009. Came with CMR period wheels, a 650cc enginewith sports cam and big exhaust, also had 123 electronic ignition. Has sinceneeded an engine rebuild and the cylinders rehoned. At the time had the cylinderhead flowed, and a weber 30dic carb fitted. Starting to get a little frilly nowabout the front wheel arches. Seeing as it's now considered naff to make abarthreplicas, I've decided to make it a Giannini replica, nothing too OTT just afew badges etc to match the Giannini sump and gearknob.

New Zealand
1966, 500F, RHD.
Engine re-bored to 594cc. Mildly ground camshaft, 3.5L sump, DelOrto FZD 32/26carb, twin exhaust. New Abarth speedo and steering wheel to go in.

1972, 500F, RHD, White
New England, US ex-pat.
Like Damian, it's my partner's car, I'm just the mechanic. We use it allweekend long to run all our errands. A little more work on it and we'll use itas one of our daily drivers.
It's been repainted at some point, "Appliance white" as severalpeople have called the colour-it's very bright in the sunshine.
650cc motor and differential, 3.5l alloy sump, Hi-lift cam (good low endtorque), Skimmed head, 123 ignition.
126 stub axles and brakes up front, 126 hubs and brakes on the back. 145/70R 12tyres on steel rims.

1963, 500D, RHD
My Dad bought it for my Mum to drive back in about 1970 and it's never left thefamily. Completely unmodified and it goes like a dream. I did a road trip in itover Christmas. I was going to do bits and pieces to it before setting out likeputting in electronic ignition but my brother said, 'No, just drive it as itis. If it breaks down, it's all part of the adventure of having a Bambina.' So Idid. When I set out I fully expected the car to expire in protest and it hadtravelled 10 kilometres (What do you mean, you want me to go further than 10kilometres? I haven't done that since 1980!) but it singularly failed to breakdown. I drove it about 400 kilometres up steep winding hills and over roughcorrugated bone-shaking metal roads and it never missed a beat. In fact, itjust seemed to get better and better. I haven't had so much fun in years. Thisyear I'm going to start doing it up.

Scotland
Lancashire Ex-pat.
j2xgwDMBDSsnVA69OtCogRQzID4UOTOFEwAHkGJSmhPzgRIAFU7lagXmBJGuXwEwEMPlz8AaBEagAjDrBQAkcUj5iCtQwK0FSzhciBsQADs=

UK specification.
It has been totally rebuilt in every detail but with probably 95% of everythingexcept bodywork steel retained.
Modifications are a cigarette lighter socket on the end of a cable in theglovebox for a satnav and copper aero-locknuts coupled with 126 tab-washers on theexhaust elbows. Tailored carpet mats.

United States

Ken aka Kalsig, Whidbey Island,Washington, USA

Wales
1971, 500L, Burgundy
It came with 650 engine and synchro box in it, along with 126 hubs and brakesboth ends. Also included were a pair of bucket seats and a wood-rim steeringwheel. MBG stored it for me over the winter 2012/2013 as I was away (racing a51ft yacht across the Atlantic). Whilst they stored it, I had them fit Grp2 ,bolt-on, wheel arch extensions. I have lowered it, fitted 13in wheels, fitted500 flywheel, sports exhaust, 35/75/75/35 camshaft, skimmed and carefullyflowed cylinder head, larger inlet valves and re-jetted carb. Over the winter2013/2014 I helped with a 'down to metal' re-spray (Fiat 124 Burgundy) and hadthe interior trimmed out in white cloth. It goes well, and looks pretty good.Fair bit more to do yet, but as I am retired it has to be as funds allow--allbeing done on a budget!

Dave aka luxe, San Diego, California

1969 500 L, originally purchased in Teramo, Italy for 3500 Euro.

Originally painted Torino blue, now a cream yellow with rims painted white.

Interior upgraded to include seat bolsters and center console with radio insert.

Engine just restored back to original spec.

Pete, a village called Kinver, South Staffordshire, England.

Until just over a couple of years ago it would have been Neutral Bay, New South Wales, Australia.

Back